I am a busy mother of six-year-old twins.I intended to purchase three Amazon Gift Cards for $60 each for three upcoming children's birthday parties.
I wrongly purchased three Amazon Instant Video Gift Cards for $60 each instead. They were purchased at Ralph's Supermarket in Agoura Hills on Saturday, April 16th at noon. I caught this mistake within 15 minutes of purchase and contacted Amazon.com's customer service. I was told to return the Instant Video Gift Cards to Ralph's where they were purchased.
Ralph's store manager refused to refund my money saying that the cards were now activated and that all sales of gift cards are final. I then contacted Amazon.com to explain that Ralph's refused to refund my purchase. The cards are unused and I have the PIN numbers on the back of each card. I asked if these Amazon Instant Video Gift Cards could be cancelled and then exchanged for regular Amazon Gift Cards, or for a credit to my Amazon.com account.
I was told that they would "check" and respond within 48 hours. I received an email from Amazon.com's customer service (on Sunday, April 17th) stating that nothing could be done since the Amazon Instant Video Gift Cards were not purchased directly from Amazon.com. I then called Amazon.com's customer service this morning, Monday, April 18th, and asked to speak with a manager. I calmly and politely explained my situation.
The manager stated that I needed to go back to Ralph's. He hung up on me after saying "there is nothing we can do." This is unfair, as this is an Amazon.com product. I have not used the product (i.e., 3 Amazon Instant Video Gift Cards) and would like to return or exchange it. Nether Ralph's nor Amazon.com will honor a refund, return, or exchange.
I have always been so happy with Amazon's service and am very surprised by this situation.Please help me and thank you for your time!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I have resorted to online complaints because Amazon refused to post my warning to customers. Amazon's Miss Beauty storefront is selling a counterfeit of the US Patented Fullips product..."
- "Amazon is a Fake company. A road side Panipuri waala in India is more Trustworthy than amazon is. Serious Allegations - Amazon and Sellers Misguided me and make a fool out..."
- " Due to publisher's mistake, book printed missing about a dozen illustrations were circulated before the problem was discovered by author who presented a perfect and complete MS..."
- "I started with Hair Club on November 1st 2014 and I was so excited and here it is 7 months later and I am so disappointed I'm unhappy, frustrated..."
- "hello! my name is iqunelda white. i am a new proud parent of a now 7 month old baby girl! in October of 2009 i was contacted by a..."
- "I had a blackberry to be delivered to me coming from Canada and Yes, a signature was required, however, it was supposed to be my signature and I did Not..."
- "I now exactly what you mean' Jason Brewer is nothing but a big fat 2 faced liar!!! along with Nathan Hedges. I just can't believe the poor quality and carelessness..."
- "I ordered a blueprint and what I got was a black and white copy of a "blueprint". It's blurry and not worth mounting much less displaying. You..."
- "Dear Sir I have been using all different types of your products for a long time now. However, today I had my worst experience with your Company. I bought Sally Hansen Ouch..."