4K views
4.3
Turnaround Time

I have been an amazon customer since 2008 and have purchased many thousands items and have written just as many reviews of 4 stars or more. Those that I do not rate above three stars is due to quality or false statements made by the seller on the product being described.

Recently I received one of my many purchases and tried to write a review and was told that I violated the review guidelines. No where are any of my reviews available anymore. They are all gone. Here is a photo of the explanation that I get each time I try to write a review.

My helpful rating was 685.

I have tried to contact amazon without any success. No where on amazon website is there any option to contact customer service to ask for assistance why all my reviews were deleted.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Website.

Reason of review: Product reviews been deleted.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Could not find help on why all my product reviews were deleted.

Comments

to Kelly pettersen #1619507

Same thing happened to me! Just like you, long time Prime customer who has spent thousands on their site.

I'm so mad!! None of my reviews violated any rules.

My last review was a bad review of the Ring doorbell and now I can't leave a review and all my previous ones are deleted. Argghhh

They did this to me too: suddenly deleted all 589 of my 93% helpful reviews posted on Amazon.com since 2007 under the screen name Wood B. Hermit.

The vast majority of my postings were for products purchased from Amazon - no incentivized reviews. I had been ranked as high as in the top 200 reviewers in the past, right in the 400 to 500 range when completely banned from the Amazon Community at the end of September 2018. Many of my product reviews were long, detailed and quite popular. No warning, no indication that anything was wrong beforehand is a pretty shabby and extremely insulting way to teat a good customer for the past 23 years!

What an absolutely wonderful "customer-centric" company is Amazon.com. It appears that Amazon now prefers the plethora of extremely succinct, uninformative reviews that are popping up allover their website: "great product", "buy this 5-star product", "wonderful" and the like. What is especially disturbing is that no specific reason/explanation is every given in the message sent by Amazon Review Moderation. It's somewhat like a Kafkaesque police state in which the Review Gestapo claims to know that you have done something wrong , but will not tell you to what is really going on, no chance to defend yourself (We never make mistakes!), assuming that a defense is needed.

Even if community privileges were unexpectedly restored at some unspecified time in the future, it is highly unlikely that I would ever post another review on their site; this might happen again. I have been an Amazon customer since 1995 and will within the next 30 days be terminating my business relationship with them. Amazon's attitude towards me: "Shut up, but keep giving us your money!" is completely unacceptable. Walmart.com and other online retailers - here I come!

Amazon's loss is their gain! Since the end of September 2018, I did escalate this matter by calling Amazon, through online community help and finally I also wrote Jeff Bezos (jeff@amazon.com). I received my final, still completely uninformative notice from Amazon today (10/22/20180) and am including a copy below. Isn't it nice how they can't even bother to enter my name?

They must be sending out a large number of these canned responses at an alarming pace if they don't have the time to do something as simple as that. >> Amazon.com A Message from Amazon Review Moderation Hello, I am a member of the Amazon.com Product Review Abuse team. Jeff Bezos received your email and requested that I research this issue and respond on his behalf. We determined that you have violated the Amazon Community Guidelines.

As a result, we have suppressed all of your reviews, and you will no longer be able to post reviews on Amazon.com. Customer Reviews are meant to give customers unbiased product feedback from fellow shoppers. Because our goal is to provide Customer Reviews that help customers make informed purchase decisions, any reviews that could be viewed as advertising, promotional, or biased will not be posted. Your community privileges may have been revoked for one or more of the following reasons: -- Elements of your account indicate a relationship to sellers, publishers, or other reviewers of the products you review.

-- Your reviews were posted in exchange for compensation, such as gift cards to purchase the product, product refunds, review swaps, or free or discounted products. -- You requested free or discounted products in exchange for reviews. Learn more about this policy in Seller Central Help -- Community Guidelines (https://www.amazon.com/review-guidelines) -- Anti-Manipulation Policy for Customer Reviews (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201749630) -- About Promotional Content (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202094170) We made this decision after carefully considering your account. This decision is final, and your community privileges will not be reinstated.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide any further information at this time. Review Moderator Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com

to Wood B. Hermit #1587455

NOTE: For those looking for additional information on the great Amazon reviewer purge which apparently has been underway since 2016, see the Amazon Purge List on Reddit - just google it if you don't already use the app. And there is also an ongoing thread specifically on this topic in the Amazon Reviewers group on Goodreads. Hope this helps!

to Wood B. Hermit #1596668

Agree. Totally.

