Verified Reviewer

I can't login, and the authentication code is being sent to an old phone number that no longer exists. My old number was 419-380-2449.

Your site is not giving me an option to send it to my email, or to receive a phone call for the code. I found this email address only by researching on pissedconsumer.com. I recently reinstalled windows, which is may explain why it's not recognizing my information. I called the 800-280-4431 number, which is the only number I could find for amazon.

The recording offered me several different "special offer" advertisements. I tried not hitting any numbers first, and it finally said "hang up now", then disconnected. I tried hitting # to reject all the advertisements, and it did the same thing. I tried saying the word "representative" when the recording paused; same result.

I tried pressing zero repeatedly; same result. I cannot contact chat support because I cannot login. I am an amazon prime subscriber and order from your company all the time.

The only solution I could come up with to contact customer support in any manner would be to use a friend's account, and I doubt that amazon would allow changing information in someone else's account. I am very upset about this and would like this resolved ASAP.

User's recommendation: avoid amazon at all costs!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Customer Care.

Preferred solution: have more than one way to verify identity & fix phone system.

Amazon Pros: Great selection of products.

Amazon Cons: No customer support.

Comments