5.4K views
4.3

I have been an amazon customer since 2008 and have purchased many thousands items and have written just as many reviews of 4 stars or more. Those that I do not rate above three stars is due to quality or false statements made by the seller on the product being described.

Recently I received one of my many purchases and tried to write a review and was told that I violated the review guidelines. No where are any of my reviews available anymore. They are all gone. Here is a photo of the explanation that I get each time I try to write a review.

My helpful rating was 685.

I have tried to contact amazon without any success. No where on amazon website is there any option to contact customer service to ask for assistance why all my reviews were deleted.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Website.

Reason of review: Product reviews been deleted.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Amazon Cons: Could not find help on why all my product reviews were deleted.

Comments

Felicha

My reviewer ranking is 8,500 and something. I had the same problem.

Not only do I review novels, I review things I purchase as well. Yesterday I tried to review an item I bought and got the same message. All of my reviews and helpful votes are gone, and I can't review nothing. Amazon is no help.

I had over a thousand of review and busted my butt writing them, all for nothing. I can't figure out what to do. Reviewing was my hobby, and all of my hard work down the drain. All of my reviews, and helpful votes disappeared.

I am so mad with amazon, I don't even want to use it any more. A lot of honest reviewers are being removed.

@Felicha

Same thing happened to me. I use discount sites like vipon and Snagshout that discount items but I also purchase full price.

Amazon community guidelines state that you cannot review an item that you’ve received for free or for compensation or for a company you are affiliated with, for an author you are affiliated with etc. Not only have I meticulously followed these rules, (despite being offered free things on a daily basis from sellers) I had climbed to the top 2k reviewers. This took me some 9 years or so. Reviews are my hobby, all of my reviews are honest and I rarely review anything I get at a discount anyway.

Even so, discounted items can be reviewed as long as they are not free as stated in the review guidelines. If I receive a discounted item, and the item is bad, I leave an honest review. I still paid for the item, usually at close to full cost and I’m just as upset as anyone if the item is poor quality. But I also buy things without a discount all the time.

I review those pretty often, including pictures, videos etc. I’ve literally put hundreds of hours into this and I am so pissed! I contacted amazon and was told to wait 24 hours for an email.

I don’t think I’m getting my reviews back. And I’m wondering exactly what the incentive is for people to follow these guidelines if honest reviewers have all their reviews deleted.

I’m doing hard research and it looks like eufy/Anker is involved in latest rounds of “violating “ customers. I did buy an eufy and tried (unsuccessfully) to review- then got banned. Anybody else???

@BLM

I have bought computer batteries from Anker in the past. I think I've left reviews or a review, but I never got anything from Anker in return! I bought full price from amazon.

I was #9000. Just happened to me for the “relationship “ issue which is total BS

Just has all my reviews deleted too, no answer given after repeatedly asking why. I had done well over a thousand reviews.

LH S

I've had a review pulled and I'm not happy about the defamatory slur that I am a bad actor who leaves fake reviews. I understand that Amazon need to *** out fake reviews but their algorithms aren't fit for purpose.

Genuine reviews are getting deleted by the boatload and this alters the balance of fake:genuine reviews in favour of the fake ones. This leaves the whole review system even more broken than before, unfairly targets small artists and authors and misuses customer data. I've had enough of Amazon's high handed customer disservice and I'm boycotting them unless and until they fix this.

I've written an open letter to Jeff Bezos but so far Amazon simply don't care. https://thereforeithink2.wordpress.com/2018/08/16/open-letter-to-jeff-bezos/

Just happened to me. I never got paid to leave a review..

beside someone sending me a product to review honestly which I stated in my review.

If it wasn’t aloud just tell me and don’t delete every I ever posted.. I spent my time trying to help amazon by reviewing everything I purchased which was a lot...

@Monca27

My rating was over 3,000

Same thing happened to me, just realized it today. I've been writing reviews for years on Amazon and over 95% were 4 stars and up, so it's not because they were negative. Just wrong!

@Whit

Same thing happened to me. I have never purchased anything at a discount on Amazon or anywhere else...

my reviews were honest and genuine. I have been a customer since 2001. I am being punished for something I didn't do per Amazon I am not in good standing with the Amazon Community.

Screw them. I am going to Ebay.

I've also been cut off from reviewing on Amazon. I have always tried to be fair and balanced in my reviews.

