6.4K views
4.3

I have been an amazon customer since 2008 and have purchased many thousands items and have written just as many reviews of 4 stars or more. Those that I do not rate above three stars is due to quality or false statements made by the seller on the product being described.

Recently I received one of my many purchases and tried to write a review and was told that I violated the review guidelines. No where are any of my reviews available anymore. They are all gone. Here is a photo of the explanation that I get each time I try to write a review.

My helpful rating was 685.

I have tried to contact amazon without any success. No where on amazon website is there any option to contact customer service to ask for assistance why all my reviews were deleted.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Website.

Reason of review: Product reviews been deleted.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Amazon Cons: Could not find help on why all my product reviews were deleted.

Comments

@Heather N

Follow up one month later: After 2 different chats with Amazon help and waiting several weeks, my reviews were finally restored online. (Sort of) I can see all of them again under my Profile, but half of them now say they are "Hidden due to sensitivity filter." What?

The reviews are for common household items (multi-vitamin, hair color, toothpaste, etc) - not "sensitive" items at all. I re-read all my reviews, and there is absolutely nothing in the language (on my part) that could be considered sensitive, or derogatory, or inflammatory in any way. So.... I contacted them yet a 3rd time.

They agreed, my reviews were fine. So now they are looking into this and (supposedly) going to fix it. My advice is, if you put a lot of work and time into your reviews and you want to get them back, keep trying. It does take awhile, and may even take several chat sessions.

If not, it may not be worth all the effort.

I'm honestly on the fence as to whether I will review anything again, because it could just end up disappearing as well and I'm not sure how secure their reviewing system is right now lately. Sad, because i loved Amazon.

@PissedConsumer1598972

For those having trouble figuring out how to contact them to get their reviews fixed, their email links and Community links were useless to me (no response). I had better luck with Amazon Help Chat, but it took MUTLIPLE times.

Sign in to your account, then go to the bottom of their home screen. Follow these Links: Let Us Help you / Help / Browse Help topics / Need More Help? / Contact Us / Prime or Something Else / Select An Issue: More Non-Order Questions / Select Issue Details: Other Non-Order Question / Enter Short Summary of Issue (type something in) / How Would You Like Us To Contact You?

/ Chat This link will get you part of the way there: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=footer_gw_m_b_he?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510 Good luck. Hope this helps someone.

Same happened to me... as of today. I only ranked at 68,000 something but this is ridiculous.

@PissedConsumer1577888

Same happened to me. I had hundreds of reviews.

And can’t post anything.

Says I’m not in good standing. I don’t care if I can’t review stuff that much but I’m instulted.

I wonder if I reviewed a product from a seller that actually was giving out compensation in exchange for reviews, and then amazon just erroneously assumed that all the reviews were fake. If so, that's not fair that real reviewers are just getting scooped up and lumped in with the fake reviewers! Incredible how they can just make a final determination like that when they are clearly wrong since I know I've never written a fake review or gotten anything in exchange.

UPDATE: I just got an email saying I can no longer post anything because I violated their terms by receiving compensation in return for a review! I have never received any compensation in any form, discount, gift card, product, or anything at all!!!

I've been a customer since 2003 and most of my purchases are from amazon. I didn't even have THAT many reviews (like 100+) considering how much I buy from them. And the email said the decision is final! I just can't believe they can just accuse you of something and make that sort of determination when you are completely innocent of what they are accusing you of!

Clearly their process is flawed.

The best part is that amazon sanctions their own "Vine Voice" reviewers who actually get tons of free products in exchange for their reviews and you can see that those reviewers reviews are skewed. Unbelievable.

@PissedConsumer1577650

Yep, same here. I have done none of what I have been accused of, and yet the decision is final... Moving on to YouTube with my reviews...

I have the same issues, all reviews deleted the same day as yours! I have been online with Amazon trying to resolve it, but nobody has a clue. Any update?

It's not just about the reviews. I found out all my reviews disappeared when I tried to ask a question about a product on the product page of an item I was interested in purchasing.

It doesn't let me leave comments/questions to other reviews, and doesn't let you ask the community questions on the product page.

It said you must be in good standing to leave a comment/reviews. That's when I went to my profile and noticed all my reviews were gone.

Same thing happened to me. I just realized it this past week, but I don't know how long ago they deleted them since it's been a little while since I last wrote a review.

I contacted amazon 2x so far and they promised me someone will get back to me. Still waiting. I've been a customer since 2003 and wrote over 100 reviews and had a high helpful rating. I've never been paid or given any free products for my reviews.

I have no idea why this happened, except maybe a seller didn't like one of my reviews and reported it. I don't know. All my reviews have been truthful, honest, and well written. No profanity or anything like that.

I'm such a good amazon customer that they twice gave me free replacement Kindles after I called them trying to fix problems with mine after the warranty period ended. I never asked for them, wasn't angry or anything. They just tried to help me fix the problem, but after they couldn't, they offered me a free replacement!

I was surprised but grateful, of course. I can't help but think it must be some dishonest seller flagging my reviews or something like that.

You have to write to community-help@amazon.com and tell them what happened. I've did this 3 times and they have restored all my reviews, but a month later they were all gone again. Right now it's being investigated as to why it keeps happening to me.

Thanks anonymous! I actually just created a Squarespace website in about 20 minutes and started to make my first few dollars is from affiliate links and I'm adding more monetization from Pirate torrent sites! Thanks again my autistic friend!

@PissedConsumer1563465

WTF?

Who cares if your banal and lame reviews are removed... No one but you.

Are reviews the sum of your life?

If you want to review @#$# start a blog and monetize it by joining the Amazon affiliate program. At least you're getting paid this way and actually have something to show for it.

@PissedConsumer1562198

Holy crap! I'm now up to 2,500!!!!

Thanks random stranger! surely you're doing the same my not overweight at all autistic friend!

@PissedConsumer1562198

Dude thank you!!! I paid off my car loan!!!!

@PissedConsumer1562198

Holy crap now I'm.at 26k a day!

Same exact thing happened to me yesterday as well. I haven't even left a review for anything in months.

I received an email yesterday asking me to "Start reviewing your purchases" and when I clicked on it, it stated the same thing everyone else has posted. Yet it still lists myself in the top 2k reviewer catagory. Makes absolutely no sense. I don't even know who to contact.

Call customer service? Anyone here have any suggestions regarding who to contact?

@PissedConsumer1561327

Same thing has just happened to me. I went to Amazon Live Chat and spoke to someone, he's passed it on to the technical support and said I'd be emailed within 24 hours.

Okay, so it's not the end of the world, but I have been an Amazon customer for 10+ years and have left thousands of good reviews - I was their top 2k reviewer even o_O *** I love leaving my reviews! This is the message I keep getting when I try to post a review: Your previous review of this product did not comply with our Customer Reviews Guidelines. Amazon does not permit reviews from customers whose relationship to the product or seller may be perceived as biased. Biased??

Makes no sense! Also they have deleted every review I have left over the last decade or so!

Same thing happened to me ALL my reviews are gone and i cant leave a review for ANY product now. I just bought a ton of stuff and wanted to review the seller and the item and it wont let me leave any.