2.9

Arm and Hammer Curtain Fresh Odor Neutralizing Sheer Curtain Panel, 120 Inches, White was listed in Amazon.com on 4/7/2017 with guaranteed delivery date of 4/11/2017 for Prime members.I ordered 6 of them as my wife wanted them before a party on 4/15/2017.

I placed my order on 4/7/2017. Till 4/10, I did not get any shipping update. Checked with Amazon on 4/11/2017 and found out that they do not have the inventory. They are listing the product under Prime with a delivery date without having the product in their inventory.

Customer service informed that they do not have expected date when the order will be fulfilled and advised me if I need the product earlier, I can select the same product from another vendor in Amazon at a higher price.This is an unethical approach by the customer service to sell, so I cancel the order.

Review about: Amazon Shipping Service.

Reason of review: False delivery promise and uneatical customer service.

Preferred solution: Their customer service needs to be ethical and should not try to upsale.

I liked: Range of products, Refund and exchange.

I didn't like: False delivery promise, Inept and unethical customer service.

Had an Experience with Amazon?

Comments

There is nothing unethical about this. They don't have the product in stock (and yes it sounds like an inventory glitch since they didn't know that right away) and they're letting you know that if you want to get it right away you'll have to order it elsewhere. Amazon is not "directing" you to a more expensive vendor and there is no benefit to them in any case.

to Anonymous Milford, Massachusetts, United States #1315056

Dear Anonymous,

First of all I am prime member and entitled for 2 day shipping.The listing clearly states guaranteed delivery on 4/11/2017 for Prime members.

If there is no inventory, then why it was listed for delivery by 4/11/2017. Are you an agent of Amazon and know something that we don't know. Is not this deceptive to customer promise something that you cannot deliver.

I am into healthcare and if i do the same in my healthcare delivery to you .........how will you feel.