Amazon wrote me to demand that I pay them $50 to reimburse for a double credit issued to my credit card account. They did not provide any info to verify the original charge or that the credits had indeed been given. That email (the first contact I received on this issue) stated that my right to have orders processed had been suspended. After over 2.5 hours on the phone with about 7 different people I learned the following:

Amazon had allowed the fraudulent charge on a card that had been cancelled because it was hacked or, perhaps, they made a demand that I reimburse them for that charge after they knew the card had been hacked and the card cancelled.

My credit card company advised me that the 2nd credit was not true, that no 2nd credit had been issued to my credit card account.

2 Amazon customer service reps confirmed that my account was not placed on a hold, so the suspension on my account was a lie.

The lesson? I used to (perhaps naively) think everything Amazon and Wells Fargo did was accurate and covered by numerous safeguards. I now know that is not true.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 25.

Comments