Toronto, Ontario

Here is what happened on June 16 2008 I made an order with Amazon.com

Amazon.com Headquarters, 1200 12th Ave., Ste. 1200, Seattle, WA 98144, USAPhone #: 206-266-1000Fax #: 206-266-7010

There was an order made from Amazon.com for a book called “A Promise Made, A Promise Kept: One Son's Quest for the Cause and Cure of Diabetes (Paperback)” by Dr. James Chappell the book costs $5.75

This order was made on June 16 2008 the order number for this order is Order #: 058-0639824-6939725

Here are the details about this book right from your own website.

Product Details

* Paperback: 427.0 pages* Publisher: BL Publishing (2005)* Language: English* ISBN-10: 1890766313* ISBN-13: 978-1890766313* Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 6.1 x 1 inches* Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds

This was bought though one of Amazon.com's resellers called Hungry Bookworm

Samiyatex AKA Hungry Bookworm 13003 S. Figueroa Street Los Angeles, California 90061 United StatesWebsite: http://www. hungrybookworm.comEmail: customerservice@hungrybookworm.com

The actual order was done though amazon.com's website. So reallyamazon.com is responsible for this matter.

I emailed Hungry Bookworm about this matter and Amazon.comnd the only thing I got back from Hungry Bookworm is that Amazon.com sets the shipping rates.

i asked Hungry Bookworm to provide a reciept dated June 17 2008which is the date they claim they shipped the book with the UnitedStates Postal Service (USPS) clearly showing the amount they were charged by USPS to ship this item to me. Hungry Book Worm has neverprovided me such information. I also sent the same request toamazon.com.

I have been in contact with Hungry Book Worm and the only answer theywould give me is that Amazon.com sets the shipping prices.

So I called Amazon.com and I spoke with a manager there and even he agreed that yes we set the prices for the shipping. I spokewith the manager in the customer service department 1-206-266-2992or 1-866-216-1072

I know why now because what they have never provided the informationbecause they do not want me to find out that they were actuallyripping me off.

What you can do is go to the United States Postal Service and even from one of the more soutern points of the USA where this companyHungry Bookworm is located Los Angeles, California and I calculated the rate using the weight provided by amazon.com and found that it would only cost $5.71 in shipping to send this to me.

This company sends it the slowest way possible and charges me theabsolute most possible amount and ship it the lowest way possible which in this case is First Class Mail Internationalpackage.

I was charged $12.49 for shipping and to only find out that HungryBookwork has shipped this via the United States Postal Service (USPS)which only cost them $5.71 which means that I was over charged by $6.78

So I contact amazon.com and they are not willing to do anythingabout this. I contacted the customer service department and and theywere not willing to do a refund of the difference or for that mattereven have thier reseller provide a receipt from the United StatesPostal Service showing the amount they paid in shipping. I don'tthink that would be an unreasonable thing to ask them to do.

I have asked many times that the reseller provide a reciept from the USPS several times already and they will not do sothat is because they are defrauding people.

Amazon.com can NOT over charge people for the shipping. nor can Amazon.com determine the shipping rate that isbetween the reseller and the buyer. And it really depends on how the reseller is going to ship the item IE: Fedex, USPor United States Postal Service.

There is no way that Amazon.com can charge me $12.49 forshipping via their website and their customer shipsthis parcel via normal USPS at the lowest way possible and expectto be able to keep the difference of $6.78

Amazon.com is defrauding its customers if they are goingto charge me $12.49 in shipping then I expect the itemto get here in at least a timely fashion not the 4 - 6 weeksthat they are saying for it to get here. The bottom lineis that the shipping would have only cost the company $5.71 so where is the remaining $6.78 USD going to?

My guess is right into Amazon.com's bank account even thoughit didn't cost them that much to send this item to me.

Amazon.com can only charge me in shipping what it actuallycosts them to send me the item.

So I have asked Amazon.com for a refund of $7.68 and providedthem with all of this information and they have not done so. I have emailed amazon.com's customer service many times alreadyand spoke with managers on the phone and have gotten no where.

You have to figure how many thousands of orders amazon.com is shipping in a day if they ripped everyone off $6.78 on each orderthat is going to add up to a lot of money in amazon.com's pocketthat they don't deserve.

Amazon.com is blatantly defrauding its customers and this needsto immediately stop!

So I call up the head office to fax a complaint over to thier head office and I get told that they will not give me theirfax number. I called several times to their head office and spokewith different reception people and they refused to give the faxnumber. That just shows how little Amazon.com really cares about their customers and how little they care about customer complaints.

So I did my own reasearch and I found a number for their legal department and I did fax a complaint over to them at 206-266-7010and waited now about a week and got no response from the company

The complaint was addressed directly to Jeff Bezos who is the CEOof Amazon.com

I have recieve no phone call from anyone at the corporate headoffice. Again this shows how little Amazon.com really cares about their customer the same complaint has now been sent viamail to their head office again addressed to Jeff Bezos.

Over all Amazon.com SUCKS do not buy from them they rip thier customers off they are a bunch of thieves! They have extremely poor customer service and the service support people are horriblewhen you call in you get a different answer each time.

I had one guy who said he was going to call me backin 3 days and never did he was going to speak with the reseller andcall me back and never did. I have sent seveal emails to boththe reseller and amazon.com and I am getting no where!

Amazon.com deals in deceptive practices and over charges peoplefor shipping. Obviously amazon.com has absolutely NO morals or ethics what so ever and no one should deal withthis shotty company.

I refuse to wait 4 - 6 weeks when I just paid $12.49 in shipping and the reseller ships it the lowest way possible and Amazon.comrefuses to refund me my money that they charged me and evenrefuses to cancel the order! I have asked Amazon.com to cancel theorder and I was told no where I called the customer service line.

I know I will never deal with Amazon.com ever again!

Amazon.com I want my money back or I will see that furtherlegal actions are taken against your company!

Appears that amazon.com has angered a lot of people and thereare many people that have legitimate complaints about this company.

I have not recieved the item yet it is nearly July 2008 and still no sign of thebook I bought. They have also already billed my credit card as well for thisand I have not recieved the item!

Comments

Maybe you should read before buying. Amazon's site clearly states that "Standard" international shipping (not expedited) on books is $12.49 and takes 3 to 6 weeks AFTER the seller ships.

There is also nothing that says they HAVE to charge you what they are charged. Their charge includes packaging, etc.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree and the reason Amazon's attorney's have not contacted you back is because you have no case and they aren't going to waste their time, especially when you knew, or should have known, the price and time frame up front before purchasing the book. There is a link right on the page that lists the shipping rates, all you had to do was click it.