Verified Reviewer

5.0

I received a call today (9/11/2020) at 2:15 CST, from a phone number listed on my caller ID as 015614****04867 (strange, huh?). I did not answer it but a message was left on my answering machine stating that a purchase of $149.99 was made to be charged to my Visa card for an Amazon purchase.

If they didn't hear back from me they would assume the charge was legitimate and would bill my credit card and ship the merchandise. If there was a problem, I should call Amazon support at 304-867-****. I checked my orders with Amazon and everything is as it should be. I check with my Visa card and everything is as it should be.

I have placed no order and nothing has been billed to my Visa card. This is a scam call.

They DID NOT identify themselves as Amazon and did not indicate that the item was that was ordered. I did not return the call.

User's recommendation: Amazon is great; check your info before falling for a scam call.

Comments