3.5
Turnaround Time

Read the email string from the bottom up and you'll see why I'm pissed and why you should be too. What they consider a small error on their part threw my life into chaos. The issue is simple: Amazon can deliver thing confidentially or it cannot it took me three weeks to decide that writing HR was necessary but I never received a response from them either. There's only two reasonable conclusions: 1. The company does not give a damn and 2. It has little inclination to investigate what happened and install protocols to entire that it will not happen again. What the company wants to do in order to evade responsibility is claim the little "gift box" was unchecked. First, since when did gift atomically become synonymous with anonymous and second customer service fails to point out three large boxes meant for special instructions where I wrote: "This package must be delivered anonymously. It is a gift but I want my identity protected until such time as I choose to reveal myself as the sender. This product is not to have any identifying references to me. It was a *** gift and the person would have understood later. Is amazon asking up to believe that a tiny checked box under gift supersedes copious written intructions which where repeated three times? Such is not just bad business it's a twisted sense of how language might be used in any given context. Amazon drivers do read, do they not? Otherwise what's the point of the special instructions. You damn near ruined my reputation and I expect compensation for that.

Shop Amazon, it's a good company. But you should never, ever, ever trust them to deliver a confidential package for you. ++++++

To:jeff@amazon.com

Cc:Dave@amazon.com

Mar 21 at 4:37 PM

Dear Mr. Bezos:

Sorry to bother you with this issue but CIS is sidestepping and stonewalling. The entire team, to a person, refuses to provide me with a concrete answer to the questions below. If you get a moment could you have someone in your office forward this email to a person capable of bringing about the results I'm seeking? I'm not looking for money or free products - I simply am looking for answers.

Thank you so much for the help, should you be able to provide it. I know your day planner is filled with much bigger issues. I'm turning to you as a last resort as it would appear that those in customer service are not up to the task. Even Dave Clark ignored my email. I was hoping from his position he might be able to move the process forward. He might have had it go to spam, deleted it, or chose not to have read it. I know this is not true of your office and you are my last resort.

Dr. **th

Ahsley (n.b. be sure to read the string of email from the bottom up), well Ashley tried and as you'll see all give engages in is glittering gneralities. There is nothing resembling a concrete answer in the fluff.

+++++

Thanks, Ashley.

I am puzzled by the gift option in relation to delivery. I've sent a number of items anonymously without ever checking gift and my package has always been delivered anonymously. There is something fuzzy here. And, for the record I did use the correct addresses. In fact, I sent an anonymous gift from another store and it had no problem getting to the recipient I intended. You write better than the CIS team but while your letter is elegant I'm not sure you told me anything more than the others. From what I'm reading, no matter how much emphasis is placed in the delivery instructions - checking the gift tab supersedes everything else, including repeated and direct comments written in the box where a customer conveys their wishes. A serious communication problem, don't you think? People and businesses are counting on you to make good on your anonymous deliveries. Where does it say that everything in this realm revolves around the checked box?

This is something you need to address, wouldn't you agree?

Thank you again for writing and I would ask that you to thank Mr. Bezos as well but that would interrupt him and I know he has an enormous agenda each and every day.

Dr. Smith

p.s. I'll continue as an Amazon customer as I think most everything you do is first rate - extraordinary when you think about it. However, I will never again send an anonymous product and I will use all my resources, including colleagues and friends, to have the public realize they should avoid Amazon where anonymity is concerned. At preset I'm left with the feeling that Amazon, though one of my favorite companies, cannot be trusted with anonymous deliveries. I must say I'm disappointed in this regard.

Donald C. Smith, Ph.D.

The oddest thing about communication is not that we don't always communicate clearly,

- anonymous.

On Thursday, March 21, 2019, 10:15:10 PM EDT, Amazon.com Executive Customer Relations wrote:

Amazon

Hello Donald,

I’m Ashley D. with Amazon.com’s Executive Customer Relations team. Jeff Bezos received your e-mail and I’m responding on his behalf.

