52 views
Verified Reviewer

This past Christmas I order a slew of merchandise from Amazon. One of the order cause a duplicate charge know that there was an error i called Amazon to let them know that an overcharge happened.

This is where the problem starts.

Amazon CS: Immediately they assure me that this was an auth charge and it will fall off.

Me: I used amazon a lot I have never seen a duplicate auth charge, I advised that i will wait to see if the charge falls off. a couple of days later I see that the charge goes through.

Amazon CS: you will have to dispute it with you bank, we cant credit you.

Me: but this is you error why do I need to correct the issue on my end, the same way you request a duplicate auth you can reverse it. 2 days of this back an forth with them, so frustrated I disputed the charges with my bank, I then get in contact with a person from Amazon that speaks English and has some basic understanding of what I need. The were also able to grant the credit in the same time frame I already disputed the charge.

Surely Amazon would catch the duplicate refund... right? wrong the credit me twice.

I reach out to them again because of a faulty Gift Card on New years day. The card was not activated, amazon could not get the card activated and issued me refund however they issued the refund lesser of what I owed for the duplicate credit that i received.

I get an email that states that they were going to dispute the credit over-payment with my bank, to which I respond please do not request a refund from my bank as the credit over-payment has already been satisfied. I get a response Jan 9th stating the credit balance has already been satisfied and that we(amazon) has requested that this dispute is closed in your favor. that should be the end.... but wait there's more on 2/4/2020 i see that there was a credit reversal done and they took the additional amount that they said they already received.

of course I contacted Amazon immediately, these people required me to talk to 4 different people, I had to escalate twice in order to recieve a refund.

I sent and email to Jeff Bezos ( Jeffbezos@amazon.com) CEO stating if this is the way that you and your company does business I wont be apart of it anymore. I have multiple Amazon devices and smart home devices I will never shop amazon again

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Customer Care.

Reason of review: Customer Escalation and resolution.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Amazon Pros: Quick delivery.

Amazon Cons: Scripted rebuttals, Horrible billing practices, Low integrity.

Comments