3.3
Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

I purchased an expensive router, with Amazon as the supplier, with free shipping.I live in Southern, California, which is close to Amazon warehouses.

Shipping Details: Thursday August 10 2017 ordered item during night. Friday item not shipped - expected delivery date not shown. Saturday item not shipped. Tracking showed: Shipping date: Wednesday August 16.

'Expected' delivery date: August 17 to August 19. Item on hold from Friday August 11 to August 16. SIX DAYS ON HOLD!!! I investigated changing the order and delivery alternatives.

When reordering, there was an option for the item to be delivered SAME DAY for $9.98. I reordered the item (at 11:30 am Saturday) and cancelled the previous order. Item is now 'out for delivery' at 5:50 pm on Saturday. Obviously Amazon is deliberately holding orders to penalize customers for selecting free shipping, and encouraging customers to pay for 'expedited' shipping and/or encourage Amazon Prime.

Deliberately holding orders to make customers wait, so that Amazon can increase profit is deceptive (as they do not explain this when ordering), bad customer service, unethical, and manipulative. Suggestion: Use Amazon affiliates when ordering products, if prices and terms are comparable. Alternately use a more ethical alternate supplier, that cares more about their customers.

Do not get bullied into Amazon Prime for $10.99 /month or $99.00 /year.Purchase the subscription service only if you actually want it.

Review about: Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Had an Experience with Amazon?

Comments

Wait...you mean a company is out to make money?!When you choose a free shipping option, you are choosing to not have your item as quickly as someone who PAID to have their sooner.

Simple as that. I pay the $99/year and everything gets sent 2-day for free - never a problem. It's like going to Walmart and buying a $10 pair of jeans and complaining that you aren't getting Levis.

You get what you pay for.You want it quicker, anty up.

to Anonymous #1361346

there are a lot of different good companies that offer free 2 day shipping without paying for Prime, it's 2017 people, it should be free 2 day shipping