Resolved
4.1
Turnaround Time
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Nov 30, 2018

I got my reviews, and privileges back! I'm currently reviewer 9,930.

I just got under the 10,000 mark last week, which felt really great after all of the caos. I sent them a detailed message, and forwarded it to Jeff Bezos, too. I heard from another reviewer on YouTube that sending everything to Jeff Bezos got the ball rolling for him, and it seemed to do the same for me. Of course, if someone is actually in violation, this probably isn't going to help, but I've never received anything, nor have I communicated with anyone before this posting on here.

This definitely gives hope to anyone else who has experienced this. It's worth fighting for if you enjoy reviewing, and sharing your opinions on the items you buy. It took exactly 2 weeks after emailing Jeff Bezos. There are some system glitches due everything, tho.

Like, I can't update any of those original 160 something reviews. They restored them, but the system doesn't quite get it. And, I'm not listed as the top reviewer on a products review, where I was the 1st review under that product, so my helpful reviews aren't as easily seen on a highly reviewed item. Also, it doesn't show my review if I'm the 1st reviewer on something.

The review gets approved. I get the email showing it's available for millions of people to see, it's listed under my profile initially, but it doesn't show the product actually having a review. During their weekly tally of the reviewer rankings, these reviews fall off, as if it was never reviewed. If someone else reviews the item too, before that time, mine will show up at that point, and stay.

So, weird. Obviously, they manually give you your stuff back, but the backend of their software doesn't quite understand that that's happened. I've emailed both the review department, and Jeff Bezos on this, with my screenshots, but I have not gotten anywhere with these glitches. Obviously, my frustration isn't worth a new code being implemented in their system, so these will probably never be fixed.

I hope my situation helps other's who have experienced this, and I wish you luck on your journey if you decide to fight it. I offer my condolences if you're too frustrated to put anymore of your energy into it. I totally understand. I felt both ways during my journey to resolving my case.

Thanks for reading. Have a great day!

Original review posted by user Aug 26, 2018

I had 160 reviews and almost 600 helpful votes deleted for no reason. I took a lot of time to try to help the Amazon community, because I depended on other's reviews to decide what products were the best fit for me.

It's truly, stomach turning to have all of your efforts, just deleted! I really enjoyed being apart of the community, and wanted to give back. I have called, and emailed them. It sounds like it might be a lost cause from what I'm reading.

It's just not right. They're the one's who request reviews, and give you a profile, yet they punish the people who spend thousands a year on Amazon, and are still willing to give of their time to help Amazon's community. I have never received anything for my reviews. They were all authentic, and the majority with pictures.

It would be nice if they'd at least allow you to have access to your own reviews. Something is so wrong with picture.

It seems like they're losing good people, and genuine reviews, rather than the fake ones, they're supposedly looking for. Please update if you hear back from them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Profile.

Comments

Same happened to me! I called and reported it and they filed a complaint with review board, then I got an automated response from the review board stating they carefully reviewed my account and found I was in violation.

Well it was obvious to me that was b.s. and this was a form letter so I replied to it stating: clearly you did NOT carefully review my account because if you had you would see I was innocent and restored my account!!! About 7 days later they replied saying my reviews and privileges were restored. I replied directing them to this site and letting them know this was a huge problem and not isolated.

So don’t give up! You have to complain at least twice before a human gets involved.

WearyEntlebucherMountainDog
@Kelly0000

Yes, I got mine back, as well! Great job.

I'm currently reviewer 9,930. I just got under the 10,000 mark last week, which felt really great after all of the caos. I sent them a detailed message, and forwarded it to Jeff Bezos, too. I heard from another reviewer on YouTube that that got the ball rolling.

Of course, if someone is actually in violation, this probably isn't going to help, but I've never received anything, nor have I communicated with anyone before this posting on here. This definitely gives hope to anyone else who has experienced this. It's worth fighting for if you enjoy reviewing, and sharing your opinions on the items you buy.

Thanks for your comment. Have a great day!

nativenyer

You talk about being part of the Amazon community. You were never any part of any community.

You were just another pawn being used by Amazon to push sales on the site. To explain further, when you go to a brick and mortar store, what do you find there? Salespeople whose job it is to recommend products so you can buy something and generate a sale. Reviewers were being flattered or manipulated by Amazon into performing the same function as "sales people", but without the pay.

I realized this years ago, which is why I stopped reviewing even though I was in the top 2000 reviewer rank at some point.

I guess what I'm trying to say is to consider it a good thing that you were deleted. You're no longer working for free to help an already rich company become richer.

WearyEntlebucherMountainDog
@nativenyer

I do understand what you are saying, and it is partly true. Not all reviews are positive, tho.

If I didn't rely on other's reviews for my own shopping, I probably would have never started to review the products I buy. I'm not able to get out to the stores, which leaves me in the dark about what some of these products actually look like in real life, or if they're even a quality item to begin with, so reading reviews, especially those with pictures have become important to me. Especially when you have to return through the mail, if you're able to return for free at all. I try to always post pictures.

I feel like they're more important than my personal opinion. I understand that it's a thankless job from Amazon, but I don't mind helping out other shoppers. I'm sure there are times when someone has passed on an item due to some pictures and videos. If I can help them feel more confident in buying or not buying, I'm okay with that.

Should I care so much???...Probably not. By the way, I got my privileges back, and everything was restored, which really surprised me after reading everyone else's experiences. I emailed Jeff Bezos, with everything. I'm quite sure he doesn't check this email himself, but it did escalate my case, and everything was reversed within 2 weeks from my email to him.

There has been some glitches due to this, but for the most part, everything was restored. Thanks for your input.

I'm sure it would have helped me move on, had my situation not turned out the way it did. Have a great day!