Exact same thing happened to me. What a shame that they have become so huge that they no longer need good paying, loyal, honest customers like us. It is infuriating. I did everything but write Bezos.

I didn't know where or how to do that. But my repeated questions and complaints finally, after about 8 months, elicited the same no name form letter email that you received. I am disgusted.

I was hoping there were enough of us to band together and do something to change this, but I don't see it yet. Maybe some day....

to Pepper #1598777

There appear to be a great many victims, almost every day there are more names added to "r/The Great AmazonPurge" on Reddit. I am sorry to see that the Amazon hit man also eliminated all of you.

Another email address that you may want to try before tossing in the towel and taking your business elsewhere is the following: "ecr@amazon.com" (ECR as in Executive Customer Relations). For those wanting to discuss or commiserate on matters related to Amazon.com, I can be contacted through my former Amazon reviewer email address: "elected_silence@hotmail.com".

They just keep sending me the same canned response. I order almost everything on Amazon.

My husband already started ordering less from them because of what they are becoming, too much into our lives. After this, I am so upset I am just going to start ordering more from Walmart. the dynamic pricing on Amazon changes constantly anyway so it's harder to get the best price nowadays. Walmart is consistent.

Walmart also has a better return policy and you can just return at any Walmart store. Congratulations Amazon, this is your doing, and for what? Falsely accusing good, loyal customers of wrongdoing. I'malso canceling the 2-year protection plan on my Kindle I just bought.

I don't plan on being loyal anymore. If it breaks before the two years I'm getting something else.

to Kindle Customer #1578903

Also Bed Bath & Beyond has a new membership program where you get 20% off of everything everyday and free shipping. Bed Bath & Beyond also has a better return policy than Amazon. You can return anything years after you bought it even to a store.

BelatedHalibut

Same thing happened to me this week. I noticed one day all my reviews were gone!

I contacted Amazon via chat and they assured me it would be escalated to another team and fixed. I have never violated Amazon's review policies and always try to write professional reviews with lots of pictures and helpful info. I also do not receive anything for free and it's all purchased with my actual Amazon credit card, so they could easily verify every single purchase I've made. I dont review books, so not related to or friends with any authors.

Update: This morning I get a canned response saying I "violated their review policy" and that all my reviews were deleted and I can never post reviews again. Also, they say they cannot discuss it further and will not respond to replies. Seriously? Maybe because there is no actual violation and you have no legitimate reason you can use to explain your actions?

All that came AFTER having a very positive chat session with Amazon Help on how they were going to fix my account, had copies of all my reviews saved, etc. My take on it all... maybe it's not Amazon deleting them at all. Maybe they've been hacked and they really can't figure out why it's happening.

So now I have to wonder if my account is compromised. Why would they delete legitimate reviews when they allow "Vine Voices" and affiliate clicks? It sounds like they are deleting reviews from many people who have legitimately purchased and reviewed 100's - 1000's of products, yet Amazon doesn't really even care about losing these loyal customers. I write reviews as a way of giving back and to try and help other buyers make informed decisions about purchases, because let's face it, not everyone has a huge disposable income.

I know I personally will sometimes read every single review before making a big ticket purchase, because I'm currently on disability. Sorry Amazon, but something smells fishy here and it ain't the seaweed wraps you sell.

BelatedHalibut
to BelatedHalibut #1578234

P.S. I also do not write tons of negative reviews.

Only seller I ever gave a 1 star negative was an overseas scammer - sold one thing and shipped a completely different item. They had 0 reviews when I purchased and I wwnt back to warn other buyers.

When, I came back, sadly they now had huge pile of negatives built up from multiple buyers who received cheap knockoff sunglasses instead of NFL sweatshirts they ordered and paid for. Most of my reviews are 4 to 5 stars.

to BelatedHalibut #1598972

Follow up one month later: After 2 different chats with Amazon help and waiting several weeks, my reviews were finally restored online. (Sort of) I can see all of them again under my Profile, but half of them now say they are "Hidden due to sensitivity filter." What?

