Bellevue, Washington

I bought a satellite antenna from Amazon.com (sold by igotyourneeds) for $495 at the end of Feb., 2010. when I received the package, I immediately become suspicious of the package which looked like it was tempered. I tried to return it to Amazon.com (igotyourneeds) within a week of the purchase but was ignored by Amazon.com and igotyourneeds. Then I tried to use it and it failed to work. The factory technician has identified the unit as a defect unit. I had to spent $42 to send the unit for fixing.

It has been two months after I paid for the unit and I still waiting the antenna to be sent to me.

Just be careful buying from Amazon.com now because it has become a flea market.

4/30/2010

Comments

Amazon has become a flea market, many "venders" are selling stuff through amazon. I work at a fulfillment center I see the *** that comes in that folks couldn't sell on ebay. Don't buy stuff that is third party only from amazon.

yuppers

I sympathize with you man, that was not cool on amazon's part. You did everyhting you were supposed to.

I would file a claim on www.bbb.org. its easy and they will force amazon to communicate with you and resolve the issue.

yuppers

Yes, Amazon has indeed become a flea market, the exact same thing happened to me. I bought an ipod nano that was sold as refurbished.

The ipod was actually used and had a dead battery (it was sold through ocean reef electronics on amazon).

Amazon would not honor their a to z policy when I filed a claim. If you buy online stick with bonafide businesses - don't go through Amazon.

Skittle,

Regardless whether you work for Amazon.com or not, you are a liar and a bad one. You are lying about so called A-to-Z program. You stated in your comments that “You should be aware of something called an a to z gaurantee. its buyers insurance when you shop on there site which means if you dont get what you paid for let us know and we will take care of it.”

As a matter of fact I did contact A-to-Z and got the following nonsense response:

” Hello from Amazon.com.

We are writing to you regarding your recent A-to-z Guarantee claim for order 002-8576358-3717834. The Amazon.com A-to-z Guarantee refund policy only covers:

1) When the buyer provided payment to the seller, but the seller failed to deliver the item.

2) When the buyer received the item, but the item was materially different than as depicted in the seller's description.

We determined that you are not eligible for an A-to-z Guarantee claim as you did not contact the seller within 14 days of receipt to report the issue or return the item within 30 days of shipment. Your Guarantee claim for order 002-8576358-3717834 has been closed.”

The whole response from Amazon.com was nothing but nonsense – I contacted the seller within 5 days of receipt and was refused to return the defect item to the seller!!

This A-to-Z program is a joke!! It actually protects vendors of Amazon.com who sell defect $500 items and refuse to take them back.

Skittle - you're joking, right? Try following the "Contact Us" link and see how frustrated you get trying to find a PHONE NUMBER!

It's nearly impossible if you've never done it before.

Amazon, like most other large online companies hide their phone numbers, do away with customer service reps who have an ounce of intelligence, and try to automate everything.

I went through this last month and when I finally found a number I was speaking to India and someone reading a script. Complete comedy!

So instead of accusing others lets look at the issue. here.

Amazon.com is set up for self service. that means you abide to the terms and conditions you agreed to when you created the account. You should be aware of something called an a to z gaurantee. its buyers insurance when you shop on there site which means if you dont get what you paid for let us know and we will take care of it.

Flee markets dont do that. If you cant self educate yourself on an internet website *amazon is not walmart* you cant claim stupidity because you didn't bother to take the time to research. Its all there for you to look at before you buy..

time to take responsibility for your actions even if it was defective its your fault for not trying to resolve it properly.. they do have a phone number you know with human beings you can talk to sign into your account click on the help pages and it is says in yellow on the right CONTACT US!!!