Beware all sellers on Amazon Marketplace.
No matter how many thousands of dollars you generate for Amazon, you are worthless to them.
Over the past 12 months the actions of the A to Z Claims departments are aggregious.
1. They tell you you must return buyers' items after the deadlines have past for customers who decide they no longer want an item (after opening it and using it for 3 months).
2. They tell you you must accept returns after a customer damages an item you sold (even if its a cracked screen or it has water damage)
3. They tell you that you must accept returns even when the serial number of the product you sold doesn't match the one that is returned (bait and switch scam by buyers online beware!)
4. They give you a respond by date, and even if you send a question about it, they take that as your final response, ignore the respond by date for the return information and grant the customer his credit instantly (no ifs ands or buts) Then they follow it up with the sordid letter Too bad you didn't respond in time, the customer can keep or do whatever they want with the product, and we don't care, you still get debited, and the buyer wins out. Rewarding cheaters!! Awesome Amazon!
5. Customers have agreed to remove the claim since the seller works hard to appease them, but they still grant the claim in the buyers favor. And directly debit your account. They don't even take the time to read the transcriptions of emails that they have between buyer and seller.
6. Oh, and they have an appeals process. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. They don't even look at their own transcriptions. I've been lied to, cheated, they don't even look at what they tell you, they don't even care what you say. They don't care what photo or video evidence you have. You could tell them you are Jeff Bezos and they wouldn't care, you know why? THEY DON'T READ IT! You get an automated generated response that the computer matches up to your claim type and or transcriptions. That's it.
SPEND SOME MONEY AND GET SOME ACTUAL HUMAN REPS FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THATS HOLY!!
Honestly the A to Z claims department is full of outsourced/automated help, you can't even reach an English speaking person, and there is no supervisors that care to even look over your claim. Oh they say they care, but they'd rather debit the poor peon sellers that funding it from their own pockets or actually saying waitaminute you are a 100% reputable seller with years and years of selling experience, maybe we should support you a little bit. Nope. The violations border on humans rights abuse and this needs to be known.
Not suprising from a company that used to blindly rip off customers by charging them more money for their dvd's than they were charging to new customers to lure them in. Nor a company that hides behind the cloak of ambiguity, makes it impossible to contact them, they don't publish their contact information via email, and all the ones that are out there you get bounced back.
Dear Amazon FIX YOUR A to Z CLAIMS DEPARTMENT, FIRE YOUR CLAIMS STAFF, STOP AUTOMATING YOUR RESPONSES, and GET SOME COMPETANT US Based Employees!
Monetary Loss: $1000.
Location: Abilene, Texas