State: California City: Los Angeles Clear all filters (31 of 2402 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Amazon is holding my money and profiting off it while I suffer

To begin, I will give my background and experience with Amazon.com and then I will state my complaint. I have selling on Amazon.com for over 2 years now, selling mainly, but not limited to, cellphones, for the majority of the time under the seller name, "cheapcellphones." I get my product mainly through friends and family who want to sell their phones, and I check everything to make sure they work perfectly first and then I will list the product on Amazon. I have had no issues with selling and if a customer asks for a refund and has a valid reason then I will grant it to them no further questions asked, but then when something out of my control happened, and customers asked me cancel transactions, I did. And how I was rewarded by Amazon was them suspending my selling privileges 3 different times! They had no valid reason for doing so and I was forced to spend many long hours e-mailing them, in hopes they would reinstate my selling privileges, as this was my only source of income at the specific time period. Amazon would take incredibly long periods of time in responding to my e-mails, and all the while they had put all of my funds on hold until the issue was resolved and I missed multiple bills and payments because Amazon had imprisoned all of my money. I finally had the issue resolved and had my account "privileges" reinstated 2 separate times. Now Amazon has targeted me once again and suspended my selling privileges permanently and put about $2,000 of my own money on hold for what they say will be 90 days, which after all the waiting I have already done, it should equal around 120 days. They say the reason for suspending my account is: 1) Buyers have received defective/faulty items. All sellers are responsible to ensure that orders shipped are fully functional/defect-free. 2) Some of your shipments may have been incomplete or missing items. Which is complete bull, as all of my products contain all items that were described to come with and all of my products are tested and in perfect working condition. Then they tell me I can appeal this action and submit a plan of the steps I will take to avoid these errors in the future, and I in fact wrote the plan and sent it to Amazon, to which they said I would receive a response in no later than 24 hours guaranteed, it has now been almost a week and I have never received a reply. On top of that I have read many articles and seen many other people in the same boat as me, who said they have had their funds placed on hold for over 100 days after the date of suspension. An example would be in this article by the Seattle Times, http://seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2020568463_amazonsellersuitxml.html in which they state that many people with this issue have sued Amazon because they have "arbitrarily withheld their payments" for longer than the given time period, which is what they have done to me. I am in fear that Amazon will hold my money for up to half a year or even worse never transfer my funds back to me. According to, California and Washington state bills, Assembly Bill No. 786 CHAPTER 533: "Existing law requires a licensee or its agent to forward all money received for transmission or give instructions committing equivalent money to the person designated by the customer within 10 days after receiving that money" And Amazon is in strict violation of this bill. I am willing to take legal action against Amazon if necessary and if they are not willing to comply with transferring MY funds back into MY bank account, where the funds belong. Also, By holding on to for the given time period, Amazon is able to invest this money in money market funds, marketable securities and other investments, and utilize my cash as working capital in the operation of its business, so they can profit, while I have to suffer.
Lolita

Why dont you try their support chat portal ? Here is the link to get instant support for refunds and returns from Amazon customer service https://goo.gl/RWPPCt

WE ALLLLLLWAYS PUT THE MONEY IN A INTREST BERING ACCOUNT. WHAT DO EXPECT????? :)

Amazon is not a source of income in my case but I sold some items on Amazon and luckily, everything went smooth. I've heard some cases similar to your case and Amazon really doesn't care about sellers.

They have no rights to hold the whole amount that the sellers have in their account. They only can hold the amount that is under dispute. I don't know why people are still using Amazon to sell items. Amazon takes more money for their commission compare to Ebay.

IMO, Ebay is a better place to sell items (3% for Paypal fee and probably around 7% for Ebay commission). The total fee is roughly 10% based on the final price. I don't know exactly how much Amazon will take for their commission but I'm pretty sure that it is higher than 10%.

Another important thing to consider, if anything goes wrong, Ebay will just hold the amount under dispute. I don't like both Amazon and Ebay, but when it comes to selling, I would pick Ebay.

Amazon review in Los Angeles, California: Never got my watch or refund

i ordered a watch via amazon. Delivery address was a freight forwarder where i was supposed to collect it. They sent it via ups, then usps (without a signature confirmation) upon delivery. The tracker says "delivered", the freight forward never received it. They even sent a letter to amazon to assist with the refund efforts to confirm the non receipt of the watch. Certified watch Co does not answer my emails, they said that they cannot locate the watch and filed an insurance claim. it's 3 months later and NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Their Shipping policy on the site says- watches require a signature. USPS said the method of shipment that was selected did not require a signature! None of the parties involved give a *** as long as the delivery tracker says "delivered"...........so i'm just the pissed off consumer now!
Lolita

I understand that if a buyer has more than four returns/refunds Amazon A-Z guarantee is not honored.

