225 views

Sometime in late 2017, I purchased something from Amazon. Shortly after I noticed an charge for nearly $80 for a Prime Membership, which I know I did not request.

When I purchased the item, I remember seeing that I would have a 30 day free Prime membership. There didn't appear to be anyway to not include the "free" membership, so I thought nothing of it at the time. I realize now that they are tricking customers into paying for something they do not want. As I had no way to choose NOT to have the 30 free membership, I don't know how they get away with charging me to continue on something I never chose to have in the first place.

I'm not sure how this is even legal. I'm a careful internet user and I was scammed, because they had my credit card information.

The worst part is that the membership is basically useless because I live in Canada.

I cannot watch any of the shows I want on Prime and the free shipping doesn't apply on most items. Completely useless.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Prime Membership.

Reason of review: they stole money from me.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Nashly

They do most definitely steal, I had prime through my phone provider. I changed plans and no longer had prime so I purchased one membership.

I got charged for 2 memberships within a week. I had just enough in my account to get lunch at work but when i went and my card was declined i was extreamly confused as to what happened, I checked my account and seen amazon prime come out AGAIN less than 3 days since the last one. They apologized for the "inconvenience" of the flat out theft and informed me it would be back in the account in 3-5 business days.

So I went the day without eating because amazon can't keep their hands off of people's money then refuse to put it right back in my account. I have to wait for money that was already mine and wasn't owed to anyone.