Waitsfield,Vermont
3K views

Okay so since december 2015, i have been doing reviews for amz review trader with no issues, so i did the free trial of prime starting on Jan 24 2016, On feb 24th they took the $99 i authorized them to take for my prime membership, then a few hours later, i noticed all my reviews had been erased, so i contacted customer service, they said they would get it fixed within 48 hours, after 48 hours nothing had been done so i called again, again they said 48 hours, so after that i found the reviews team email...I emailed them, waited till tuesday afternoon and when i hadnt heard anything i called, while i was on the phone i got an email stating that they had taken away my reviewing privilages, because they though i was possibly manipulating the reviews(or something like that), and they wont show proof or even say where they thought it happened, maybe if they had let me know that they suspected something, i couldnt have proved to them i wasnt..SO for now im putting out there, they will just stop your reviewing privialges without ANY WARNING!!! What ever happened to 3 strikes and you out?? Or maybe at least one warning??

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Membership.

Comments

yeschick

me too! I own two businesses and spend a fair amount with them.

I just cancelled the bulk of my subscribe and save and I am filing complaints against them. I only review products I have personally used and have something to say.

I’m in the same boat. Thousands of dollars spent and I only review products I’m genuinely excited about.

Banned for something I said somewhere. No idea what or where, but I’ve always been courteous and honest.

Amazon disagrees. I’m livid.

Yes, I was banned too. I have always been respectful and honest.

They took all my reviews also. Finally after I complained, they unbanned me.

I decided to delete my account. I do not like that they would ban me due to a movie or product that I expressed disapproval.

This happened to me also twice now for no obvious reason given. The first time, I contacted Amazon support via chat and they renewed my "privileges" within a week or so.

Now it's happened again and I contacted their support chat again. I have no idea why or what "community policy" I violated as I have not left that many reviews, nor used vulgar language or been overly critical. I thought maybe I'd let it go this time because it's not worth it, but it actually is worth it.

I am a customer, and I use reviews to base my purchase decisions on, and I deserve to have my opinion heard as well if they are not able to provide any reason or warning prior to banning someone. Ridiculous.

MAD IS A VERY GENTLE WORD FOR HOW I FEEL TO JUST FIND OUT I ALSO LOST ALL MY REVIEWS THAT I HAVE WRITTEN FOR YEARS. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT REVIEW THEY DID NOT LIKE AND IT IS THEIR OBLIGATION TO INFORM THE CUSTOMER WHICH ONE THEY DID NOT LIKE IN ORDER TO DO SOMETHING SO DRASTIC.

I AM NOT GOING TO LIE IN MY REVIEWS AND IF A SELLER DESERVES A BAD REVIEW I WILL GIVE IT. I SPEND AND HAVE SPENT THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON AMAZON AND ALSO PUT UP WITH CONSTANT LATE DELIVERIES AND POORLY DELIVERED ITEMS EVERY WEEK. AMAZON HERE IN LOS ANGELES HAVE DECIDED TO HIRE ANYONE THAT WILL DO DELIVERIES. MANY TIMES I HAVE WOMEN AND KIDS PULL UP IN MY DRIVE WAY AND ALSO MANY DELIVERY PEOPLE THAT JUST THROW MY PACKAGES OVER MY TEN FOOT GATE RIGHT ONTO MY CONCRETE.

THEY THREW A BRAND NEW SEWING MACHINE RIGHT ONTO THE CONCRETE. OR THEY JUST PUT MY PACKAGES RIGHT IN THE OPEN FOR ANYONE TO STEAL.

SO I INTEND ON WRITING AND CALLING AMAZON WITH A HOW DARE YOU. THIS COMPANY HAS GOTTEN SO HUGE THEY CAN CARELESS ABOUT LOSING CUSTOMERS.

to Linda Baggs #1598322

I'm in the same boat as you. I think about what I write before I write it.

I was also banned no idea why my reviews were always honest. Does anyone know if his is a permanent ban or if it goes away after some time?

to Lauren Ross #1565305

It doesnt go away unless you contact them. This happened to me too many times for legitimate reviews and it takes weeks to get my ban removed after i contact them.

to Lauren Ross #1597317

If you strongly complain, they will unban you. But what's strange, they won't tell you the reason.

You have a right to know why.

They did me that way and I was furious. Decided to delete my account.

to Lauren Ross #1598323

I was just told my ban was permanent. I cancelled the bulk of my subscribe and save and I am filing complaints against them. I am looking for a class action lawsuit to join.

Add me to this list too. Amazon cannot take any criticism or negative reciews for falsifying the products as advertised vs what is delivered...

Ive only ever written one review ever and I was banned. I ordered eight spark plugs and for some reason the seller split up the order into four different deliveries, which ended up taking three weeks.

Delivery was free so it ended up costing the seller alot more to send four different orders.

It made no sense so my review was a little judgemental. WTF Amazon?

Add me to the the just-got-banned-and-don't-know-why list as well. I have no clue which review I wrote that they think I am biased.

Been a long time customer. So no more reviews to give.

