Verified Reviewer

Update by user Nov 30, 2021

A secretary called me from Headquarters, left a message about reviewing lowering the Prime Membership rate for seniors, but said nothing about the Delivery fee.I called the number when I got home and got a voice mail, so I left a message thanking her that the membership for seniors would be reviewed while reminding her that she did not address the delivery fee issue. I requested another call to speak about it, but it's been more than two weeks and no one has called.Also, my letter was sent to the North Atlantic Regional Manager of Whole Foods Market, Whole Foods Headquarters, and several local Store managers and none of them bothered to reply to me.

Original review posted by user Oct 25, 2021

I am an Amazon Prime member paying $12.99 per month. I rarely order stuff online using Amazon.

I rarely watch Prime Videos. So, much of my use of my Prime membership has been ordering groceries from Whole Foods Market.

Now, as of Today, I'm being told that Whole Foods is imposing a $9.95 Delivery fee ON TOP OF THE $12.99 I pay every month if I want to continue receiving groceries. WHY is there this need to continue pilfering the people?

I am retired, on a fixed income, trying to each healthy, and avoid this pandemic and I feel as if I'm being pickpocketed...again. AmazonPrime has special rates for college students who probably use most of the services, whereas for Older Americans on fixed incomes we are offered no special rates/discounts, and now another staggering increase.

For some reason my area doesn't have Amazon Fresh, so I can't even turn to that.

Please DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS......There was no reason for them to impose this delivery fee. I was told at one time that even though West Hartford, CT had two Whole Food Stores, only one of them was providing groceries to my area. That store was slated to be closed as they were opening a new store down the road in the next town of Avon, CT.

Although that store is further away from my area, Whole Foods does have the other West Hartford Store and a store much closer in Glastonbury, CT which could (and should be) covering my area since they are much closer. So, there is no excuse.

Preferred solution: I want the Delivery Fee rescinded for people in my area..

Location: Rockville, Connecticut