Schertz, Texas
5.0

It doesn't matter if you returned rental book on time or not. I returned the rental text book to Apex_media on time, and what happened?

They charged the full book price next week and they sent to me e-mail the book was binding damaged. It was perfect condition when i returned the book because I just used mid and final test. I got the refund from Amazon customer support the same day, but 8 day later I got the book from Apex_media, and the book was completely binding damaged. I can't believe how the book was damaged " looks like tear up by hand".

I called the Amazon customer service and got answer" just throw it away or donate it to library", but still cannot believe them.

Never rent book from Apex_media under Amazon.com. I have rented text books last 4 years, it never happened this circumstance.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Amazon Pros: Customer service.

Comments

This is exact situation just happened to me with the same seller. I WAS CHARGED $172 WHEN I COULD HAVE PURCHASED BRAND NEW FROM AMAZON FOR $60.

Don't rent book from Apex_media

I've just had a terrible experience with this seller. I rented a workbook from them, then found out I needed to buy it.

They sent me a used book, which was fine, but they wanted to charge me nearly twice the cost of the same book new to buy it out. When I tried to contact them through Amazon, I got a reply from another company, saying they were not Apex_Media. They did not seem at all concerned that they were apparently getting messages intended for another party however. Fortunately Amazon will refund me the rental price, if I have to return it and buy another.

From reading these comments I will be vigilant when returning the books I rented from them, they will not be charging me their rip off prices for books that were sent to me already used. I wish Amazon would do something about them though.

I just had the same issue. Thank you Amazon for doing the right thing and refunding the money that APEX_MEDIA tried stealing from me. Crooks!!

DO NOT RENT FROM APEX_MEDIA THROUGH AMAZON. IT IS CHEAPER BUT THEY WILL CHARGE YOU FOR THE BOOK AFTER.

EVEN IF THEY ACKNOWLEDGE THE BOOK IS USED THEY WILL TELL YOU THE BOOK IS NOT RETURNABLE. I WAS CHARGED $120 WHEN I COULD HAVE PURCHASED BRAND NEW FROM AMAZON FOR $47.

This is exact situation just happened to me with the same seller. Thankfully, Amazon customer service is great but they won't be able to afford such good service for long if they keep having to cover for this scummy company.