5K views
4.3
Turnaround Time

I have been an amazon customer since 2008 and have purchased many thousands items and have written just as many reviews of 4 stars or more. Those that I do not rate above three stars is due to quality or false statements made by the seller on the product being described.

Recently I received one of my many purchases and tried to write a review and was told that I violated the review guidelines. No where are any of my reviews available anymore. They are all gone. Here is a photo of the explanation that I get each time I try to write a review.

My helpful rating was 685.

I have tried to contact amazon without any success. No where on amazon website is there any option to contact customer service to ask for assistance why all my reviews were deleted.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Website.

Reason of review: Product reviews been deleted.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Amazon Cons: Could not find help on why all my product reviews were deleted.

Comments

Glad I'm not the only one totally taken back by this! I just recently started getting a notification saying my previous review didn't meet their guidelines on products I had just purchased!

Plus ALL of my reviews have been deleted. Talked to 2 reps and have yet to hear back from anyone.

Same here! I have been a member since 2007 and purchased thousands of items.

I have no affiliation with any vendor on Amazon, have not received any "favors", etc, etc. I have emailed them and spoke with someone via Chat who assured me not to worry, they would straighten it out and I would hear back within 24 hours. . .

nothin', nada. Thank you to the commenter that mentioned Walmart.

I looked into that and it seems quite comparable, only without the exorbitant annual fee. Any music or video included can also be found elsewhere for free or for a lot less.

This exact thing happened to me, too! I had hundreds of reviews, many of them video reviews, that I've contributed since 2000!

I was a member of the Vine program and started getting these weird offers to review products directly from shady-sounding sellers. I assume they were getting my email address from Amazon because my email address wasn't public on my profile.

I never accepted any of these offers. This is an outrage!

I have just noticed all my reviews on Amazon wiped out also. I had about 400 reviews with 750 helpful votes.

Im not going to fight the issue with Amazon. Its their loss.

I was writing honest reviews, helping other customers, and getting many likes. Maybe they decided to erase my reviews because I was not ordering as much as I used to.

@Sandy

Yeah I'm not gonna fight them either. They don't want me as a customer, I don't want them as a vendor!

I've already started shopping elsewhere and saved money. Amazon isn't the only game in town. So many vendors are now offering free shipping with a minimum purchase.

I like supporting small companies by ordering from them directly. It feels a lot better than buying from a monolith.

Happened me also, about 3 weeks ago. Said reason Bias, I never was paid or given anything free for a review and never knew any I bought from.

I only did product reviews I bought verified and I called customer service, send info to fraud, after 2 times CS sending fraud my request, got answer from fraud basically saying I lost all my community access and reason one of many things related to bias, but I never did one bias review. Then CS told me to contact community-help, week almost with no reply.

Guys Stop purchasing from AMAZON and cancel all the prime membership. We can get a much better deal in WALMART and supermarket chains.

There's a lot more e-commerce website coming. It's time to start looking for the alternative and stop the monopoly of AMAZON

Yes, same here. After 12 years with Amazon in many thousands of dollars being spent and countless honest unbiased reviews written, I am suddenly in violation of their terms.

Don’t know any of the sellers, have never received a freebie from a single one. I wrote on us reviews of the products I buy.

My membership expires July 3 and I believe I will let it die without interruption. Their Amazon delivery service sucks anyway, they don’t read the instructions, they’re just not worth bothering with anymore.

All my Amazon UK reviews have gone. I was not informed of any problem by Amazon and if there is any way of contacting them about such matters it's not clear how?

Amazon reviews have had a bad reputation with all those iffy endorsements from people getting free items and heavy discounts.

I do wonder if manufacturers and sellers can wipe out negative reviews on questionable items to keep up sales. If so, why no comeback for those who put in their time to give useful guidance to other buyers?

I am beyond infuriated. Mine were deleted as well, for the first time ever.

