I purchased an item from Zavko Home & Outdoors that was "in stock" on Aug 11, 2015 for 301.99. the next day I received an email for Amazon saying the vendor was "out of stock" so they canceled the order. on Aug 12, 2015. the very next day the order is back up on amazon through Zavko Home & Outdoors and is now listed at $495.24 ans shows "in stock".
This is an illegal business practice and the seller is obligated under the law to provide my goods at the purchased agreement price of 301.99. This is fraud/ bait and switch. it is illegal means of advertising under Federal law. On Amazon's own agreement terms it states the following:
"By entering into this Participation Agreement and posting a listing for fixed price sale, you agree to complete the transaction as described by this Participation Agreement. You acknowledge that by not fulfilling these obligations, your action or inaction may be legally actionable."
"For sales where a Seller lists goods at a fixed price ("fixed price sales"), the Seller is obligated to sell the goods at the listed price to Buyers who meet the Seller's terms. By listing an item in a fixed price sale, you represent and warrant to prospective Buyers that you have the right and ability to sell, and that the listing is accurate, current, and complete and is not misleading or otherwise deceptive."
This is a clear cut case of fraud. I have the email proof of purchase, cancelation, and then the next order with a higher price from the same company for the same exact item.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Product or service
- 3M Peltor Ws 100 Mt16H21Fws5Um580 Headset
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On 11/17/2015 I ordered: Cheetos Cheese Snacks, Jumbo Puffs, 0.875 Ounce (Pack of 104) Sold by: Amazon.com LLC $26.76 Clicked on Buy it Again today (12/30/2015) and see this: Cheetos Cheese Snacks, Jumbo Puffs, 0.875..."
- "Had a bad experience with Amazon - purchased an item advertised as private and then found it was transparent. Tried to return it but found difficulties with this given..."
- "I was charged $99.00 for a service I DID NOT ask for nor approve. 2 days ago I came upon a Year Old charge for $99.00 for Amazon Prime...."
- "So I have worked for the company for a few years now at a few different chains in a few different states. Each time transferring easily to my current postion..."
- "Service guy came spent 5 minutes or less. He did not leave a list of things he checked or serviced, nothing to sign or review, just said goodbye and walked..."
- "The hurricane wv (teays valley) store has the greatest employees of all speedways in our area. But i am legally blind. Once a month i get a hot chocolate using..."
- "Garnier Hair Color Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Color Creme, Bl11 Reflective Jet Blue BlackI started using this color just before Mothers Day 2014. My hair began falling out in..."
- "I wish would have done research prior to having transplanted hair. I probably wouldn't have acted on desperation of wanting fuller hair. I not only lost more hair than i..."
- "There are always a few shady scam artists lurking around in every city and I happened to fall for it: I got scammed by "Larry, Moe, and Curly" posing as..."