Verified Reviewer

I ordered a laptop (Asus ZenBook Duo, price INR 102803) on 19 Aug 2020, the order no is 405-050****-641**** (please refer the attachment), and the product was delivered on time, but from Day 1 it has technical issues, and I reported the issues to the customer service agent. The customer service agent sent an engineer to review the issue, and It took 2-3 days then the engineer suggested it for the replacement.

Then Amazon has replaced the laptop on 1 Sep 2020, but this laptop also has the problem, and I reported the same immediately to the customer service agent.

The agent told me to wait for few days as the engineer has to visit my place to verify my complaints. I have to wait for two days for the same, and this time again, the engineer came and suggested for return so that, I can receive the money quickly. I reported the same to the customer service agent, and they accepted it for return and on 3 Sep 2020, the return pick up was completed. As per the Amazon mobile application, the product was received already (screenshot attached); however, the refund was not initiated.

I have contacted the customer service agents several times, and I spent almost 20-30 minutes/ call already, and every time the answer was, they will initiate the refund by 48 hrs.

Even I have the email of the customer service agent name Rohit K who mentioned that he has escalated the issue and refund will be completed within 20 Sep and till now its not done. Yesterday, I again contacted the customer service agent for the same, and they repeat the same, and now they are saying its high-value purchase and I have to wait. Even they are violating the internal refund policies.

The retailer name is Appario Retail Private Limited.

For you kind information, I have purchased the same laptop with higher configuration and slightly higher price from the Amazon and this time seller was different. So far, this product is working fine.

Now my question is, why I have to wait so long for the refund?

Why is Amazon selling counterfeit products online with their support to some retailers like Appario Retail?

I strongly believe that Appario retail and Amazon has some connection behind this fraud, and they are ruining the image of Amazon among the customer.

I am extremely disappointed with Amazon, and its hard to believe that this type of fraud is happening.

After considering all these, I have consulted with my legal team, and as per Indian law, this type of fraud comes under IPC 420 and violation of customer protection laws.

Hence I have decided to take legal assistance for mental harassment, cheating/ fraud, breach of customer trust against Amazon India, Appario retail and few customer service agents who told a lie to me.

I have attached the purchase invoice, screenshots of return product status, an email stating promise of customer service agent regarding refund and I also have the audio recording of all phone calls.

I hope you will take this matter very seriously and do justice to the customer like us.

We Indian, love Amazon but this type of event breaching customer trust. Please take appropriate actions against your internal team and the retailer.

User's recommendation: Do not purchase high puchase item from Amazon Appario retail.

Comments