I have been using Amazon for half a dozen years.

I could of easily complained multiple times but never bothered, and I got some real *** in the past that seemingly were obvious to Amazon. Another frustration, repeatedly sellers will send me something different than what is advertised because they don't read the description carefully before listing.

Both these issues could easily be resolved by Amazon by asking EVERY seller to verify the retail price on the listing is accurate prior to the listing being put in. The A-Z guarantee returns/refunds of course is going to be high if Amazon chooses to not demand sellers be forthright.

At the same time buyers should be realistic and know that Amazon is a mega business and generally customer complaints are not being heard. To an Amazon buyer my advise "*** sent costing you under $25 just eat the loss and don't buy anything costing more than $100 from Amazon."

Don't assume anything about Amazon. It is a mega company on the stock exchange. As long as they make a profit on a sale that is their highest priority. Read this site post and others.

One person offered tracking means nothing cause seller know how to beat the system.

Another post reported a man was waiting a car part with tracking which later the seller admitted they didn't even stock.

To many sellers are getting postage/tracking on the Internet. I knew some of my Amazon orders were arriving well past the last delivery date but didn't care enough to complain. After the car part posting started to follow packages. A large lightweight item that previously ordered regularly coming from California in less than three days in the past received an emailed to say it was shipped. According to tracking it didn't leave the city until seven days later, then sat in a town 200 miles away for another three days (checked Mapquest to verify the distance). Then there was a gap of over three days in tracking - this is now just short of 2 weeks after it was 'shipped'. It arrived 3 days past the last day provided. Don't want to make any accusation but for so many Amazon Geeks not to be recognizing they are ROUTINELY providing false information to customers about their purchase delivery is hard to believe. They have to be jerking us around.

Got an education on Amazon operations after ordering a popular high ticket item that can be purchased in any electronics store. An Amazon seller listed it at a price well above the manufacturers price with the promise of bonus items - no specifications. I took a chance cause the seller had excellent reviews. Something completely different arrived at the doorstep and no mention of 'bonus' nor did the packing slip made no mention of what I ordered. Upon contacting the seller he had no idea of what he was selling and after multiple emails where the seller was obviously a bully contacted A -Z guarantee. I got my money back HOWEVER A - Z it should of been obvious this guy was forwarding his orders from his east coast location to a warehouse on the west coast. This seller not only didn't know his stock he didn't even know what the size or weights of the items he was selling.

Summary you now know if the item is important to you buy it elsewhere. Amazon pretense to be monitors its company operations is obvious a joke. As long as Amazon makes money for it's investors that's good enough.

Review
#451915 Review #451915 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Amazon 2 day shipping my ***

OK- well here’s a new spin on Amazon’s delivery system. I’m a Prime member- supposed to get my item in two days. Come to find out Fed Ex delivers to USPS, then USPS puts it out on delivery. Unfortunately the tracking number stops when Fed Ex delivers to USPS. 8 days later, I’m still waiting. How *** is that??!! There’s no way an item is going to get delivered in two days using Fed Ex and mail courier. It’s like flying super sonic and right before landing going into frame-by-frame slo mo. You know why Amazon is so concerned about delivery and packaging? (they are constantly asking for feedback) It’s because they keep cutting it back to save money at the expense of quality. They want to know when people start screaming, then they know they went too far. Start screaming people!

i have never had a package from them come late. usually they come earlier than expected. from my online experiences usps has the fastest shipping and has almost always delivered the package to me earlier than expected

Not a Prime Member but noticed similar within the last few months. Ordered from Amazon, initially was given a tracking number.

After several days past when it's arrival was expected reviewed the tracking information. It was sent via DHL delivery service, however the tracking site indicated DHL took it only so far then it was transferred to the US Postal Service where it sat at least 72 hours about 250 miles from my home, finally delivered to my house about 14 days after the item was first ordered. It was delivered by the mailman. I live in an urban area.

I know I can ship DHL from my town. Don't know if I can receive it but I know I used to see DHL driving in the County any. Obvious it cuts cost for the shipper and no big deal but Amazon should be more transparent.

I have learned from my Amazon experiences that some of Amazons highest rated sellers wait until a certain amount of orders come in before shipping them out cause they get better rates on large shipments - although they charge every Amazon seller the same for shipping and handling.

Again, Amazon if you want to keep a loyal Buyer why not just be forthright? What's wrong with honesty?

Yes, I just realized it. This beats the purpose of being a Prime member.

Now it appears it will take a minimum of 4 business days to receive your orders, but it might take longer since USPS could just drop you a pickup notice instead of delivering your orders. I will definitely quit Prime if they continue this kind of *** delivery service!

