Verified Reviewer

1.5

I tried to do a purchase through Amazon and had billing problems because I applied for and store card. I was approved for the store card but for only part of the order so I changed the way of payment to my debit card.

Amazon put my account on hold for suspicious activity and demanded that I give the a copy of a billing statement for the Amazon store card to prove ownership. This is a new card so there is no billing statement. I've tried to explain this several times and even called the bank to see about getting one. They said the same thing, I will not get one until card is used.

Now I just want my account with Amazon closed and even then they told me I have to send them a billing statement jut to close my account. Amazon has no one who you can talk too except for a bunch of untrained individuals who arent managers. Managers will not assist you.

Im very upset and will not purchase anything else from Amazon. Shame because I thought high of them prior to this and was doing my Christmas shopping through them.

User's recommendation: don't expect professional customer service.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Amazon Pros: Excellent products, Good variety of products.

Amazon Cons: Poor customer service on resolving issues, Customer service ineffective.

Comments