Denver, Colorado
3.3K views

I've spent thousands of dollars on Amazon over the years. I have never had any reviews rejected until now.

I was able to put negative PRODUCT reviews, but if the item was sold directly from Amazon and I had a bad experience with them, I was not allowed to publish the experience. I was honest, I told that they were lowering the price of an item I was buying in bulk by a couple dollars or so right after the purchase of it. When fearing that I would not have enough of the product for future use, I bought it again very soon after the first purchase, only to find that again, right after I purchased the product they lowered the price by over $2.00 per box of this product that goes for almost $30 a box. And I was buying several at a time.

When I discovered and caught them price gauging consistently and called them out on it, they rejected my review and refused to publish it, sending me a link to their guidelines.

I read all the guidelines and I didn't use any profanity or use links outside Amazon, nothing. I just told my honest experience and they declare they welcome HONEST reviews but they don't.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

I've just had a similar experience with amazon rejecting my positive review of a product. That item, heavy candle holders, were individually packaged very well.

Amazon placed that package inside a much larger box with other items I had ordered with NO PACKAGING.

The other items arrived crushed. Now ordering from Walmart more and more, and even more Now.

They stopped me from posting 2 negative reviews on sellers they sponsor. I ordered 300 NFL cards that said in the description "at least 300 NFL cards" that came with 260 NFL cards and 40 college cards.

I left a review saying they did not send me what I paid for and the description was wrong. They refused to let me post it. I also ordered Kirkland (costco brand) contact solution only to find out 2 days later that the seller is buying it from Costco and selling it for double the price, so I mentioned that in the review and not only did the review get rejected but they wouldn't let me further comment on the product at all.

This should be illegal. They should not be able to filter people from leaving negative reviews just because it will hurt amazon supported sellers.

Just so you know, price gouging is RAISING the price after a lot has been bought, not lowering it.

Lyriq

Apparently they scan for key words and if they find them - you are blacklisted from leaving ANY further reviews for that item. I tried to review an item where the seller determined the item was used if it was removed from the package.(It was a blanket) It was tagged because I used the word "package". Amazon would never let me change it to different wording such as "encasement item came in" or create a new review for that item.

I no longer trust any of Amazon's reviews and have been doing business with Walmart instead since they allow all reviews so you know what you are getting - not just cherry picked reviews and they don't charge a membership fee!

Same experience here..

Amazon only cares and protects its business partners, not customers..

Totally agree. Just had a very similar experience with Amazon and was directed to the same legalize explanation page.

Amazon doesn't allow mention of price,packaging,ordering or customer service mentioned in reviews. All of those things go elsewhere.

I have left hundreds of reviews and am listed in the top 1000 reviewers and have written plenty of negative reviews. You are simply wrong that Amazon doesn't allow negatives

@Sabrina

That's not necessarily true....I wrote "Again, this item didn't arrive on schedule" and it wasn't posted.

@Sabrina

This is untrue. I wrote a review describing the cheaply made inflatable seat in the swing I ordered and they would not post it either.

No verbal attacking or profanity. Just a straight up criticism of of the product and warranty/replacement issues and I was sent an e-mail with their terms and told twice it would not be posted.

I contacted them about a better price i found on echo gen 2. Amozon was selling for 79.99 i found it fot 59.99.

They told me they dont price match.

For now on shop for best prices like i did bought 2 for 59.99. I guess they got so big they dont need my purchased

After buying on Amazon since their early days, I finally told them, Hasta la vista, Amazon. Cancel my account.

In 2015 I purchased a top of the line drone though Amazon and it arrived in a cardboard box that was twice the size of the actual retail package and the chimpanzee who packed it at Amazon stuck one small wad of brown paper inside. By the time my multi-thousand dollar drone arrived, it looked like an elephant had kicked it all the way from the “fulfillment center” in California to Texas.

Then, it seems every package arrived the same way, and since Amazon sells almost exclusively cheap and poorly made stuff from China, most of my goods that were electronic arrived DOA.

The last straw was an awning I bought that arrived broken. The product would not hold together even if it had arrived in pristine condition and as an engineer, I decided to title my review “Gone With The Wind.” I submitted photos and my review was refused twice.

I think Jeff Bezos needs to spend less time firing rockets and more time firing Amazon employees, and he needs to come down to earth and realize customers like me are fleeing a sinking ship like rats because he considers his customers nothing more than vermin.

@Luke Warm

It happened to me just yesterday I received my order that I desperately neeed for my pet well I open the box the liquids were everywhere I couldn’t figure out why so I take the product out of box it’s wrapped in some plastic turns out no lid ? Really no lid I was like are we serious here I been Prime member for awhile spend thousands and thousands of $$ abd they treat customers like this I called took pictures all they could say sorry here’s your money pack I said no I need this they’d wgy I ordered it to come today well Mame we can’t get you another one it comes from third party seller so take 2 days get I’m like no I need it so I’m having drive 30 min one way go to pets store now so I go online took pictures didn’t say any bad language just what inconvenience for me at this time of night was 7:00 pm I’m gavibg drive to get same products but of course more money now I’m out because some one didn’t put lid on a container!

Do I got my email this morning from Amazon saying I didn’t do their guidelines?? Yes I did you just refused to publish it cause I’m letting other consumer know !

I had the same experience!!! I've bought thousands of dollars worth of products from Amsxon over the years and I've wrote.

Many reviews. Never had one rejected until today. My review does not fall outside of the guidelines in any way. I actually gave item a 5 star rating based on product quality alone.

It does however mention the insane price increase compared to a brick and mortar store - his is mentioned in the headline as well. I guess Amazon didn't like that :/

UPDATE 05/20/15: I'm the person that posted the original posting of this and wanted to let everyone know that I went through many phone calls to Amazon's customer service, explaining the issue, getting the run around and then eventually laid it out one last time with yet another customer service agent on the phone and told them that I wanted my review published because it was honest about the experience I had with them raising the price consistently on an item in an auction bid style and I love the product but that people should be aware of the price gauging.

Here is what happened. I got an email back finally from Amazon's Customer Service saying, "I've re-evaluated your Customer Review and our previous response.

I'm sorry that the review was removed when it didn't fall outside of our posted guidelines.

Your review was activated."

I was provided a link to view my review online and GUESS WHAT??

It was posted alright, but it says 0 of 1 PEOPLE FOUND THIS REVIEW HELPFUL.

So you see how they like to mess with you?? You present your case to them, they say okay, we'll post your review, and then we'll thumbs it down so it counts against you when others read it and people will dismiss your review.

@Anonymous

Yep, Amazon is shady as he//. I just posted a review about a pair of shoes that went up $50 in price when I tried to exchange them, and got an email immediately saying that my review could not be posted, with a copy of their guidelines.

My review, like yours, was honest feedback, and no part of my review violated their guidelines.

I have spent thousands at Amazon over the years as well, and feel disrespected as a loyal customer. It is also disappointing to know that Amazon is such a dishonest company, especially when it comes to price gouging and not wanting anyone to know or talk about it.

#971983

I tried to write a review regarding amazon increasing a price of over 100 percent on an item that I had in my cart to purchase and I immediately received an email my review would not be published. even though it was the truth, since I had copied the item and the price previously.