Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Update by user Jan 18, 2022

I didn't get contacted by Amazon after posting in Pissed Consumer.

Original review posted by user Jan 17, 2022

On 2021-12-26 I bought a 2020 Apple MacBook Air Laptop: Apple M1 Chip, 13" Retina Display, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage, Backlit Keyboard, FaceTime HD Camera, Touch ID; Space Grey from Amazon EU S.a.r.L. On 2022-01-02 I asked for a return.

I got the following email in 2022-01-03 from return@***.co.uk:

Weve accepted your return request. Once weve received the item below, well issue your refund.

The refund will appear on your Visa within 5-7 working days after weve received the item.

Send by:

Tue, 1 FebReturn method:

LABELLESS _ ROYALMAIL _ Normal Dropoff _ Amazon UK 2020 Apple MacBook Air Laptop...

Estimated refund: £889.00*

The instructions in the website were:

All the items must be sent by 1 Feb, 2022.

Additional Instructions for mailing your parcel

Your QR code will be emailed to you which can be used at participating Post Office locations and Royal Mail Customer Service Points. To check your nearest applicable location, click here , enter your postcode and click on the Delivery/Post Offices tab. Select 'Print returns label' under 'Services' to get a list of applicable Post Offices and Delivery Service Points.

Ensure that there are no other tracking labels attached to your package.

If you are shipping any non-hazardous items, completely remove or cover any hazardous materials markings.

Packaging should be sealed before dropping off at the Royal Mail Delivery Office, otherwise packaging charges may apply. You can find Royal Mail Delivery Office near you here

Securely pack and return your items to Amazon.

To ensure safe transportation, the battery must be returned inside the product.

Item Descriptions

Quantity

2020 Apple MacBook Air Laptop: Apple M1 Chip, 13 Retina Display, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage, Backlit Keyboard, FaceTime HD Camera, Touch ID; Space Grey

I took the laptop in a package to Swiss Cottage Royal Mail on the same day of 2022-01-03. On 2022-01-14 I got the following email from return@***.co.uk:

Weve received the item below and have issued your refund. Thank you for sending the item back.

Your return is now complete. 2020 Apple MacBook Air Laptop...

Refund total: £889.00*

Refund will appear on your Visa in 5-7 business days.

On 2022-01-15 the refund appeared in my bank. On 2022-01-16 I got the following email from buyer-returns@***.co.uk:

We are writing to let you know that we received Universal Tumble Dryer Condenser Kit. instead of the original item,020 Apple MacBook Air Laptop: Apple M1 Chip, 13 Retina Display, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage, Backlit Keyboard, FaceTime HD Camera, Touch ID; Space Gr , in your return of order #204-772****-190514* ***

We are discarding the wrong item that you sent.

We will be happy to accept the return of the correct item at your earliest convenience.

Our Account Specialist team is unable to provide support via phone or chat at this time, but if you would like to appeal this decision, please reply to this email.

I replied in the same day with:

I sent the MacBook. I've never even seen a Dryer Condenser Kit. What are the next steps in this?

They sent me another email on 2022-01-17 with:

Thank you for writing to us. We contacted you so that we could better understand the activity on your account.

Your comments and suggestions will help us improve and offer better service to our customers.

At this time we cannot issue a refund for the items you returned to Amazon.

If you would like to appeal this decision, please reply to this email to reach an Account Specialist.

Our Customer Service team can only confirm that we sent this message and help you with technical issues.

They cannot reverse this decision or share more details on this matter.

If you have any order or account-related concerns, please contact our Customer Service team via the link below. Customer service will not be able to answer any other question about the refund on your order .

User's recommendation: Avoid Amazon, especially for high value purchases.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Amazon Pros: Convient.

Amazon Cons: Bad quality service.

Comments