4K views
4.3
Turnaround Time

I have been an amazon customer since 2008 and have purchased many thousands items and have written just as many reviews of 4 stars or more. Those that I do not rate above three stars is due to quality or false statements made by the seller on the product being described.

Recently I received one of my many purchases and tried to write a review and was told that I violated the review guidelines. No where are any of my reviews available anymore. They are all gone. Here is a photo of the explanation that I get each time I try to write a review.

My helpful rating was 685.

I have tried to contact amazon without any success. No where on amazon website is there any option to contact customer service to ask for assistance why all my reviews were deleted.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Website.

Reason of review: Product reviews been deleted.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Could not find help on why all my product reviews were deleted.

Comments

Same thing happened to me, just realized it today. I've been writing reviews for years on Amazon and over 95% were 4 stars and up, so it's not because they were negative. Just wrong!

to Whit #1546673

Same thing happened to me. I have never purchased anything at a discount on Amazon or anywhere else...

my reviews were honest and genuine. I have been a customer since 2001. I am being punished for something I didn't do per Amazon I am not in good standing with the Amazon Community.

Screw them. I am going to Ebay.

I've also been cut off from reviewing on Amazon. I have always tried to be fair and balanced in my reviews.

My reviews have been up for a long time, so I'm baffled why they were deleted and why I've been cut off from reviewing. I tried calling customer service and emailing them, but to no avail. They won't change their mind, even though I never received any free products in exchange for positive reviews. The only free products I got was through Amazon Vine.

The Review Moderator was especially nasty to me. I've been a loyal customer since 1999. After receiving this nasty email from the Review Moderator, I felt it best to close my account and end my relationship with Amazon: "Hello, We have determined that you have violated our Community Guidelines. As a result, we have suppressed all of your reviews, and you will no longer be able to post community content on Amazon.

This includes Customer Reviews. Customer Reviews are meant to give customers unbiased product feedback from fellow shoppers. Because our goal is to provide Customer Reviews that help customers make informed purchase decisions, any accounts and reviews that could be viewed as advertising, promotional, or biased will be removed. Your community privileges may have been revoked for one or more of the following reasons: -- Elements of your account indicate a relationship to sellers, publishers, or other reviewers of the products you review.

-- Your reviews were posted in exchange for compensation, such as gift cards to purchase the product, product refunds, review swaps, or free or discounted products. -- You requested free or discounted products in exchange for reviews. We made this decision after carefully considering your account. This decision is final, and your community privileges will not be reinstated.

To learn more about our policies, please review the following on Amazon.com: -- Community Guidelines (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201929730) -- Anti-Manipulation Policy for Customer Reviews (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201749630) -- About Promotional Content (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202094170) We cannot share any further information about this decision, and we may not reply to further emails about this issue. Review Moderator Amazon.com"

to Eric #1577691

This is the exact same letter I received today. The worst part is being defamed unfairly.

I just looked through my reviews and the last review I wrote was on August 28th where I actually mentioned I got a sample. I didn't even get the sample for free! It was one of those subscription sample boxes that you have to pay for. But even if you did review a product for which you got a sample, isn't it ok to review if you disclose you got it for free?

I see reviews like that all the time, especially the vine voice ones where they get products for free.

I just also noticed the letter mentions "relationship" as another violation, but I don't know any seller on amazon, let alone reviewed anything for anyone I know! So it can't be that either.

Just happened to me today. I went to review an LED laptop light that broke and I was told that I already reviewed that product (not) and my review was biased (?) I'm just a regular person, never received payment for reviews (I don't even know how that works).

Feels awful to have all of my hard work and helpful reviews erased.

Makes me feel icky about Amazon. I will have a hard time stomaching purchasing from them again, and I WAS a pretty big fan.

Had my reviews deleted as well. I did not have many as I do not review products that are so so.

So I only reviewed products that I either liked a lot (giving 5 starts, sometimes 4) or clear frauds.

My latest review was one star about a clear fraud where the quantity advertised does not correspond with what was being sent. So Amazon is just covering up their fraud.

to Former Amazon Customer #1530990

Now that I can not leave reviews will try to buy less often from them and will return even if slightly dissatisfied.

h.kitchener

Reading the comments, it seems an awful lot of Amazon customers spend a great deal of money buying things from them and then writing reviews, which must take some valuable time from your earthly endeavors. Perhaps Amazon doesn't really like too many reviews that are not "excellent" due to sellers complaining that anything other than excellent affects their sales.

Amazon then "culls" the herd, so to speak by eliminating reviews from certain people.

