4K views
4.3
Turnaround Time

I have been an amazon customer since 2008 and have purchased many thousands items and have written just as many reviews of 4 stars or more. Those that I do not rate above three stars is due to quality or false statements made by the seller on the product being described.

Recently I received one of my many purchases and tried to write a review and was told that I violated the review guidelines. No where are any of my reviews available anymore. They are all gone. Here is a photo of the explanation that I get each time I try to write a review.

My helpful rating was 685.

I have tried to contact amazon without any success. No where on amazon website is there any option to contact customer service to ask for assistance why all my reviews were deleted.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Website.

Reason of review: Product reviews been deleted.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Could not find help on why all my product reviews were deleted.

Comments

to Richard #1546987

I agree! &This just happened to me, too.

I had 160 reviews and almost 600 helpful votes. I took a lot of time to try to help the Amazon community, because I depended on other's reviews to decide what products were the best fit for me. It's truly, stomach turning to have all of your efforts, just deleted! I really enjoyed being apart of the community, and wanted to give back.

I have called, and emailed them. It sounds like it might be a lost cause from what I'm reading. It's just not right. They're the one's who request reviews, and give you a profile, yet they punish the people who spend thousands a year on Amazon, and are still willing to give of their time to help Amazon's community.

I have never received anything for my reviews. They were all authentic, and the majority with pictures. It would be nice if they'd at least allow you to have access to your own reviews. Something is so wrong with picture.

It seems like they're losing good people, and genuine reviews, rather than the fake ones, they're supposedly looking for. Please update if you hear back from them.

My reviews were all deleted about a week ago. I've been reviewing products on Amazon for nearly 20 years!

I highly value real users product reviews and I enjoy(ed) writing them, but about a month ago a company to which I'd given a good review asked me if I wouldn't mind reviewing another one of their products. I said sure, and they sent me a gift card to buy the product. I wrote an honest review of it. Then Amazon decided that I now had a "relationship" with the seller and deleted every review I've ever written.

They have also banned me from ever writing another review on their site. Period. Not one of my reviews was fake or influenced. I spent a good deal of time writing them as well, so as to help people better understand the products.

I had reviewed everything...

books, baby products, camping accessories, tech products and beauty supplies! I can't tell you how upset I am that this happened to me.

to starla175 #1527704

I really fear that this has nothing to do with broken code but rather the angry and biased opinions of a few working in the review department. They see something that offends them personally and take drastic action to delete that persons entire collection of reviews.

This has to stop because its costing Amazon a lot of good quality customers. It's also costing the integrity of the entire review process at Amazon which is a huge part of why people purchase products there. Whoever is doing this at the review department at Amazon needs to be investigated and fired from his/her position. I personally believe its a raging and offended female.

I made a comment on someone else review that I saw a trend of female negative reviews. I didn't say anything offensive but just that it was curious that all the negative reviews for the product came from female names. That does not justify erasing someones entire review profile. It obviously offended a female employee in the review department which is ridiculous and vindictive at the very least.

I hope she gets caught and fired for playing feminist which makes her obviously bias herself. Pathetic.

#1519463

Cool story. If you really did write the code, then you done goofed.

There is clearly an issue where people who have reviewed many products in good faith over many years have had their review privileges stripped. It happened to me as well in the last month. Amazon has screwed up here. If they don't or won't bother to fix the issue, then they'll continue to *** away customer loyalty and support.

Having someone like you pretending to represent them on a serious issue (I don't believe you were involved, just trolling) does the company no favors.

Hopefully someone finds a way to get this fixed. Hopefully whoever implemented this boondoggle is made to fix it and do better next time.

#1519028

All of you go cry me a river. You are undermining the reputation based selling on Amazon.

