4.8

I drift. Travel cross country, here in US. I’ve ordered from Amazon for a few years, and, honestly, I was thrilled with their service. And, to a degree, I guess I still am.

BUT... lol... BUT....

While placing my mist recent order, back in November/December 2018, I encountered a frustrating situation. The agents: great. Really like em’! They’ve always been professional, courteous, don’t sound like they’re reading straight from a script. Typically, I’ll crash in a house, motel, whatever, for a week or two, so gett8ng my orders has never been a problem. But, this last order, something came up, and I was going to be on the road for a few days, no address. But, I knew I’d be in Vinita, OK soon, so I figured I’d just Place my order, gave it sent to the Vinita post office via “general delivery,” problem solved.

Oh, how wrong I was.

After about 30 minutes, two customer service reps, and one manager, I realized that:

A. I’ve gotten old.

or...

B. Either I, or those agents, have lost our minds, because not one of them had the slightest idea what “general delivery” was.

Eventually, we were all on the same page, and I soon realized that this was simply not something Amazon was willing to do. I’m sure it’s because they get the cheapest shipping they can find, and, I get it. But, I’d be willing to pay the difference. Double? Triple? Sure... I’d pay it. It’s VERY VERY infrequently that I’d need to use “general delivery,” but, being a drifter and LITERALLY walking cross country, it is something I could use from time to time.

Kind of a bummer. I know about the lockers, but, again, WALKING CROSS COUNTRY... LOL... I’m not super psyched to walk 200, 300 miles off course, just to pick up a new pair of Fjallraven pants! LOL... BUT... all-in-all, not bad, I suppose. But, I will say, that Amazon looses out on about $300 to $500 a year, simply because I’ve started trying to be better at anticipating any travel-related problems, and either ordering from another company, or the manufacturer directly.

Not that much for Amazon, but again, I’d gladly pay a CONSIDERABLY higher shipping cost, if they’d just get my orders to me. Frustrating.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Amazon Pros: Agents, Fast delivery.

Amazon Cons: No good delivery options for people living on the road.

• No General Delivery Sucks