Milford, Delaware

I'm a seller and someone ordered a laptop for $653.49 on Feb 12, 2013 from me on Amazon. It was sent to a home residence in Miami, FL and delivered by Fed Ex.

There was a tracking number, which proved the parcel was left on his side doorstep. Three weeks later, buyer contacts me several times and claims the item was never delivered, though he had the tracking number. He charged back the laptop on Amazon on March 13th and Amazon gave him a prompt refund. Amazon has done this before, screwing over sellers however they can.

A buyer disputed the price of a cell phone so Amazon let him have a free phone at my expense. When I started selling in the fall, Amazon suspended my account for 3 months and held onto $3200 of my funds for no reason. I am taking legal action if this is not resolved.

I filed complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Washington State BBB.

Comments

Check this and see if you and other sellers can help us prop.

Amazon.com is an excellent sales service for intelligent retail sellers. Perhaps you are better suited for EBay.

@Stuffy2

You make a good ***.

Do NOT blame Amazon. I have ordered many items over the years and have only had one item end up at someone else's resident.

The problem is with the FedEx. I know this because I have stayed home waiting for a delivery so I could sign for it only to have them leave it at the door not even bothering to ring the bell or knock. I live on a busy corner and anyone can just walk up and take it since my front door is visible from every direction. I am always annoyed when they leave packages at my door without ringing the bell or knocking so I can sign for them and bring them inside.

Just a few years ago they ALWAYS had you sign for the delivery but now they are in such a rush they drop it by the door and run to the truck...literally I have witnessed this on several deliveries to my home. The only item I had to have the seller re-send was because it was delivered to another person in another state this was confirmed by USPS and I was never sure if it was the seller's error or United States Postal Service's, but they had the name and address of the person that received the tracking number that I was given. I truly believe your issue with actually with FedEx and NOT Amazon. I'm curious as to name your business is under with Amazon.

When it comes to electronics I am wary of purchasing online I made that mistake with all4cellular they sold me a used blue-tooth (Jabra) the packing and instruction were missing the bud protector's gone, they did not replace it with a new one and the used one they sent me is still in the box in a drawer because it would never charge. I like Amazon and will always do business with them because they always do right by the customer which is why when I order something from Amazon I make sure they are the seller.

@Anonymous

I have been doing customer support for pretty good size Amazon store for about a year now I find your statement to be absolutely incorrect. People usually start with negative feedback or contact seller directly to notify items that are not received but tracking says otherwise, most of them are thieves.

At least 95% of them are. What I do is to have them to open to A-to-Z claim and most of them refuse to do that as they hate to leave any trail so they can exploit this flaw in Amazon again and again. What they want is either have their money back or have seller re-ship the item so they end up with two for one or return for refund later if they choose to do so. We have 4-5 e-mails with "where is my package" but we have about 2,3 A-to-Z claims.

What happens with A-to-Z? If I have proof(USPS tracking in my case), Amazon always funds the claim so no loss on my side and Amazon only allows customers to have their money back 5 times. According to Amazon seller support, when customer habitually abuses A-to-Z, their account can be removed. Amazon does not care if you make money or being subjected to scams or not.

U.S.

government has to stop this abusive company from exploiting sellers. In my book, Amazon sucks big time.

@A seller

I meant to say we receive 4-5 e-mails with "where is my package" daily but we have about 2,3 A-to-Z claims /month.

@A seller

To A Seller, Can you tell me if the seller has to notify Amazon they suspect a scam or does the five times rule always apply? This week after over a year with Amazon as a seller and only five star ratings and never a problem, I had someone want to return something.

Their reason was obviously false, then without any contact from me, they provided a second reason which was also false and completely different reason than the first. It is my gut inclination to think they expected me to just give it to them but I kindly emailed the buyer should return it and a full refund will immediately be issued. Now they appear to have decided to keep the item but I have had no further contact with them to know either way. Should the item be returned .

. will Amazon put this buyer on their watch list and/or will this return be one of the five rule?

Orma

Dear Milford, DE:

I can sympathize with your anger, but FedEx and UPS do screw up. I had a package that should have been delivered to my home address but was, instead, delivered to my neighbor's house! I noticed a box on their back step and asked them if I could examine it. Sure enough, UPS screwed up! The package was mine!

On another instance FedEx delivered a large item to the wrong address across the street. FedEx backed up their screw-up and reimbursed the seller.

Maybe the laptop was stolen ... who knows?

I've had my own issues with amazon. I have only returned one item in the entire time I've been an amazon customer. The seller extracted a 20% restocking fee for an item that weighs no more than two ounces. I think that is an excessive restocking fee for something that takes all of one minute to put back on the shelf (restocking fee of $35)!

The seller refused to return the restocking fee, and amazon backed the seller (even though one amazon CS rep agreed with me that the fee was excessive).

I just closed my amazon account permanently after 18 years!

@Orma

GREAT. THEY TREAT SELLERS UNFAIRLY INCLUDING MYSELF AND YOU LITERALLY DONT HAVE A VOICE WITH THEIR CS DEPT.

I CAN ONLY HOPE THIS ALL BECOMES FRONT PAGE NEWS ONE DAY AND THEY WILL BE FORCED OUT OF BUSINESS AND HAVE THEM WAIT SIX TO NINE MONTHS FOR THEIR LAST PAY LIKE THEY TREAT SELLERS AFTER THEY UNFAIRLY CLOSE THEIR ACCOUNT FOR HUNDREDS OF RIDICULOUS REASONS.

HOPE MANY OTHERS READ THIS AND ALSO CLOSE THEIR ACCOUNTS ALSO.