It's not hard to spot a shill review - and it's also not hard to spot any customer who provides these reviews.How do I know? Well - I'm the guy who wrote the software for amazon to filter through the database of all reviews and pick out the bad apples, and shut down those reviewers who are responsible for 95% of the fake reviews on Amazon. Yes - I get paid to shut down your BS reviews PERMANENTLY.A human notices an (obviously) junk product like a $38.88 drone that had 15 x 5-star reviews on days 2, 3, 5 and 6 of being sold - then sat idle for 2-3 weeks before 1 to 10 real customers bought it, and commented things like "I have no idea why this was rated 5 stars by so many people" in their 1-star reviews with photos showing that the drone doesn't fly without a string holding it up (one shill reviewer photo even had a string we could make out!) . What do we do about it?

First, we ban the seller from selling on Amazon, as they violated our TOS. We charge them to ship their crap back to China. We charge our return expenses for their product against any profit they might have made.Then we go after the problem - which is YOU. We hunt your reviews down, and shut down ALL social interaction privileges you had.

I had to add that field to the reviewer database. And I wrote the query which found the shill product reviews because they all follow the same pattern.The ONLY reviewers who were not found were the ones who just happened to be reviewing a really honest 5-star product that real customers also liked. But when they piled on reviews for a bad product with others, they got caught. You need to realize, we track the return rates for products because returns eat profits in a slim margin business.

When a 5 star product suddenly has 80+ % return rates, it sticks out.You need to understand that what you did undermines the integrity of the Amazon Prime experience for legit customers - not people who get the emails from China saying "you pleaz review for us good product we pay u paypal after post review 5 star all the way"My suggestion is go to fakespot.com and take a look at the junk you reviewed - see how many reviews popped up magically 1 week after the product first sold - then look at the long time before anyone REAL bought the junk, and then look at the later reviews posted by REAL customers (who have no problems posting reviews on amazon).When fakespot.com says Amazon has deleted some reviews - those belonged to you, and I'm the guy who got rid of them.

Seeing you all pissed off here makes me grin from ear to ear - thanks for the job well done!Mr. SQL

to AMZN INFO SYS #1519132

That may well be the case, and in situations like that it is a job well done. However there are many genuine reviewers who arbitrarily find their reviews vanish for no reason at all.

Personally I had my reviews vanish some years ago for the generic reason of personal affiliated with the authors. The books I had reviewed were all well known titles and the only affiliation I had was friending or following some of them of Facebook. It was a ridiculous reason, and because of that I haven't reviewed anything since, and try to buy from competitors to Amazon whenever possible.

Maybe the algorithms in the code have changed since but my reviews have never been reinstated.I can see the reasoning behind what you do, but the smug insinuation that everybody whose reviews have been removed are guilty of something is completely unjustified. Perhaps if you paid closer attention to the details instead of patting yourself on the back you would actually come up with an efficient product.

to AMZN INFO SYS #1524278

You are a pompous, self-righteous jerk.

to AMZN INFO SYS #1528302

Amazon info sys What are you going to do? Ban us?

Too late. You go cry yourself a river.

to AMZN INFO SYS #1528317

Grinning ear to ear? Actually you sound furious that people are daring to express their opinions here. Go back to your safe space.

to AMZN INFO SYS #1530488

I live in the middle of nowhere and do ~50% of my shopping online. Reviewing on amazon was a fun little hobby; I enjoyed watching my reviewer rating climb.

I finally broke into the top 10,000, and that was a nice little personal accomplishment. Today I went to review a shirt. Really awesome shirt; I almost didn't buy it because there were no reviews but I lucked out and it's great! Unfortunately, I can't leave a review because I am locked out.

All reviews wiped, hours and years of reviews just gone. It takes a special type of jerk to take joy from the suffering of others.

to Cat #1546995

I agree. I just hit reviewer 18,000, and all 160 reviews, and pictures that I spent a lot of time on, were deleted yesterday.

I depend on other's reviews before I purchase anything on Amazon, and I took pride in giving back to that same community. I spend thousands of dollars a year on Amazon, because I do 90% of all of my family's shopping online, and because I enjoyed helping, and being a part of something bigger than myself, I've been cut off, as well. I've never received a dime, or a free product for any of my reviews.

