3.9

I was eligible for free shipping on this product. But, they estimated 5-8 days for free shipping.

Since I wanted it sooner, I selected 2 day shipping which added $10.57 in shipping charges. When I got the order confirmation email, it said the product was estimated to arrive on Jan 16...that was even longer than the estimate for free shipping!! So I called customer service. I learned that my product was out of stock until Jan 13th.

There was no mention of this out of stock situation when I placed the order and had I not been concerned about the delay in delivery, I would not have even realized that I was paying $10.57 for nothing. By some miraculous situation, however, the customer service agent was able to remove the shipping charge and promise to deliver on Jan 12. How is this possible I asked myself, if the product was out of stock until Jan 13? Well, when I asked the agent, she said they had "some" in stock, but only for those requesting 1 day shipment (and who were willing to pay for it, of course.) I object to the practice of reserving stock for 1 day shipping purchasers even if a 2 day shipping purchaser is first to purchase it.

Further, I object to Amazon's accepting a 2 day purchaser having to pay for 2 day shipping and then only be subjected to a delay due to a supposed "out of stock" situation. This without even giving the purchaser a heads up so they could take the option of changing the shipping speed to the "free" category for which they've already qualified on this order. All in all it disappoints me since I felt for many years that Amazon was fair even if a bit pricier than other online stores.

I like concentrating all my purchases through Amazon, but now I feel I have to "beware" as a buyer, even with Amazon. Sad...very sad.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Amazon Pros: Ease of checkout.

Amazon Cons: Shipping policy, Deceptive delivery time.

• Amazon Bait and Switch
  • Amazon Shipping

Comments

Amazon generally lists when M item is out of stock, in my experience. It's crazy that they reserve some stock for those who pay for one day shipping