I’m very sorry to hear about the issues you’ve had regarding order 111-4825970-6203438. After reviewing your previous interactions with our Customer Service team, I can confirm they’ve correctly advised you the “Gift Item” option was not selected at checkout. Therefore, the system doesn’t recognize the shipment as a “gift” and is shipped normally to the selected shipping address.

Additionally, we require a correct billing address to be submitted for each order, which will appear on the order's packing slip. With that being said, we're unable to offer the option to have a gift sent with complete anonymity.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and frustration this has caused you. I hope you'll give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

From: Donald Smith

To: "ofm+A2L3E09KV6DSYC@amazon.com"

Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 5:47:34 PM EDT

Subject: Failure to ensure anonymity despite three individual requests - what happened, and how did it happen that my identity was revealed: Time Sensitive/Legal

What kind of buls**t response is this? The case is not closed, you have all you need to answer my questions, and you've done nothing but "playing at" a response.

Seems to be I'm going to have to return to dialog with top management. Where my question is concerned, you are either ignorant or incompetent. Amazon sales have been dropping and anyone who can read knows this to be true.

What do you suppose might happen, to your profits & stock, when I launch a year long media campaign targeting incompetent shipping at Amazon? Many stores are offering free two day delivery. You you are no longer unique. Xerox once thought it was above reproach and it hemorrhaged money to the edge of bankruptcy. Read a case study, open a book on American corporations.

I have both the skills and contacts to have my grievance go viral on Youtube, and all other social media. Professionally I am a Professor of Communication, Film and Media Studies. I am very good at what I do: see linkedin.

Always, I have spoken very well of Amazon both because of my respect for Mr. Bezos (I have a direct line) and because Amazon service was perfect every time. I want an answer to the anonymity question. Read the email string it tells you everything you need to know. What I need is an explanation of how my identity was revealed. Given the problems this error causes I deserve and demand and explanation. Otherwise I take the issue public everywhere and anywhere.

If I don't don't have an answer by this time tomorrow I'll be writing Bezos and the B.O.G.

.RM

Hello,

We contacted you so we could better understand the activity on your account and learn how to improve your shopping experience.

If you do not have any further feedback regarding your Amazon shopping experience, please consider this issue closed, and be assured that you may continue shopping as usual.

If you have any order or account related concerns, please contact our Customer Service team at the link below:

From: speakwell2007@yahoo.com

Sent: Sunday, 03 March, 2019 02:44:17 PM PST

Subject: Fw: Feedback on botched anonymity order - URGENT/TIME

SENSITIVE/LEGAL

Subject: Re: Feedback on botched anonymity order - URGENT/TIME SENSITIVE/LEGAL

I'm not going to stop asking. If I have to I'll research who is the top manager for shipping at Amazon and then ask that person directly.

On Friday, March 1, 2019, 3:34:50 PM EST, wrote:

I need a paragraph or has Amazon become so incompetent since it's merger that it can't put six or seven sentences together anymore.

If that's the case the requirements for customer service jobs have dropped dramatically.

Obviously I'd rather not. I've been an Amazon fan almost from the very beginning but you do not want to test me on this issue.

Send the explanation.

--------------------------------------------------- Amazon

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

To: "ofm+A2L3E09KV6DSYC@amazon.com"

Most Customer-Centric Company.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

OverEducatedConsumer

Amazon.com

NOTE: ALWAYS the SAME form letter!

Sunday, 03 March, URGENT/TIME SENSITIVE/LEGAL

---------------------------------------------------

On Friday, March 1, 2019, 3:34:50 wrote: I need a paragraph, or has Amazon become so incompetent since it's merger, that it can't put six or seven sentences together anymore. If that's the case, the requirements for customer service jobs have dropped dramatically.End of business today, after that I'm taking my story and question to the media pissedconsumer, ripoffreport, hissingkitty, consumer reports, and Facebook. I'll also engage my network of professors, writers, and editors and ask them to do the same.

Amazon.com

Same for letter clearly they do not read customer feedback!

++++++

Sunday, March 3, 2019, 5:42:12 PM EST

OverEducatedConsumer

On Friday, March 1st I wrote:

---------------------------------------------------

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Amazon Cons: Botched anonymous delivery that caused chaos in my life.

Comments