I am a busy mother of six-year-old twins.I intended to purchase three Amazon Gift Cards for $60 each for three upcoming children's birthday parties.
I wrongly purchased three Amazon Instant Video Gift Cards for $60 each instead. They were purchased at Ralph's Supermarket in Agoura Hills on Saturday, April 16th at noon. I caught this mistake within 15 minutes of purchase and contacted Amazon.com's customer service. I was told to return the Instant Video Gift Cards to Ralph's where they were purchased.
Ralph's store manager refused to refund my money saying that the cards were now activated and that all sales of gift cards are final. I then contacted Amazon.com to explain that Ralph's refused to refund my purchase. The cards are unused and I have the PIN numbers on the back of each card. I asked if these Amazon Instant Video Gift Cards could be cancelled and then exchanged for regular Amazon Gift Cards, or for a credit to my Amazon.com account.
I was told that they would "check" and respond within 48 hours. I received an email from Amazon.com's customer service (on Sunday, April 17th) stating that nothing could be done since the Amazon Instant Video Gift Cards were not purchased directly from Amazon.com. I then called Amazon.com's customer service this morning, Monday, April 18th, and asked to speak with a manager. I calmly and politely explained my situation.
The manager stated that I needed to go back to Ralph's. He hung up on me after saying "there is nothing we can do." This is unfair, as this is an Amazon.com product. I have not used the product (i.e., 3 Amazon Instant Video Gift Cards) and would like to return or exchange it. Nether Ralph's nor Amazon.com will honor a refund, return, or exchange.
I have always been so happy with Amazon's service and am very surprised by this situation.Please help me and thank you for your time!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I have been a loyal customer of Amazon since 2002. In the beginning they were a customer oriented company. Since 2006 I have noticed that this is changing,..."
- "TO ROCKMOUNTAIN BOOKS AND AMAZON AS A SENIOR CITIZEN ON VERY LIMITED INCOME FROM NOW ON ALL OF MY CORRESPONSE WILL BE THROUGH THE AMAZON SITE. I TRIED TO SETTLE..."
- "I purchased a kindle fire 5th gen, it was new on the market and I wanted something new that will last awhile , BLAH HA HA HA , YEA RIGHT...."
- "On 01/17/15 I turned in 6 empty Mac containers in exchange for 2 products. I asked for particular colors however when I returned home I realized that the woman made..."
- "I sent Pella Corporation a Very Serious Letter of complaint by email back on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 because I had bought one of their Glass Screen Doors and was..."
- "If you are an investor, home buyer, landlord or a tenant it is clear from these online reviews you don't want to get tangled up with TR Realty or be..."
- "I have shown these pictures to Oak Grove rental office I have also had the office send these pictures to Morgan Properties also so that this problem can be handled...."
- "I bought a box of Suzy Qs and opened the package and got a weird chemical smell. I could barely choke down one ***, I threw the rest out and..."
- "Wolfgang Puck organic tomato bisque soup had a cockroach. Where is the quality control? This is pretty disgusting. The soups must be canned in China but I doubt in the..."