I am a busy mother of six-year-old twins.I intended to purchase three Amazon Gift Cards for $60 each for three upcoming children's birthday parties.
I wrongly purchased three Amazon Instant Video Gift Cards for $60 each instead. They were purchased at Ralph's Supermarket in Agoura Hills on Saturday, April 16th at noon. I caught this mistake within 15 minutes of purchase and contacted Amazon.com's customer service. I was told to return the Instant Video Gift Cards to Ralph's where they were purchased.
Ralph's store manager refused to refund my money saying that the cards were now activated and that all sales of gift cards are final. I then contacted Amazon.com to explain that Ralph's refused to refund my purchase. The cards are unused and I have the PIN numbers on the back of each card. I asked if these Amazon Instant Video Gift Cards could be cancelled and then exchanged for regular Amazon Gift Cards, or for a credit to my Amazon.com account.
I was told that they would "check" and respond within 48 hours. I received an email from Amazon.com's customer service (on Sunday, April 17th) stating that nothing could be done since the Amazon Instant Video Gift Cards were not purchased directly from Amazon.com. I then called Amazon.com's customer service this morning, Monday, April 18th, and asked to speak with a manager. I calmly and politely explained my situation.
The manager stated that I needed to go back to Ralph's. He hung up on me after saying "there is nothing we can do." This is unfair, as this is an Amazon.com product. I have not used the product (i.e., 3 Amazon Instant Video Gift Cards) and would like to return or exchange it. Nether Ralph's nor Amazon.com will honor a refund, return, or exchange.
I have always been so happy with Amazon's service and am very surprised by this situation.Please help me and thank you for your time!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "i purchased a Simplehuman butterfly lid step trashcan for $120+ ,I bought when we was renovating our kitchen to have it when we was done. so i had the can..."
- "I have been a loyal customer of Amazon since 2002. In the beginning they were a customer oriented company. Since 2006 I have noticed that this is changing,..."
- "I purchased a micromax x088 mobile from amazon. The product was faulty - poor reception and transmission. I requested for replacement. The product was replaced at zero cost. The replaced..."
- "I was contacted by phone from an independent Century Link Representative wanting to know who my current carrier was and what I was paying for my plan. I told him..."
- "i purchase my recliner in 1/2014 @ Sanford FL store. One recliner i bought off the floor as is.No problem with that one .The other three had to be made..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "I am a Auto Repair in So Cal. I have been in business since 1954 so I knowm my way around I needed AS 6.5 diesel short block there wasn't..."
- "I was running cat 5e cable for Carls jr in Cypress, ca when standing on ladder fishing cable in ceiling when in front of witnesses the ladder came apart and..."
- "We applied an epoxy protective coating to the floor of an art studio and spent considerable phone time with the company getting all the instructions and list of products to..."