Amazon, MT 59632, USA

I canceled my Amazon Prime account 8/26/2015.I checked my account today, 3/25/17 only to find out that they charged my account 2 years later.

I contacted customer service to inform them of the unauthorized charge and I was told that I must of checked something online to reactive the account. Needless to say this is a lie. I haven't checked anything related to Amazon Prime. I was told that it would take 3-5 days for a refund of the membership fee of $104.

I am very pissed at this action because I know that I never reactivated or made a charge using Amazon. To add insult to injury, I asked why it would take 3-5 days, I was then told that they had to make sure the money was taken from my account before they could credit my account.

I told the Amazon representative that it has come out of my account and not only this, my account was put into over draft as a result.I will never purchase anything off of Amazon.

I liked: Very dissatisfied.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Amazon Membership
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Unauthorized Draft / $250
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Amazon?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1307394

Difficult to know exactly what happened and/or who is at fault, you or Amazon.The good news is that Amazon will refund the money as their customer service is rather reliable.

The bad news is that it appears you are using a debit card rather than a credit card! Now you know why it is so dangerous to use a card where the money comes winging it's way out of your bank account immediately.

This is how we learn.Get yourself a credit card---if you can qualify for one and start using it instead of a debit card.