Verified Reviewer

Junior Reviewer
3.8

Update by user Nov 21, 2021

It hasn't, but I understand that this issue of fraudulent texts is a worldwide issue and I really hope that people don't fall for it.As a huge organisation, Amazon are one of many, that will be targeted, alongside their customers. I have no problem with Amazon, only the people who allow these criminals to carry on stealing from us all.

Original review posted by user Oct 22, 2021

I was browsing Amazon, adding and deleting items. I don't think that I have bought more than one item off their site, directly.

I then went onto my emails and received a text to thank me for my Amazon order and to say that my bank account would have £750 taken from it, within the next three days, unless I rang them immediately...

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE, I thought.

I don't even have 75 pence in my account!!!

I had read about scammers accessing your details, after you call them back, so I didn't.

Please remember that mobile phones can be hacked. These people are not playing games.

They are part of larger criminal groups that are well run. Do not return, or answer phone calls of anyone who you suspect as fake.

If they are real and 'above board ', they will write to you.

User's recommendation: Please email Amazon directly, to confirm that you are dealing with the legitimate company.

Location: Liverpool, England