2.0

I first became a Prime member back in 1998. I paid $99 per year, and it was a good deal--free, two-day shipping, free streaming service, and unlimited music.

Additionally, as months passed, other perks were added (e.g., free ebooks to check out and read).

Now, Amazon wants $119 per year but NOTHING was added to the service! Plus, the quality of service is rolling downhill. Shipments are now only guaranteed to "ship within two days." The prime movies are usually concurrently available on other service providers (e.g., Netflix, Hulu, Sling, Starz, Showtime, etc.), and there is NO original programming. Music is now restricted.

If a customer wants full access, it costs an additional $79 per year (or $7.99 per month). If a customer wants to have unlimited access to their ebooks, a separate monthly fee is charged for that, too. Jeff Bezos has grown greedy. His daily earnings for 2018 were estimated at $215 million per day--while his employees were paid minimum wage.

My current membership ends on February 1st, and I am not renewing.

I can no longer support Amazon's greed, and I often find other online retailers who provide good customer service, reasonable pricing at or less than what Amazon charges, and they do not charge for shipping (or taxes).

Before you join Amazon Prime or make that next Amazon purchase, I hope that you the reader will consider what I have written. There is power in letting your feet do the talking.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Prime Membership.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

It's people like you that's why our services our beginning to decline. If people keep cancelling their subscriptions, how are we supposed to provide maintenance and upkeep to our services. I work hard every day for my free shiatsu massage and this is how you repay us?

to Amazon Corporate #1625939

I doubt you are someone from Amazon Corporate.

to Anonymous #1626022

Of course I am! You can't just go onto the internet and lie to people. Who do you think we are, eBay?

to Amazon Corporate #1626649