They were all genuine, and honest, and it is really a slap in the face. I'm sorry this has happened to you, as well!

to AMZN INFO SYS #1539868

Kind of a dbag aren't you. You seem a bit too proud of your work considering some people clearly didn't get paid or have "biased relationships" with sellers.

Looks more like you might suck at your job and your self righteous and arrogant tone doesn't kelp. Maybe you are forgetting most of us are/were costumers. Talking crap towards customers, especially the false flagged reviewers, is kind of a terrible bedside manner. Yeah, flat out fake reviews are crap.

Many of us customers have been burned because if it. But it seems like your *** code has grouped regular people in with flat out shills. Then the policy to automatically strip all reviews, take away customers ability to review ever again and no appeal process of anything that gets caught up in your *** false query just puts the ball in the coffin. I'm glad I found this right before my Prime renewal came up.

When I cancel I'll be sure to let them know it was specifically because of the arrogant dbag employee who celebrated randomly blocking real regular costumers. BTW, this review of your *** reply here is 100% real ;).

They have also done this to me. I have posted well over 75 reviews in the past and all my reviews had atleast 4/5 stars and I always typed out a very detailed review that was a decent length.

They deleted every single review I have made in the past and every single question I’ve asked or answered. And won’t let me review or answer any questions with basically no reasons on why.

I used to be offered promotions to get items for almost free from this company and they only offered to amazon customers that on their profile have had items previously reviewed so they knew you was the type to review the item once you received it. Well I no longer am eligible to receive promotions since my profile shows I have posted 0 reviews or questions ever on my account which is bull.

Glad I'm not the only one totally taken back by this! I just recently started getting a notification saying my previous review didn't meet their guidelines on products I had just purchased!

Plus ALL of my reviews have been deleted. Talked to 2 reps and have yet to hear back from anyone.

Same here! I have been a member since 2007 and purchased thousands of items.

I have no affiliation with any vendor on Amazon, have not received any "favors", etc, etc. I have emailed them and spoke with someone via Chat who assured me not to worry, they would straighten it out and I would hear back within 24 hours. . .

nothin', nada. Thank you to the commenter that mentioned Walmart.

I looked into that and it seems quite comparable, only without the exorbitant annual fee. Any music or video included can also be found elsewhere for free or for a lot less.

This exact thing happened to me, too! I had hundreds of reviews, many of them video reviews, that I've contributed since 2000!

I was a member of the Vine program and started getting these weird offers to review products directly from shady-sounding sellers. I assume they were getting my email address from Amazon because my email address wasn't public on my profile.

I never accepted any of these offers. This is an outrage!

I have just noticed all my reviews on Amazon wiped out also. I had about 400 reviews with 750 helpful votes.

Im not going to fight the issue with Amazon. Its their loss.

I was writing honest reviews, helping other customers, and getting many likes. Maybe they decided to erase my reviews because I was not ordering as much as I used to.

Happened me also, about 3 weeks ago. Said reason Bias, I never was paid or given anything free for a review and never knew any I bought from.

I only did product reviews I bought verified and I called customer service, send info to fraud, after 2 times CS sending fraud my request, got answer from fraud basically saying I lost all my community access and reason one of many things related to bias, but I never did one bias review. Then CS told me to contact community-help, week almost with no reply.

Guys Stop purchasing from AMAZON and cancel all the prime membership. We can get a much better deal in WALMART and supermarket chains.

There's a lot more e-commerce website coming. It's time to start looking for the alternative and stop the monopoly of AMAZON

Yes, same here. After 12 years with Amazon in many thousands of dollars being spent and countless honest unbiased reviews written, I am suddenly in violation of their terms.

Don’t know any of the sellers, have never received a freebie from a single one. I wrote on us reviews of the products I buy.

My membership expires July 3 and I believe I will let it die without interruption. Their Amazon delivery service sucks anyway, they don’t read the instructions, they’re just not worth bothering with anymore.