Alamosa, Colorado
Resolved
2.0
Turnaround Time

I ordered a wind turbine from a 3rd. party seller through Amazon. The wind turbine didn't work. I contacted the seller for a refund, The seller, SteamSun, tried to make every excuse possible Not to refund my money, First they said, "You must use Multimeter in order to work." What? I'm an electrician, A Multimeter is an instrument for measurement, It doesn't control anything. After a couple of attempts to get SteamSun to authorize a refund, I contacted Amazon's A to Z Guarantee program. Amazon replied, "It's been over thirty days since the purchase, Case closed."

Only after I had filed complaints with the California State Attorney General, (SteamSun is in Ca.) and the Washington State Attorney General, (For Amazon), did any positive things start to happen. SteamSun emailed to me, a return address and return authorization number. I sent the wind turbine back via UPS with a tracking number. I tracked it, they received it. But NO refund. They said, "It may take 30 days to show on credit statement." Except I used my VISA debit card. Debit card refunds are instantaneous.

Now I'm not getting any communication from SteamSun or Amazon. I've lost $240.99

I am seriously considering taking Amazon to a small claims court.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Customer Care.

Amazon Pros: Quick delivery.

Amazon Cons: Customer service, No customer service.

Comments