Denver, Colorado
3K views

I've spent thousands of dollars on Amazon over the years. I have never had any reviews rejected until now.

I was able to put negative PRODUCT reviews, but if the item was sold directly from Amazon and I had a bad experience with them, I was not allowed to publish the experience. I was honest, I told that they were lowering the price of an item I was buying in bulk by a couple dollars or so right after the purchase of it. When fearing that I would not have enough of the product for future use, I bought it again very soon after the first purchase, only to find that again, right after I purchased the product they lowered the price by over $2.00 per box of this product that goes for almost $30 a box. And I was buying several at a time.

When I discovered and caught them price gauging consistently and called them out on it, they rejected my review and refused to publish it, sending me a link to their guidelines.

I read all the guidelines and I didn't use any profanity or use links outside Amazon, nothing. I just told my honest experience and they declare they welcome HONEST reviews but they don't.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

I bought an $8 coffee mug that came with a coupon offering $10 for a five star review. I posted a photo of the offering and my review quickly rose to the second highest upvoted review despite Amazon trying to hide it.

Then Amazon deleted the review, dropped my ranking back 1500 places, and refused to let me write another review for that product. This is the third time they have done this.

I bought a pillow that was from China - bad enough - but they had put it in a small package to try and pay less shipping and it damaged it. I finally got the money back, but wanted to warn any other customers to not have to go through what we did.

They said the review did not meet their requirement and would not post it.

So much for being HONEST on Amazon. Thought they only needed to worry about FAKE reviews.

they did the same thing to me- shame on you Amazon so disappointing

That’s what I’ve discovered. I just received an order of Oregano Oil capsules and there was no seal.

I counted the number of capsules, 87, instead of the stated 90. I strongly feel the bottle had been returned and then sent to me. This is what I posted: CHECK THE NUMBER OF CAPSULES IN BOTTLE Just received this order. No seal on the bottle.

Due to suspicions about the count of a previously ordered supplement, I’ve been counting supplement bottle contents. This bottle is 3 capsules short...only 87, not 90 as stated on the bottle. I believe this bottle was returned and then sent to me! Product link: Mortar and Pestle Herbs Oil of...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XTG4GSS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share They have removed the customer service email address I had saved and used for a few years to directly contact customer service with complaints, including complaints about refused reviews.

My review IS ABOUT THE PRODUCT! Wish someone with integrity would start a new competing online store so I can ditch the greedy censors...may ditch them anyway.

Had same thing happened to me. Amazon won’t let me post reviews bcz I by exclusively on prime and they started sending me wrong items (bate and switch technique) as soon as I posted low ratings review I was banned permanently from any comments even asking questions!

I was writing a negative review about the bed bugs that was delivered to my home but Amazon prime from the memory foam mattress that I bought and they denied me of writing that review

UnbecomingBoykinSpaniel613

I have had several experiences lately with Amazon rejecting negative reviews on products purchased from them. One was on a product that was packaged really badly/stupidly and it leaked all in the inside of the box.

When I posted a polite review about my experience, they rejected it. There are some products I can't buy on Amazon any longer because of really packaging! Another issue was a purchase of a name brand product, but I was it was not authentic.

I know that because the packaging was different. The product was not sealed as it is when you buy directly from the brand name website.message here

MistyMongrel139

I tried to put negative review, which is trueful, took money but never received the item, seller didn't even reply to email, putting what really happened, Amazon won't put review on, which is disgraceful

@MistyMongrel139

Yeah, Amazon has a policy that you can only complain about the seller in their seller feedback, and not in the product review. I can kind of see their point since anyone reading your product review wouldn't know which one of the sellers had the issue, but it would sure be nice to be able to share which are the best sellers to buy the item from!

I had Same experience with their blink cameras. No customer service and they rejected my honest objective but negative review. Weird.

Just ripped me off, then rejected the review.

Amazon is worse than Walmart. I rarely buy anything on Amazon anymore.

I have had the same experience! If you complain about a product, in which Amazon doesn't have to take responsabilty, they will publish the review almost immediately.

However, if you review a product and the issue falls on Amazon, i.e.

their lack of customer service, they will reject it and state you violated their review guidelines. It's companies like these that are making me go back to the good old days of driving to a store and shopping like I used to.

@Anonymous

If you like the ease of shopping on Amazon but not Amazon service or company itself, just buy from one of the other sellers on the listing. If the other seller does their own shipping I find the service is often better.

Yes, buying from the independant seller might be a little more expensive, but that's because they pay huge fees to Amazon. I think that little extra is worth getting the better service and being able to actually contact the seller if an issue comes up.

Amazon will not allow negative reviews of the Amazon photos service either and their prints are horrible.

I'll chime in here, too. Yes, I believe that Amazon is engaging in unjust censorship.

I first noticed it years ago, like maybe 2010 or 2011.

Since then, I very rarely post reviews. These days it seems like the big behemoth online businesses (Amazon, Ebay) do whatever they can to squelch honest, open feedback.

Same experience here. Anytime I try to post a review that is critical or alerts others of the same item having a lower price elsewhere Amazon rejects my review.

@Anonymous

Yeah, they do block giving identifying information. Often if you use a sellers name or price they remove the entire review (often it has nothing to do with the negative info). If you leave out those details your product review is more likely to get posted.

Oh c'mon kids...It takes time for reviews to pop up. I reviewed something on December 26th.

Didn't get a message about it showing up until late last week. I reckon they have to sift through reviews that are nothing but smack down based on nothing, political conversations, spam, and just plain BravaSierra. So....What did I do after posting, I went on with life and didn't spend the last couple of months popping in and out looking for my comment as the obviously lifeless do here. Judging by the banal and lame whining I see here, it's no wonder your post is slow to show...If at all.

P.S. Other reviews have begun to show up as well.

P.P.S. Get a life please...

@Anonymous

Hey loser, we're talking about reviews getting flat out rejected for no reason, not about having to wait for it to appear. You"r notified right away if it's rejected, dipsh!t.

P.S.S.S. you're an idiot.