Bottom line is that Amazon owns their site and allows reviews only at their pleasure. If you don't like a policy, then shop elsewhere.

to h.kitchener #1530846

Yep. That's what I'm doing.

I canceled both my Prime, Unlimited and Audible accounts and removed all of my credit cards from Amazon's listing. I refuse to buy anything from them anymore even though I've made hundreds of Kindle Purchases and will look into getting a Nook for any future purposes.

I was never paid for a review or had any sort of relationship with a seller. I don't like being treated this way or punished for something that I didn't do.

to h.kitchener #1530989

Amazon might own their website but reviews are part of their advertising. By deleting negative reviews they are effectively misrepresenting products and could be argued, and hopefully will be in some US court eventually, by doing so they are committing fraud.

Just because they own the site does not mean they could do whatever they want. With positive reviews deleting at least it is more difficult to accuse them of fraud. I know what I will do now.

Will just return for refund if unhappy about anything while in the past might have just left a review. And whenever possible will buy from ebay.

This just happened to me....

Same exact thing happened to me even though not one single review that I've made were biased. Not one.

Sane thing just happened to me, WTF.

I noticed yesterday I couldn't write any reviews and all my reviews were deleted as well. I only had 45 or so reviews.

I got the same message as you about biased relationship with a seller.(which I don't understand, I've never even talked to a seller apart from one checking a size on something I ordered like a year ago) This has to be some bug.

I hope they fix it. I called their customer service and they said that they would get back to me in 24-48 hours.

Same here. I have no idea what triggered this. All my reviews gone, not able to write reviews any more.

Bert23

I just had all of my reviews disappear on Amazon, back years and years. I now get a message I have an affiliation with a seller if I try to post a review.

I have absolutely no affiliation with any sellers on Amazon.

I had thought of contacting Amazon, but it seems that is a useless venture. I'm just amazed I received no communication from Amazon about why this happened.

How about you stop posting reviews for compensation, and do something more valuable with your time instead of posting reviews and while you at it how about you walk to the damn shops instead of purchasing *** online lazy bastards.

to YourLaanie #1525100

You live with me? you know my life?

As a product reviewing blogger I do not get paid by the manufacturers i get paid by traffic to my site not Amazon.

But since you know everything and can tell people how to live their life........ how do i increase my api?

I never claimed to be perfect! Yes, mass database searches can sweep up innocent reviews - that's certainly possible.

For the record, I did suggest that humans make the final call, guided by patterns found in the review database. The problem is huge, and that's not easy. Fakespot.com does it slightly different, and like any mass data collection effort, they have errors as well. If someone bought a product in the first 1-2 weeks of being sold (even though it had not gained popularity) and posted a glowing 5 star review alongside all the other 5 star reviews, that might be flagged.

However, when humans step into the picture, they tend to jump to conclusions, and they're the ones who delete an entire reviewer's history. Database queries only direct them where to look. When an obviously junk product gets 10 glowing reviews with a cluster of sales in the first 2 weeks, followed by a cluster of 5-star reviews, followed by a small trickle of sales resulting in "pissed consumers" who buy the product only to find out its junk and the reviews were all faked - that's when the humans flag all the offending reviewers for deletion. This has become such a problem that it's just not humanly possible to sort though each reviewer and say this review is real, but this one is fake - it's easier to just remove them all.

If some real & genuine reviews get tossed out with all the fake ones, it's unavoidable.Why are people upset about all this? It's not like you were PAID for those reviews, at least not by Amazon. It's not like you made money writing reviews? Or did you?Now, the merchants who encourage this behavior by sending paypal transactions back to the "honest reviewers" - they got hit were it hurt, in their payments from Amazon.

That's the half you don't see as reviewers.

The reviewers got off easy.Mr. SQL

to AMZN INFO SYS #1524306

Your comment of "All of you go cry me a river" seems at odds with your comment of "I never claimed to be perfect". Also something you fail to appreciate here is that reviewers take time and effort to write their reviews and are rightly proud of them.

They contribute to a community and buy from Amazon because they like that community element of following reviews of others and using those reviews to guide their own purchases.Your approximation that the only reason someone would do something is for monetary gain is perhaps a better reflection on your own character, and shouldn't therefore be used as a yardstick for measuring others.

Perhaps instead of jumping onto this thread and boasting about how good you are and causing distress to others "Seeing you all pissed off here makes me grin from ear to ear" you should work to improve your system, help those who have clearing been incorrectly targeted and be humble about the far less than perfect job you are doing. If Amazon want to remove every review then go do it, but don't dismiss genuine consumers as automatically being guilty of something simply because some broken code says so.