Tags
  • Prime Member

Amazon review in Los Angeles, California: Worse Service and dishonest company

Rented a Chemistry textbook and thought I made a good deal since other book rentals were more expensive so I figured I give this new Amazon Apex service rental. I returned my book 3 weeks before its due date, followed all its instructions with packaging, got an invoice from post office(receipt) and am now going over a month and a half of disputes because Apex claims that they have not received the book and kept charging me an extention and now the purchase price. Which defeated the whole purpose of being a rental especially now that I don't even have the book. Worse company after reading others reviews. I hope these people get sued for fraud. Stay away from them.
Lolita

Hey did you ever get everything figured out?

Same thing happened to me.Rented a Psychology book.Returned it in perfect condition, since I never used it. Sent it back on time. ,now I got my ban account taped for $180.01 for a book that I returned.This company sucks.

Amazon review in Los Angeles, California: Motorcycle parts

Ordered Progressive shocks for my Honda motorcycle from Powersport Superstore thru Amazon.com.. Got parts for a Harley Davidson in spite of the website part applicability listing and my preshipping email confirmation of make and model.. Return is impossible since contacting the seller prior to return is required and emails as well as phone messages are not returned. If you want the right part, go directly to a reputable seller, such as in my case Progressive Suspension. Although the seller reviews on Amazon seem to be favorable, anf the seller tauts customer satisfaction, I have not received any response whatsoever for two days and only the manufacturer and wholesale supplier actually answer their phone.

Amazon review in Los Angeles, California: OnTrac s off track

OnTrac can't seem to find my apartment building office. They try to deliver when I'm not home (guess what - I WORK!) to my apartment, and when I'm not home (during the day, when they try to deliver), they just leave. No note "we tried to deliver", no dropping off at the office (which is SO FAR away - almost 30 feet!), nothing! They just leave. Did these people just get in to the delivery business? UPS, USPS, FedEx, they all seem to know what to do, why can't OnTrac figure it out? I won't purchase from Amazon if they continue using this carrier.
Loss
I got email from Seller Performance Team Amazon.com stating: View notification header Jan 23, 2013 (6 days ago) Hello from Amazon. We are writing because it has come to our attention that you may be diverting Amazon.com buyers to another website or sales process. Per...

They have my account in review for over $20K. They told me at first that it would take 30 days and then when I tried to contact them again they got angry and sent me a letter saying it will take 45 days now. Amazon is a joke!!

Product
Amazon Account
Loss
A consumer decided they didn't want the merchandise they purchase and claimed it was the wrong item so amazon refunded them their money, but unfortunately the wouldn't force them to return the supposedly wrong merchandise, so in essence they assisted the buyer...
Arlethia

Looks like your records are very organized and well documented. I had a recent similar situation.

I don't know what's going on with Amazon, but you are not alone. There are a LOT of folks who are getting merchandise stolen from them with Amazon's assistance.

Report them to the Better Business Bureau. It takes about ten minutes to file a claim.

The more reports like this the better business bureau receives, the bigger a message it sends that we will not be screwed over by these thieves formerly known as Amazon.com. Theft is a crime. Do not take it lying down. Report them.

You've made a VERY WELL documented case.

Product
Amazon Account

Amazon Sucks

I just spent 4 hours trying to get through to Amazons *** customer service center. All I wanted to do was cancel an order I had just placed 2 minutes prior. Finally after reaching an operator in who knows what country I am told that they will attempt to contact the MFG. of the product I was purchasing and that my credit card would be credited with 10 business days!!! Serious. It takes 1 second to charge a card and 10 days to refund it. I am so pissed right now! I will never order anything from this *** company again. Please reply if you have had the same experience.

GEMM.com is a really good alternative to Amazon's Marketplace. Check it out..

Amazon Shipping Antics

On 2/29/2012, I purchased a 1TB external hard drive as a birthday gift from Amazon. I know that it takes time to ship, especially between the US and Canada. I was not going to do it unless it could arrive on time. I paid extra for expedited international shipping. the delivery window was 3/6-3/11 which was great because my friends bday is on 3/11. The estimate shipping date was 3/8/12 until. I kept checking it because my friend had to arrange for someone to be at the house to accept the package. Towards the end of the day 3/8/12... no package, so I checked and the date had been change to a week later. I contacted Amazon and they tried to tell... oh it was that all along. b.s. and then they tried to tell that the delivery window was 3/13/12-3/19/12. double b.s. Cancel the order? sure... when you get it, we'll send a label, and you can send it back and then we'll refund you on our sweet time. Meanwhile, I'm out the money to get my best friend a bday present on bday. I'm going to feel like heal. He doesn't care, but I do. I will never do business with Amazon again. This b.s. business practice is not me "misunderstanding" their shipping estimates. I know that they have their windows. I allowed plenty of room for being on the outside edge of their shipping window, but this practice of "oh no... it was really such and such a date ... that's just plain outright deceitful". Never again.