Chicago, Illinois

I’ve been an avid Amazon shopper forever so I’m shocked they clearly don’t want my business.

Last Fall the chip in my credit card malfunctioned and needed to be replaced. My bank promptly sent me a new card with my same account number but a different expiration date. When I tried to use the new card with the new expiration date I was immediately locked me out of my Amazon account.

I have had 4 calls to customer service. The language barrier just added to my frustration. I explained the problem with each new customer service rep. They couldn’t “verify” my identity because their credit card info on file didn’t match mine. No kidding, that’s why I called. The only way they would “unlock” my account was for me to tell them when and what my last FIVE orders were to verify I was who I said I was. I have no flipping clue about my order history and I can’t check because I can’t access my account. So, no resolution was reached. Unbelievable I now regret all the business I’ve given them over the years.

The silver lining....I found what I needed in Walmart website. It was cheaper and shipped to my local store so no shipping charges.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Account.

Comments