State: District Of Columbia City: Washington Clear all filters (13 of 2402 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Amazon review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Overpriced

Update by user Jun 08, 2011

Where I say $138, it should say $138 more.

Original review posted by user Jun 08, 2011

I just purchased a Canon PowerShot SX130 IS Digital Camera for $191 from Amazon and Fingerhut list the same Camera for $329. That is a 72% mark up on the same product. If you don't believe me do the math or have someone who can do the math for you. Here is the website http://www.best-price.com/product/canon-powershot-sx130-is-digital-camera/101677493/1/ I got the information off of. However, Fingerhut does not use the exact name as the others Canon 12MP/12X Zoom Digital Camera, but on close up it is the exact same as what I ordered. I do not understand why Fingerhut's prices are so much higher. It does not make sense. I know we live in a capitalist country and if people will pay that price then it is not a crime to charge, in my opinion if I owned a company, I would have good ethics and keep my prices fair. I don't care how big my company is, I would not try and over charge people for products, that in this case they find $138 cheaper. So people if you have access, go to a website that will give a comparison of prices and pick the best price. I do not know how a company could stay in business, somehow, someway people are not forced to use Fingerhut, but have no other option. That is the only reason I could see someone paying $138 for the same product.

Anytime you buy anything off the internet that cost more than a cheap meal best to check several sites before placing the order. Amazon retail prices are also wildly inflated.

No idea why. They had Mountain House camp food listed as retail for $44., sale priced 78% discount which if I recall correctly, was about $11 for their 4/person breakfast meal. A check at the Mountain House website the same was RETAIL priced at about $9, so you are actually paying more than retail. I contacted the Amazon seller and they said "they didn't notice".

Same for other items such as fishing equipment but those retail prices are harder to verify. Just bought a pair of name brand tennis shoes. The exact same pair was RETAIL priced three different places on Amazon and varied by $20 although the sale prices were within about $6. It makes shopping at Amazon confusing.

A buyer may think they got a better deal with a jacked up retail price, than an honest sellers pricing.

If Amazon wants to maintain it's integrity simple errors like this should not be ignored.

They can change it but they don't. Walmart or Amazon it is getting all the same now-a-days.

This is a complaint against Fingerhut which is so very expensive. Why is it listed as a complaint against Amazon?

You must have read the price of a seller on Amazon, as Amazon sells it for the price you paid.

when it comes to fingerhut the catch is you can make montlhy payments but they over charged on all of their products which is why the camera cost that much more.

View more comments (3)
Product
Amazon Website

Amazon review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Lies and Deceit

This not a normal complaint. This is to complain about a company employed by Amazon. Staff Management lured us to Campbellsville, Ky. on the promise of employment only to turn us away at their doors. We moved from PA. to KY. My husband left his children behind in hopes of being able to pay child support and to help them better from here. We were told as soon as we get here that we would have work and that we should call right away. We called the day after we arrived and set up for an orientaion. We went to orientation and did all their paperwork. We passed their drug tests and then we were told we will call you when a job comes available. Now what happened to the jobs that they said were promised to us. What happened ???? Now my husband is depressed and is very upset that this has happened. he might go to jail for not paying child support. All this because of lies and deceit.

I work for staff managment in kansas and I like the job but there's no reason for all of u to be mean to this woman obviously this is very disaapointing and I'm sure she wouldn't waste time by blasting staff managment she's trying to be nice and warn other ppl. Every1 have a merry xmas!

Well I work at Amazon through Staff Managment I was also promised the job and I got it!! Did you call them back?

Everyone I have seen apply has gotten the job...you know there is also a backgroung check also right?? looking for anothe job would have been kind of smart but why move to another state to work a job that pays 10.00 an hr to know you will be laid off anyway?

@Rkki

In Vancouver when Amazon opened the operation Staff Management did the hiring process, they promise jobs they trained the people and guess what? they lay off many people after two months, they lay people off and in the meantime they were recruiting new associates, that company is a fraud.

The supervisors in the Vancouver site they were trained in Nazi system, no respects to the worker at all, specially in the producction line, lots of problems with theirs systems and the workers struggle to meet their demands, that is a company-proslavery.

It is a shame, on top of that they cut the hours all the time and they give lay off without notice. No respect at all, don wait your time, find a job with a different company.

WTF who in their right mind relocates PRIOR to having the job??? Better start looking for something in KY... NOW!!!!

View more comments (3)
Review

Do not sell on amazon unless u do not need money until Next year!

i sold a unit on amazons site. The first bad thing is, there is no contact number. you have to put your information in and have someone from amazon call you. when i called i was told i had to wait 3weeks for a check since i did not want direct deposit. every time i call, the amazon service people repeat the same message, "they will contact the selling dept., and i will receive a check within a few weeks. Well, it has now been four going on 5 months, still no check! and still the same messge from amazons service people. Amazon is a huge company, it shouldn't take a year for a check less than $100

Why don't you come out of the stone ages and use direct deposit instead of asking the company to make special arrangements to pay you since you don't find it necessary to follow the norms of the e-commerce world to get paid?

What you consider the first bad thing is leaps and bounds better than any other service I've ever used. Where else has this service?

I want to talk to someone at Amazon so I put in my phone number and get a call back from a human being in less than 30 seconds, and you say this is a bad thing?!

What's wrong with you? The self entitled shouldn't be selling anyway.