3.1
Turnaround Time

I'm just writing this review here as Amazon itself does not really have an option to hear it on their own website. I order with Amazon increasingly sparingly because I do not like the way that they lie about their items' delivery time, even if you are an Amazon Prime member with supposedly fast shipping.

Last Christmas, I ordered an item on December 19th as a last minute present for an office worker who I would not see again after the 22nd. I knew that it was very last minute and a busy delivery season, so I limited my search to items that were guaranteed to be delivered by the 21st.

The item I finally ordered had a guaranteed arrival day by the 21st and so I purchased the item. I spent the next few days tracking the item as it sat in the warehouse. The item was finally shipped on the 21st, the exact same date on which it was supposed to arrive, and yet still Amazon claimed it would be delivered by 8 PM. It held tightly to this hopeful claim until 8:01 PM when I received a cheerful 'my bad' message saying it could be several days late and if I didn't hear back in a week to get a hold of them. As a consequence, the coworker had to get his gift late after all of the others had been delivered.

I understand that there are sometimes hiccups in delivery, but the fact that something is guaranteed to arrive on a certain date and is only shipped out shortly before it is supposed to arrive is not acceptable. If a company does not know exactly when a package will arrive it should give you a delivery window, not a guaranteed delivery date as you might make arrangements to receive the package and have an expectation that you will have it in time if you have a hard deadline. If I had known that they wouldn't actually bother to ship my gift in time, I could have made different choices with a different company that was more honest about its delivery times and given the gift late without the expectation and stress of worrying about it arriving on time.

Fast forward to today. I've made an order again, this time on the 26th of November with a guaranteed delivery of tonight, the 29th. Naturally, despite the fact that it was ordered on the 26th, the package was only shipped yesterday and, surprise surprise, has been delayed again. This has happened to 2 out of 4 of my last orders. The only reason I am not tearing my hair out again is because this wasn't an order for which I had a hard deadline. It used to be like clockwork that you could expect an order on time from Amazon, but now the cogwheels in the clock are all gummed up with too much cash and too little oomph. Buyer beware of fraudulent delivery claims.

Product or Service Mentioned: Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Amazon to not deliberately mislead in advertising delivery times it has no intention of adhering to..

I didn't like: False advertising of delivery times.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 29.

Comments

I have never had any issues with my deliveries from Amazon. the only way to get 'Guaranteed delivery" is to go to the store and buy an item in person.

When it comes to shipping, last minute, near the holiday's, you risk the chance of not getting an item on time, b/c people that work at the warehouses are human, and the delivery companies, they are human as well. quit being so entitled, when all you have to do is walk out your front door.

there is a whole world that has stores you can actually walk into and buy an item and know it will be given as a gift on time. Merry Christmas Scrooge!

We are shipping out an attempt to care. Guaranteed delivery will be tomorrow.

to Amazon Corporate #1606679

This package still has not been received and appears to be lost in the mail. To its credit, this time, Amazon has provided a refund for the order (sadly one part of the order was not available for replacement, so that was not an option).