Amazon's search, filter and sorting tools do not produce accurate results. It appears as if items are presented out of order in order to favor certain manufacturers and/or suppliers over others. I have reported it to Amazon in the past and they have been able to reproduce my results but offered no explanation.
The example below is typical of the results I have found on other searches. It is NOT a onetime anomaly.
I entered "Smoke Detector" in the search field at Amazon.com
I then filtered by "Prime Eligible"
I then filtered by 4 stars or greater (reviews)
I then selected "Tools and Home Improvement" as the category
Finally I sorted by price, low to high.
The results were smoke detectors priced in the following order:
I can only conclude that Amazon is favoring certain manufacturers and/or suppliers over another and moving their products higher on the search/sort/filter results list.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Amazon Product Search
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I am a busy mother of six-year-old twins. I intended to purchase three Amazon Gift Cards for $60 each for three upcoming children's birthday parties. I wrongly purchased three Amazon..."
- "I bought 8 products from Amazon UK, 7 books and 1 phosphate test, in one week. Out of the 8 products bought from Amazon UK, 5 of the book were damaged..."
- "The item NFL Denver Broncos 12 Ounce Wine Glass Set Condition: Used - Very Good - Item will come repackaged. Minor cosmetic imperfection on top, front or sides of item..."
- "After owning for only 4 years now, we noticed that the bottom shelf of the cupboard over the couch is coming off. We then checked to see how it..."
- "This is the work of Appliances done right! They said they provided a 90 day warranty, but they will not come out and fix the issues I'm having. ..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."