I ordered a set of Cuff Daddy cufflinks from Amazon on August 29, 2016 for $39 along with few other things. On August 30, 2016 Amazon sent me an email that they shipped this particular item. Then two days after on September 1, 2016 amazon sent me another email stating "Unfortunately, we're unable to deliver your order. We're sorry for any inconvenience this causes. When something like this happens, we normally send out a replacement order. In this case, though, a replacement wasn't possible, so we've requested a full refund for your order. You'll see the refund apply to your original payment method within the next few days." Amazon did not give me any actual reason why they could not deliver this item. Then I went online to Amazon site and found that the price has increased from $39 to $49 in these two days and the cufflinks are still available if I would like make a new order. So I assumed Amazon could not deliver the item probably because the price has increased by $10. But since I placed the order before, the company (Amazon or Cuff-Daddy) should honor my purchase order as it's some sort of contract between me and the seller.
For me this was an extreme example of bad customer service. I look at a product holistically - product quality as well as the buying experience and after-sales service. Both Amazon and Cuff-Daddy miserably failed in these areas - that's why I gave this product a one star review when Amazon asked me on September 18, 2016 to review this item that they never supplied! When I delivered the review, after one day on September 19, 2016 Amazon told me that they can not post this review as it did not meet their guideline. How convenient! They simply wasted my time. (All the order screen shots are attached.)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "These are pictures of a hose reel assembled and used 1 time this month. Through Amazon from a company called IDeal under this name: Name: Xtreme Power Phone: 909-469-9600 Web: http://www.xpowerusa.com Because I didn't..."
- "The item NFL Denver Broncos 12 Ounce Wine Glass Set Condition: Used - Very Good - Item will come repackaged. Minor cosmetic imperfection on top, front or sides of item..."
- "I have been a loyal customer of Amazon since 2002. In the beginning they were a customer oriented company. Since 2006 I have noticed that this is changing,..."
- "TD is currently pushing a promotion whereby new customers who open an ifinity account get a new Samsung tablet (worth $300). I've been a loyal customer for close to 15..."
- "I purchased 4 bracelets from their online site on December 2 to give to my best friends as Christmas gifts. By December 12 I noticed my order had still not..."
- "Not only do they not honor their warranties, the worst customer service agent int he world, Melody (married or related to the owner...who else could work for these thieves but..."
- "I ordered this for a 5 year old child's birthday. The item arrived weeks later - nowhere did it disclose on the site that it was coming from CHINA by..."
- "Your company stinks...I will never ever buy another or recommend Alpine or any other trailer from you people. I waited and waited for our camper from the first week..."
- "UPS are a bunch of cheap crooks. As you can see by the attached photos. they deliberately trashed my order. Now reading the reviews, I can see that they are..."