Charleston, South Carolina

When I proceeded to the checkout to order an appliance part, a pop-up asked if I wanted to join Amazon Smile. I read the info about it and thought, sure, I'll do it. I signed up and continued with my order.

Somehow, when I was redirected to the Amazon Smile site, the order was processed twice and I received two of the items. To return one, it will cost me a 20% re-stocking fee, postage, plus now I have to pay the original shipping cost (it was free when I placed the order, but since I'm returning it, they want me to cover their shipping cost). So it's going to cost me $25 to return a $50 item when a bug in the Amazon Smile re-direct duplicated the order.

The Amazon A-to-z Guarantee Program doesn't cover it, because I received the item and there was nothing wrong with it. I told them that I understood that the merchant hadn't done anything wrong, but neither had I. I asked them to forward my email to whatever department would handle a problem caused by a bug in their website. They refused; they just kept reiterating that the merchant has agreed to accept the return and I'll just have to eat any associated costs.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Website.

• Amazon Smile

Comments

This is the reason I stopped spending 1000.00 a month with amazon they have computer issue and they will not resolve them.