Amazon.com search, filting and sorting results appear to be rigged.
Amazon's search, filter and sorting tools do not produce accurate results. It appears as if items are presented out of order in order to favor certain manufacturers and/or suppliers over others. I have reported it to Amazon in the past and they have been able to reproduce my results but offered no explanation.
The example below is typical of the results I have found on other searches. It is NOT a onetime anomaly.
I entered "Smoke Detector" in the search field at Amazon.com
I then filtered by "Prime Eligible"
I then filtered by 4 stars or greater (reviews)
I then selected "Tools and Home Improvement" as the category
Finally I sorted by price, low to high.
The results were smoke detectors priced in the following order:
I can only conclude that Amazon is favoring certain manufacturers and/or suppliers over another and moving their products higher on the search/sort/filter results list.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Amazon Product Search
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "Hi everyone! In the beginning of September my boyfriend pre-ordered a book from Amazon. This book was supposed to be my birthday present. Amazon sent him the tracking number and assured..."
- "I bought this thing seeing as it said leather, not knowing it was fake leather. Now that I admit is my fault as I wasn't quite paying attention to what..."
- " I ordered a set of Cuff Daddy cufflinks from Amazon on August 29, 2016 for $39 along with few other things. On August 30, 2016 Amazon sent me an..."
- "I love Twinkies I have from the beginning, But I just bought a box of them and they are half the size as they were. They were almost flat I..."
- "Am i the only one complaining about fake leads. And other contractors putting up job requests to make contractors waste credits. And some are customers puting up job requests just..."
- "I would like to know where the Great Value eggs are supplied from. I'm guessing it is somewhere with either genetically modified chickens, or where policies are not closely maintained...."