My reviews have been up for a long time, so I'm baffled why they were deleted and why I've been cut off from reviewing. I tried calling customer service and emailing them, but to no avail. They won't change their mind, even though I never received any free products in exchange for positive reviews. The only free products I got was through Amazon Vine.

The Review Moderator was especially nasty to me. I've been a loyal customer since 1999. After receiving this nasty email from the Review Moderator, I felt it best to close my account and end my relationship with Amazon: "Hello, We have determined that you have violated our Community Guidelines. As a result, we have suppressed all of your reviews, and you will no longer be able to post community content on Amazon.

This includes Customer Reviews. Customer Reviews are meant to give customers unbiased product feedback from fellow shoppers. Because our goal is to provide Customer Reviews that help customers make informed purchase decisions, any accounts and reviews that could be viewed as advertising, promotional, or biased will be removed. Your community privileges may have been revoked for one or more of the following reasons: -- Elements of your account indicate a relationship to sellers, publishers, or other reviewers of the products you review.

-- Your reviews were posted in exchange for compensation, such as gift cards to purchase the product, product refunds, review swaps, or free or discounted products. -- You requested free or discounted products in exchange for reviews. We made this decision after carefully considering your account. This decision is final, and your community privileges will not be reinstated.

To learn more about our policies, please review the following on Amazon.com: -- Community Guidelines (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201929730) -- Anti-Manipulation Policy for Customer Reviews (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201749630) -- About Promotional Content (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202094170) We cannot share any further information about this decision, and we may not reply to further emails about this issue. Review Moderator Amazon.com"

@Eric

This is the exact same letter I received today. The worst part is being defamed unfairly.

I just looked through my reviews and the last review I wrote was on August 28th where I actually mentioned I got a sample. I didn't even get the sample for free! It was one of those subscription sample boxes that you have to pay for. But even if you did review a product for which you got a sample, isn't it ok to review if you disclose you got it for free?

I see reviews like that all the time, especially the vine voice ones where they get products for free.

I just also noticed the letter mentions "relationship" as another violation, but I don't know any seller on amazon, let alone reviewed anything for anyone I know! So it can't be that either.

Just happened to me today. I went to review an LED laptop light that broke and I was told that I already reviewed that product (not) and my review was biased (?) I'm just a regular person, never received payment for reviews (I don't even know how that works).

Feels awful to have all of my hard work and helpful reviews erased.

Makes me feel icky about Amazon. I will have a hard time stomaching purchasing from them again, and I WAS a pretty big fan.

Had my reviews deleted as well. I did not have many as I do not review products that are so so.

So I only reviewed products that I either liked a lot (giving 5 starts, sometimes 4) or clear frauds.

My latest review was one star about a clear fraud where the quantity advertised does not correspond with what was being sent. So Amazon is just covering up their fraud.

@Former Amazon Customer

Now that I can not leave reviews will try to buy less often from them and will return even if slightly dissatisfied.

Machele

Reading the comments, it seems an awful lot of Amazon customers spend a great deal of money buying things from them and then writing reviews, which must take some valuable time from your earthly endeavors. Perhaps Amazon doesn't really like too many reviews that are not "excellent" due to sellers complaining that anything other than excellent affects their sales.

Amazon then "culls" the herd, so to speak by eliminating reviews from certain people.

Bottom line is that Amazon owns their site and allows reviews only at their pleasure. If you don't like a policy, then shop elsewhere.

@Machele

Yep. That's what I'm doing.

I canceled both my Prime, Unlimited and Audible accounts and removed all of my credit cards from Amazon's listing. I refuse to buy anything from them anymore even though I've made hundreds of Kindle Purchases and will look into getting a Nook for any future purposes.

I was never paid for a review or had any sort of relationship with a seller. I don't like being treated this way or punished for something that I didn't do.

@Machele

Amazon might own their website but reviews are part of their advertising. By deleting negative reviews they are effectively misrepresenting products and could be argued, and hopefully will be in some US court eventually, by doing so they are committing fraud.

Just because they own the site does not mean they could do whatever they want. With positive reviews deleting at least it is more difficult to accuse them of fraud. I know what I will do now.

Will just return for refund if unhappy about anything while in the past might have just left a review. And whenever possible will buy from ebay.

This just happened to me....