The reviews are for common household items (multi-vitamin, hair color, toothpaste, etc) - not "sensitive" items at all. I re-read all my reviews, and there is absolutely nothing in the language (on my part) that could be considered sensitive, or derogatory, or inflammatory in any way. So.... I contacted them yet a 3rd time.

They agreed, my reviews were fine. So now they are looking into this and (supposedly) going to fix it. My advice is, if you put a lot of work and time into your reviews and you want to get them back, keep trying. It does take awhile, and may even take several chat sessions.

If not, it may not be worth all the effort.

I'm honestly on the fence as to whether I will review anything again, because it could just end up disappearing as well and I'm not sure how secure their reviewing system is right now lately. Sad, because i loved Amazon.

to Belated Halibut #1598990

For those having trouble figuring out how to contact them to get their reviews fixed, their email links and Community links were useless to me (no response). I had better luck with Amazon Help Chat, but it took MUTLIPLE times.

Sign in to your account, then go to the bottom of their home screen. Follow these Links: Let Us Help you / Help / Browse Help topics / Need More Help? / Contact Us / Prime or Something Else / Select An Issue: More Non-Order Questions / Select Issue Details: Other Non-Order Question / Enter Short Summary of Issue (type something in) / How Would You Like Us To Contact You?

/ Chat This link will get you part of the way there: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=footer_gw_m_b_he?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510 Good luck. Hope this helps someone.

Same happened to me... as of today. I only ranked at 68,000 something but this is ridiculous.

to Anonymous #1583733

Same happened to me. I had hundreds of reviews.

And can’t post anything.

Says I’m not in good standing. I don’t care if I can’t review stuff that much but I’m instulted.

I wonder if I reviewed a product from a seller that actually was giving out compensation in exchange for reviews, and then amazon just erroneously assumed that all the reviews were fake. If so, that's not fair that real reviewers are just getting scooped up and lumped in with the fake reviewers! Incredible how they can just make a final determination like that when they are clearly wrong since I know I've never written a fake review or gotten anything in exchange.

UPDATE: I just got an email saying I can no longer post anything because I violated their terms by receiving compensation in return for a review! I have never received any compensation in any form, discount, gift card, product, or anything at all!!!

I've been a customer since 2003 and most of my purchases are from amazon. I didn't even have THAT many reviews (like 100+) considering how much I buy from them. And the email said the decision is final! I just can't believe they can just accuse you of something and make that sort of determination when you are completely innocent of what they are accusing you of!

Clearly their process is flawed.

The best part is that amazon sanctions their own "Vine Voice" reviewers who actually get tons of free products in exchange for their reviews and you can see that those reviewers reviews are skewed. Unbelievable.

to Kindle Customer #1578610

Yep, same here. I have done none of what I have been accused of, and yet the decision is final... Moving on to YouTube with my reviews...

I have the same issues, all reviews deleted the same day as yours! I have been online with Amazon trying to resolve it, but nobody has a clue. Any update?

It's not just about the reviews. I found out all my reviews disappeared when I tried to ask a question about a product on the product page of an item I was interested in purchasing.

It doesn't let me leave comments/questions to other reviews, and doesn't let you ask the community questions on the product page.

It said you must be in good standing to leave a comment/reviews. That's when I went to my profile and noticed all my reviews were gone.

Same thing happened to me. I just realized it this past week, but I don't know how long ago they deleted them since it's been a little while since I last wrote a review.

I contacted amazon 2x so far and they promised me someone will get back to me. Still waiting. I've been a customer since 2003 and wrote over 100 reviews and had a high helpful rating. I've never been paid or given any free products for my reviews.

I have no idea why this happened, except maybe a seller didn't like one of my reviews and reported it. I don't know. All my reviews have been truthful, honest, and well written. No profanity or anything like that.

I'm such a good amazon customer that they twice gave me free replacement Kindles after I called them trying to fix problems with mine after the warranty period ended. I never asked for them, wasn't angry or anything. They just tried to help me fix the problem, but after they couldn't, they offered me a free replacement!

I was surprised but grateful, of course. I can't help but think it must be some dishonest seller flagging my reviews or something like that.

You have to write to community-help@amazon.com and tell them what happened. I've did this 3 times and they have restored all my reviews, but a month later they were all gone again. Right now it's being investigated as to why it keeps happening to me.