1.8

Update by user Aug 19, 2017

I should add that customers are blatantly discouraged from posting negative reviews. On their storefront they state, "Please note that leaving negative feedback or filing a A-Z claim against an order will not make things go faster and in most cases will slow down the returns and refunds processing."

Original review posted by user Aug 19, 2017

Fine Trade on Amazon's site charged me $89 shipping on a product that clearly stated Free Shipping! Taking advantage of Amazon's One-Click program, Fine Trade has set up many of their products as free shipping, but charge PO Box customers exorbitant shipping fees without notifying the customer beforehand!

I purchased $11 body wash cloths for my disabled husband, expecting to get free shipping as the product page indicated. There was no notice on the page about extra fees or issues with shipping to PO Boxes. No detailed cost was displayed after the One Click purchase. When it shipped, I received a notice that an $89 shipping fee had been added to my $11 order!

Fourteen emails to Fine Trade, a complaint with Amazon, and a claim with my credit card company yeilded no results in my favor. Fine Trade only paid $18 to ship (they claimed at the Post Office a weight of 1.4 lbs less than the actual shipping weight) & claimed that I wanted expedited shipping, which I did not. During my research I found that many vendors use the same systematic method for ripping off customers. Since One Click customers don't receive an immediate detailed rundown of costs on the confirmation page, the customer using a PO Box remains unaware that amazingly high shipping fees will be added.

Simply Right is another company using similar slight-of-hand methods. Shame on them all!

Review about: Members Mark Adult Washcloth Tissues.

Reason of review: Shipping fee.

I liked: Product price.

I didn't like: Shipping cost.

Comments