Albuquerque, New Mexico
2.7

Amazon colluded to defraud me of $1600.

I ordered a Seiko watch from Amazon a few weeks ago for about $1600. After looking at it, I decided I wanted to return it. It was unused, in the original packaging. I contacted my Amazon seller, and he refused the return, saying I was outside the return period.

I contacted Amazon, they researched the issue, and stated I was well within the return period of 30 days listed in the sellers Amazon store. The seller wrote again, and said to return the watch to an address he provided.

I shipped the watch last week (and took photos of the package), and it showed as delivered to the seller on Monday. I didn’t hear anything, wrote the seller asking the status of my return, and they finally wrote back on Tuesday night (36 hours later) saying they hadn’t received it.

Tracking showed it was delivered to their door, but the seller claimed he didn’t have it. Quite convenient, don't you think that my reluctant seller has the package "stolen" from his front door?

I contacted Amazon, and they once again researched the issue. Despite my providing a tracking number and photographs, they said “I had no proof” the item was returned to the seller.

They denied my claim. The seller won’t answer my phone calls or take my emails regarding any of this. As of now, I have to eat the $1600 loss, thanks Amazon!

I’ve filed a local police report as well as a chargeback with my bank.

Now, here’s the kicker: the watch I returned appeared on eBay one day later, as an auction from a seller 4 miles from where I returned the watch. Not only that, the watch I returned had a very specific defect – a misaligned minute counter hand – that is also clearly seen on the watch in the ebay auction.

I have proof the watch I returned is now for sale on eBay, from a seller very close by my Amazon seller. Also of note, the Amazon inventory and the eBay inventory overlap to a huge degree, though the seller names are different.

I provided this new information to both Amazon, the Amazon seller, and the police. Amazon couldn’t care less, the Amazon seller won’t reply to anything I send, and the police filed a report but no-one in the Texas police are willing to talk to me on the phone, they say I have to go through my local police, and the ABQ police are swamped. They may call me in a few weeks, if they get time.

Lesson: don’t trust Amazon or Amazon third-party sellers! I should have sent the package signature-required, but the seller sent *me * the package without a signature requirement, nor insurance. How was I to know this was going to some person’s house? The address looked like a business to me, and I didn’t think twice. Yep, that was my mistake, and one which Amazon intends to use to support a very shady seller on their site.

Anyway, Amazon couldn’t care less. They simply state time and again, I have no “proof” I returned the item. I’m out of luck there. Maybe my bank will have better luck on this, we’ll see.

• Amazon Guarantee Fraud

Comments

Did you receive your money back via chargeback? I hope so!

At this time Amazon.*** is trying to defraud me as well. Gladly the amount is not big, just $20. So Amazon.*** is so low that it will damage its reputation even for $20. How they do it?

They erased all data related to my current order and the merchandise I never received (honestly) and the claim as well! They replaced the data with some very old order of mine as if my last orders never existed.

What's even weirder, they sent their trolls to attack me. Now I know why consumers are no longer spending and the economy is in the *** department since around 2008.

It clearly states in the Return policy that buyers should ship expensive items back with insurance & signature confirmation:

"If the order is valued at $100 or more, insure the shipment for the value of the merchandise and ship your return with a signature shipping service. Items valued at over $75 must be returned to the seller with a trackable shipping service.

For items below $75, we suggest USPS delivery confirmation service.

If a package doesn't arrive and you don't use a trackable method to return or if you refuse the shipment as a method of return, we may not be able to cover you under the A-to-Z Guarantee."

Amazon cannot prove the seller received the item back, so, they cannot rule in your favor.

Amazon did not conspire against you. You took the risk of shipping an expensive item without signature confirmation or insurance.

It clearly states in Amazon's return policies that you should use signature confirmation delivery for returns of expensive items:

For items below $75, we suggest USPS delivery confirmation service.

If a package doesn't arrive and you don't use a trackable method to return or if you refuse the shipment as a method of return, we may not be able to cover you under the A-to-Z Guarantee"

Amazon cannot prove the seller received the item back, so therefore, they cannot rule in your favor.

Amazon did not conspire against you. You took the risk of shipping an expensive item without signature confirmation.