This was the first time Amazon disappointed me severely due to how shady it was. I've been using it for years, too. My review was deleted because, "Amazon does not permit reviews from customers whose relationship to the product or seller may be perceived as biased". First of all, my review was NEGATIVE.

I do not understand why they think that if I had a relationship with the seller, I wouldn't leave a positive review. I gave the product one star. Second, every review could be considered "biased" towards the product because the reviews are based on your experiences with the product! My review warned people of using the product, due to the long term harm it caused me.

It did not contain profanity, insults, or anything inappropriate.

My review was 100% honest, and even included a photo as proof of what the product did to me. I find it funny how Amazon bans people like us from honestly reviewing, for bunk reasons, while it seems people who state, "I recieved this product for a discounted price in exchange for my unbiased review" never get banned.

Same thing happened to me ):

I have been a Amazon Prime customer since 2009. Amazon banned to do product reviews for the items I purchased.

Also, all my reviews right from 2009 have been deleted. I have talked to customer care over chat and phone but no resolution so far.

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Very annoying and unprofessional from Amazon.

Same here. Some of my recent reviews were deleted.

I can still write reviews, so I tried to atleast post rating again for the deleted reviews, but quite a few of the items wouldn't even let me rate them.

Seems like there's a bunch of shady sellers on amazon, but I don't get why that needs to impact buyers negatively. I took time to write reviews on products I love or hate, amazon should respect that.

This has also happened to me and with it I received the most rudest email I have ever received. It is clear that Amazon does not care about the customer.

To be accused of something and not knowing what and not being allowed to find out what happened and the company refusing to reply is not how a successful company does business. I immediately canceled my prime membership and I have been a prime member for 10 years, I canceled all of my monthly subscriptions, and I will never do business with them again (I spend at least $1000 a month with them minimum). I may pay a little more for something but I wjill only do business with companies that appreciate their customers. If any of you out there would like to come tonight you can be heard by writing to jeff@amazon.com.

He reads all of his emails and forward Dan customer complaints and gets them resolved.

Personally it’s too late for me because they should’ve never sent a letter in the first place but I will still write him and tell him whoever approves such an email should be fired. I don’t care how big a company is, they *** always appreciate their customers

Similar situation in some regards no clue as to violation...

Same here

Same issue here. All reviews are gone and I cannot post any more reviews.

I have not accepted promotional items since Amazon made the change in 2016, though I get emails offering them daily.

The main products I've been reviewing are audio and podcast related, I am a podcaster and have a website about podcasting and this is my area of expertise. It seems Amazon does not want fair and honest reviews on their site any longer.

Like you I have written honest and forthright reviews. Around 1100 of them and got hundreds of helpful votes.

I regarded this as doing my bit in return for the reviews I have used to help me make informed choices before buying.Suddenly all my reviews vanished. Like you I tried to get an explanation and got nowhere. My first email was ignored. My online chat promised a reply in 24 hours that never showed.

My phone call promised another email. But as they did not specify a time to respond I suppose I could not say the lied after a year!Well here is my solution. Avoid buying on Amazon. I now look to locate marketplace sellers at their own web sites.

When my Prime membership comes up for renewal I will cancel. In 5 days I have spent £700 elsewhere that would have been with Amazon.

#1471949

Same here! My community profile was shut down - can't review or even ask questions about a product.

I contacted amazon to find out why and it took them TEN days to respond with a generic email saying the guidelines had been broken. They did not explain reasons that were specific to my account. I contacted them again - found out their review team can only be reached by email. Even other departments cannot call this team.

I reached out to amazon multiple times - getting misinformation each time. I called to question the review team's decision and one amazon representative assured me they would send a form to request a supervisor look at my account and explain exactly the reason my profile had been shut down. Then days later I got the same email as the original generic one. No one even took the time to explain.

The department cannot be reached and does not respond to their emails. Extremely upsetting. Especially since I heard prime membership will increase by $20.

How does amazon expect customers to pay more to be a prime member and be treated in such a way. How to they think we will buy products if they can't get answers and leave feedback?!