Fraud/ bait and switch by Zavko Home & Outdoors on Amazon

319 of 1057 Amazon reviews

I purchased an item from Zavko Home & Outdoors that was "in stock" on Aug 11, 2015 for 301.99. the next day I received an email for Amazon saying the vendor was "out of stock" so they canceled the order. on Aug 12, 2015. the very next day the order is back up on amazon through Zavko Home & Outdoors and is now listed at $495.24 ans shows "in stock".

This is an illegal business practice and the seller is obligated under the law to provide my goods at the purchased agreement price of 301.99. This is fraud/ bait and switch. it is illegal means of advertising under Federal law. On Amazon's own agreement terms it states the following:

"By entering into this Participation Agreement and posting a listing for fixed price sale, you agree to complete the transaction as described by this Participation Agreement. You acknowledge that by not fulfilling these obligations, your action or inaction may be legally actionable."

Also:

"For sales where a Seller lists goods at a fixed price ("fixed price sales"), the Seller is obligated to sell the goods at the listed price to Buyers who meet the Seller's terms. By listing an item in a fixed price sale, you represent and warrant to prospective Buyers that you have the right and ability to sell, and that the listing is accurate, current, and complete and is not misleading or otherwise deceptive."

This is a clear cut case of fraud. I have the email proof of purchase, cancelation, and then the next order with a higher price from the same company for the same exact item.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Fraud
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Product or service
3M Peltor Ws 100 Mt16H21Fws5Um580 Headset
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #682562

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Amazon? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
319 of 1057 Amazon reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 29 #1247673

I am waiting for a Response for a Broken Glass Baster I ordered! The shipping bag had a Zavko Card(No Invoice in package) but they don't respond......I had no account listed with them./So I registered and sent an Email to them........I am assuming that it was ordered through Amazon but no record of that....Who would put a Glass Baster(COOKING) In a Padded Bag? I want another one or my money back!!!!

0 0 Reply

Aug 15, 2015 #1020073

What Amazon does appalling. They are crooks who have hired the best scamsters (hackers) in IT. I refuse to do business with Amazon for the very same reasons. Stand your ground with trickery "out of stock". They are monopolizing our search engines. We never agreed to do business with crooks & I will not! Someone is authorizing this monopoly! Everytime it happens, I don't buy! Check locally for products, they generally will match prices for your local business, lower delivery fees, sooner deliveries. It works!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Amazon. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Amazon.
Filing a new complaint about
×