Time saved on my side, and too bad for customers possibly buying items, that are really not worth it. I am going to be more careful looking at product reviews and even look outside of Amazon to make sure I am getting merchandise worth my money.

I just recieved the email telling me I was banned, a generic form letter with no proof that I EVER WROTE A BIASED REVIEW! Stunned does not begin to cover how i feel, to be so WRONGLY accused of something i did not do, and then for Amazon not to show me what review they are talking about. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2172361856380727&id=2167429196873993

Add me to the just-got-banned-and-don't-know-why list. Same as many of you - just a regular Amazon customer, going back to 2001.

Prime member since I don't know when, probably since they first offered it. Kindle Unlimited, Cloud, Subscribe&Save, going about as far back as those go as well. Was never a top reviewer in any category. Never got a product for free or discounted for a review.

Did get bugged via Amazon Marketplace email for reviews, and once got annoyed enough at being bugged for a review (for an extension cord...) that my review read: "Seller begs for a review, so here goes. It's an extension cord. It has a male 3-prong plug on one end, and 3 female 3-prong plugs on the other. It carries electricity from one end to the other.

It's like magic!" I figured most people would read that as sarcastically as it was intended, but maybe not. Past that, though, I have no idea what review I've left that would appear fake. Nothing in my purchase history would appear questionable, and if I 'know' any seller on Amazon personally, I am unaware of it (meaning; if one of my Facebook friends from grade school sells on Amazon or something, they haven't told me about it nor asked me to buy anything from them). I've used very few gift cards over the entire time I've been on Amazon, and most of those were tied to recognized award programs (bank card, survey participation, etc).

I have to wonder if they have any idea how many solid customers they are risking losing, in their quest to retain the trust of solid customers? I feel like I've just been accused, tried and found guilty without ever knowing exactly what crime I've committed was.

And I'm definitely re-thinking how much business I want to do with a company that feels I'm a violator of their ToS. They've got me for Kindle ebooks, I can't transfer that elsewhere - but these days that is the least of the business I do with them.

to Melita #1537999

I have started a Facebook page, and it looks like there are thousands of people banned erroneously because Amazon has decided they have written a biased review. Please share if interested. Thanks https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2172361856380727&id=2167429196873993

to Melita #1597321

I feel just like you. I will be deleting my account this month due to their arrogant unfair treatment.

The exact same thing just happened to me about a week or so ago. I was honestly flabbergasted to be honest.

I have never ever wrote a biased review, I'm just a regular lady, married,have a dog,work part time as a paralegal, and out of the absolute blue I was blocked from leaving reviews. I chatted with a csr. The first time and was told it would be 24 hours. I wasnt worried, I've always had great customer service with amazon.

Honestly when I didn't hear back I was surprised so I went through chat again with the same random answer, only the techs can fix it. I emailed again and again and again. I just wanted to know why, you know, just a explanation of what I did wrong no response. Then I accidently emailed customer service last night from my work email address and was emailed back within an hour.

I am still so confused. I have left many reviews, usually for books and I'm definitely not biased and now all of my reviews are gone too. I'm actually thinking this might be a great class action suit against amazon. I work with attorneys every day I've screenshoted every thing and I'm keeping everything.

I am going to save this thread and do some research and will post again with info. It is bs that I spend thousands and thousands of dollars on amazon. And they can take something away from me with no explanation. I'm definitely not just taking this lying down!

I will keep you all posted.

I'm going to try and find out how many of us are out there that they've done this to. But I'm not just forgetting about this

to BarbaraF #1547002

This just happened to me yesterday. I had 160 reviews deleted for no reason.

I spent a lot of time trying to help the Amazon community, because I depended on other's reviews before purchasing products for my family. I took pride in my reviews, and started to make sure I added pictures when possible, because I realized that seeing product pictures before purchasing was something I looked for, and I wanted to give that back to the community. I spent thousands of dollars a year with Amazon, because I do almost 90% of my family's shopping online, because it's been hard for me to get out to stores since my car accident a few years ago. I've never received anything from anyone for a review.

No money, no products. I thought Amazon wanted honest reviews, and for people to care about their profiles since they automatically give you one.

It's just so sickening that so much time, and effort can be taken away for no reason. It seems like they are losing more honest reviewers than anything else.

This has just happened to me, and I don’t know why. Been a Prime customer forever.

Buy £££££ every year. Read c. 3 books a week via Kindle Unlimited. Have never taken an incentive to review/change review - been offered, but both times refused.

Had a tiff with a rep c. 10 days ago, and boom, I’m now blacklisted from reviewing. Initially, I was annoyed, but now I’m not. If the reps are going to abuse their ‘power’ like this, it is only a matter of time before Amazon implodes, so it’s all good.

Secondly, I only ever reviewed when I loved or hated something. It was a bit of a chore, but I considered myself part of the Amazon community, and did it; now, I’m free! I was a die-hard Amazon customer, but since my blacklisting, I have been shopping around, and saving money.

I will continue to buy from Amazon for as long as it suits me, but where before, I loved Amazon, and usually only shopped elsewhere if the product wasn’t on Amazon, I am now a “free agent” lol. It’s all good.