4K views
4.3
Turnaround Time

I have been an amazon customer since 2008 and have purchased many thousands items and have written just as many reviews of 4 stars or more. Those that I do not rate above three stars is due to quality or false statements made by the seller on the product being described.

Recently I received one of my many purchases and tried to write a review and was told that I violated the review guidelines. No where are any of my reviews available anymore. They are all gone. Here is a photo of the explanation that I get each time I try to write a review.

My helpful rating was 685.

I have tried to contact amazon without any success. No where on amazon website is there any option to contact customer service to ask for assistance why all my reviews were deleted.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Website.

Reason of review: Product reviews been deleted.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Could not find help on why all my product reviews were deleted.

Comments

Thanks anonymous! I actually just created a Squarespace website in about 20 minutes and started to make my first few dollars is from affiliate links and I'm adding more monetization from Pirate torrent sites! Thanks again my autistic friend!

to Anonymous #1595198

WTF?

Who cares if your banal and lame reviews are removed... No one but you.

Are reviews the sum of your life?

If you want to review @#$# start a blog and monetize it by joining the Amazon affiliate program. At least you're getting paid this way and actually have something to show for it.

to Anonymous #1565671

Holy crap! I'm now up to 2,500!!!!

Thanks random stranger! surely you're doing the same my not overweight at all autistic friend!

to Anonymous #1569523

Dude thank you!!! I paid off my car loan!!!!

to Anonymous #1570166

Holy crap now I'm.at 26k a day!

Same exact thing happened to me yesterday as well. I haven't even left a review for anything in months.

I received an email yesterday asking me to "Start reviewing your purchases" and when I clicked on it, it stated the same thing everyone else has posted. Yet it still lists myself in the top 2k reviewer catagory. Makes absolutely no sense. I don't even know who to contact.

Call customer service? Anyone here have any suggestions regarding who to contact?

to KK #1569903

Same thing has just happened to me. I went to Amazon Live Chat and spoke to someone, he's passed it on to the technical support and said I'd be emailed within 24 hours.

Okay, so it's not the end of the world, but I have been an Amazon customer for 10+ years and have left thousands of good reviews - I was their top 2k reviewer even o_O *** I love leaving my reviews! This is the message I keep getting when I try to post a review: Your previous review of this product did not comply with our Customer Reviews Guidelines. Amazon does not permit reviews from customers whose relationship to the product or seller may be perceived as biased. Biased??

Makes no sense! Also they have deleted every review I have left over the last decade or so!

Same thing happened to me ALL my reviews are gone and i cant leave a review for ANY product now. I just bought a ton of stuff and wanted to review the seller and the item and it wont let me leave any.

They’ll erase your reviews and prevent you from reviewing any products going forward, but you’re still free to purchase from their site without obstruction. So, I suppose, Amazon now more effectively mirrors life: shut up and give us your money.

Happened to me too. I had over 100 reviews and amazon deleted all of them.

To be honest I reviewed in batches, 20-30 in one go. So Im guessing their robot picked up a strange patterned and deleted all of them.

So I contacted them and they told me to wait for 24 hours. Will see what happens.

prettymomma8425

My reviewer ranking is 8,500 and something. I had the same problem.

Not only do I review novels, I review things I purchase as well. Yesterday I tried to review an item I bought and got the same message. All of my reviews and helpful votes are gone, and I can't review nothing. Amazon is no help.

I had over a thousand of review and busted my butt writing them, all for nothing. I can't figure out what to do. Reviewing was my hobby, and all of my hard work down the drain. All of my reviews, and helpful votes disappeared.

I am so mad with amazon, I don't even want to use it any more. A lot of honest reviewers are being removed.

to prettymomma8425 #1563880

Same thing happened to me. I use discount sites like vipon and Snagshout that discount items but I also purchase full price.

Amazon community guidelines state that you cannot review an item that you’ve received for free or for compensation or for a company you are affiliated with, for an author you are affiliated with etc. Not only have I meticulously followed these rules, (despite being offered free things on a daily basis from sellers) I had climbed to the top 2k reviewers. This took me some 9 years or so. Reviews are my hobby, all of my reviews are honest and I rarely review anything I get at a discount anyway.

Even so, discounted items can be reviewed as long as they are not free as stated in the review guidelines. If I receive a discounted item, and the item is bad, I leave an honest review. I still paid for the item, usually at close to full cost and I’m just as upset as anyone if the item is poor quality. But I also buy things without a discount all the time.

I review those pretty often, including pictures, videos etc. I’ve literally put hundreds of hours into this and I am so pissed! I contacted amazon and was told to wait 24 hours for an email.

I don’t think I’m getting my reviews back. And I’m wondering exactly what the incentive is for people to follow these guidelines if honest reviewers have all their reviews deleted.

I’m doing hard research and it looks like eufy/Anker is involved in latest rounds of “violating “ customers. I did buy an eufy and tried (unsuccessfully) to review- then got banned. Anybody else???

to BLM #1577667

I have bought computer batteries from Anker in the past. I think I've left reviews or a review, but I never got anything from Anker in return! I bought full price from amazon.

I was #9000. Just happened to me for the “relationship “ issue which is total BS

Just has all my reviews deleted too, no answer given after repeatedly asking why. I had done well over a thousand reviews.

FertileCarp998

I've had a review pulled and I'm not happy about the defamatory slur that I am a bad actor who leaves fake reviews. I understand that Amazon need to *** out fake reviews but their algorithms aren't fit for purpose.

Genuine reviews are getting deleted by the boatload and this alters the balance of fake:genuine reviews in favour of the fake ones. This leaves the whole review system even more broken than before, unfairly targets small artists and authors and misuses customer data. I've had enough of Amazon's high handed customer disservice and I'm boycotting them unless and until they fix this.

I've written an open letter to Jeff Bezos but so far Amazon simply don't care. https://thereforeithink2.wordpress.com/2018/08/16/open-letter-to-jeff-bezos/

Just happened to me. I never got paid to leave a review..

beside someone sending me a product to review honestly which I stated in my review.

If it wasn’t aloud just tell me and don’t delete every I ever posted.. I spent my time trying to help amazon by reviewing everything I purchased which was a lot...

to Monca27 #1537072