3333 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305, USA
3.6

Update by user Mar 19, 2018

I find it hard to believe Amazon has to increase their profit margin by almost 21% above what the manufacturer, Oxo, built into their MSRP for 2nd party sellers. I expect to see this sort of over-pricing from your 3rd party sellers, which I try not to purchase from.

Original review posted by user Mar 17, 2018

Me: https://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-S...(See full link)

the oxo msrp for this item is $8.99. why is amazon charging $2.35 more?

You are now connected to Dhanyamol from Amazon.com

Dhanyamol : Hello, my name is Dhanyamol . I'm here to help you today.

Just to confirm have you placed the order?

Me: no

Dhanyamol : We work hard to find the best prices out there and make sure our prices are as low or lower – changing our prices instantly if we find a lower offer somewhere else.

Me: you just have to look at the oxo website

Dhanyamol : A member of our specialist team will need to help you with this. Please hold while I transfer the chat. One of our specialist representatives will assist you shortly.

A Customer Service Associate will be with you in a moment.

You are now connected to Arnab from Amazon.com

Arnab: Hello James , my name is Arnab. Please give me a moment to review the previous correspondence.

Me: so over 20% increase over MSRP just because you can!!

Arnab: I have checked the details and in this case I see that price is a dynamic thing which are subjected to random fluctuations without prior notice as per demand and availability of the item in our inventory hence you see the change the price. I have checked the details and at this moment due to some major change in price match regulations changes at this moment we no longer offer price adjustments.

Amazon is a selling platform where we bridge potential buyers with sellers. We don't have strong hold over the prices as they are subjected to fluctuate as per demands and availability from the manufacturer's end who has the sole discretion over the fixing and change of price. Actually Amazon act as the middle man here the inventory of the item are stocked in our fulfillment center but doesn't hold the price regulations of the item as it is reserved by the manufacturer from whom we get the inventory of the item.

Me: this item is sold by Amazon directly

Arnab: I understand but we have to procure the item from someone, now that we had to procure the item at higher price so the new selling price is revised and it has increased.

I will definitely escalate it further so it can be considered in future

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments