AMAZON PRIME MEMBERSHIP is not what I asked for

66 of 1104 Amazon reviews

I was charged $99.00 for a service I DID NOT ask for nor approve.

2 days ago I came upon a Year Old charge for $99.00 for Amazon Prime. I never approved this purchase.

One email with my complaint to Amazon cleared it up within 24 hours. My bank account was refunded the amount of $99.00. Good and Thank you.

BUT today I see I am once again being congratulated for opening an Amazon Prime Account for $99.00! I took care of it right away, but I'm being reimbursed only $91.08 (for something I did not order!)

Why does Amazon.com keep assuming I want this service? They just billed me for it after I made a purchase of a small ukulele. It makes no sense.

Do I need to just not make anymore purchases from one of my favorite companies? Please stop doing this.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Amazon Prime Membership
Review category
Auctions and Internet Stores
review #953428

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Amazon? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
66 of 1104 Amazon reviews

Nov 23, 2016 #1245004 Washington, District Of Columbia, United States

I have had the same thing happen . I rejected the free prime offer
and was still charged for a Prime membership and was not aware of the charge until 11 months later . I do my shopping at Eaby and it free shipping there and does not requires any fee . Called Amazon this week and Customer service says the $99.00 will be refunded and then will remove my cards form their files .

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.