I ordered a set of Cuff Daddy cufflinks from Amazon on August 29, 2016 for $39 along with few other things. On August 30, 2016 Amazon sent me an email that they shipped this particular item. Then two days after on September 1, 2016 amazon sent me another email stating "Unfortunately, we're unable to deliver your order. We're sorry for any inconvenience this causes. When something like this happens, we normally send out a replacement order. In this case, though, a replacement wasn't possible, so we've requested a full refund for your order. You'll see the refund apply to your original payment method within the next few days." Amazon did not give me any actual reason why they could not deliver this item. Then I went online to Amazon site and found that the price has increased from $39 to $49 in these two days and the cufflinks are still available if I would like make a new order. So I assumed Amazon could not deliver the item probably because the price has increased by $10. But since I placed the order before, the company (Amazon or Cuff-Daddy) should honor my purchase order as it's some sort of contract between me and the seller.
For me this was an extreme example of bad customer service. I look at a product holistically - product quality as well as the buying experience and after-sales service. Both Amazon and Cuff-Daddy miserably failed in these areas - that's why I gave this product a one star review when Amazon asked me on September 18, 2016 to review this item that they never supplied! When I delivered the review, after one day on September 19, 2016 Amazon told me that they can not post this review as it did not meet their guideline. How convenient! They simply wasted my time. (All the order screen shots are attached.)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Hi everyone! In the beginning of September my boyfriend pre-ordered a book from Amazon. This book was supposed to be my birthday present. Amazon sent him the tracking number and assured..."
- "I find it is very cheap, with coupon code, we can just offer about $6 for each one. Here are some code i offer and hope it will help you..."
- "Amazon took my money and failed to delivery the items in their listing. The listing clearly showed a 10 count box,(see screen shot), and they sent 1. I contacted Amazon..."
- "I signed up with bidtoro.com in July. Took a while to figure out how the bidding process works as mass bidding takes place within the last 5 minutes. After losing..."
- "My order # DM1283517 was made on September 18, 2016. It's November 14, 2016 and nothing has arrived. Should I give up hope? Should I warn others of this scam? Dealman, the merchant,..."
- "Owner, Charles Yeung (1 647 296 4721) Re: Cosy Nook, 210 Victoria Street (908), Toronto, ON M5B 2R3, Canada, admitted there was a problem and stated he would refund..."
- "I ordered a beautiful arrangement with a stand and a banner, I paid $108.92. What I received was wilted flowers, no banner and then when I called to complain, Avas..."
- "Having read the various comments below and realising that my experience is typical not unusual, I wonder why this company hasn't been sanctioned or actioned against. Perhaps a class action..."
- "On Nov 25 I tried to order a Waterville 2 times with no success Onthe 3rd try I had success. When I checked the order the at around 3:00pm on..."