3.3K views
4.3
Turnaround Time

I have been an amazon customer since 2008 and have purchased many thousands items and have written just as many reviews of 4 stars or more. Those that I do not rate above three stars is due to quality or false statements made by the seller on the product being described.

Recently I received one of my many purchases and tried to write a review and was told that I violated the review guidelines. No where are any of my reviews available anymore. They are all gone. Here is a photo of the explanation that I get each time I try to write a review.

My helpful rating was 685.

I have tried to contact amazon without any success. No where on amazon website is there any option to contact customer service to ask for assistance why all my reviews were deleted.

Review about: Amazon Website.

Reason of review: Product reviews been deleted.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Could not find help on why all my product reviews were deleted.

Comments

They just keep sending me the same canned response. I order almost everything on Amazon.

My husband already started ordering less from them because of what they are becoming, too much into our lives. After this, I am so upset I am just going to start ordering more from Walmart. the dynamic pricing on Amazon changes constantly anyway so it's harder to get the best price nowadays. Walmart is consistent.

Walmart also has a better return policy and you can just return at any Walmart store. Congratulations Amazon, this is your doing, and for what? Falsely accusing good, loyal customers of wrongdoing. I'malso canceling the 2-year protection plan on my Kindle I just bought.

I don't plan on being loyal anymore. If it breaks before the two years I'm getting something else.

to Kindle Customer #1578903

Also Bed Bath & Beyond has a new membership program where you get 20% off of everything everyday and free shipping. Bed Bath & Beyond also has a better return policy than Amazon. You can return anything years after you bought it even to a store.

BelatedHalibut

Same thing happened to me this week. I noticed one day all my reviews were gone!

I contacted Amazon via chat and they assured me it would be escalated to another team and fixed. I have never violated Amazon's review policies and always try to write professional reviews with lots of pictures and helpful info. I also do not receive anything for free and it's all purchased with my actual Amazon credit card, so they could easily verify every single purchase I've made. I dont review books, so not related to or friends with any authors.

Update: This morning I get a canned response saying I "violated their review policy" and that all my reviews were deleted and I can never post reviews again. Also, they say they cannot discuss it further and will not respond to replies. Seriously? Maybe because there is no actual violation and you have no legitimate reason you can use to explain your actions?

All that came AFTER having a very positive chat session with Amazon Help on how they were going to fix my account, had copies of all my reviews saved, etc. My take on it all... maybe it's not Amazon deleting them at all. Maybe they've been hacked and they really can't figure out why it's happening.

So now I have to wonder if my account is compromised. Why would they delete legitimate reviews when they allow "Vine Voices" and affiliate clicks? It sounds like they are deleting reviews from many people who have legitimately purchased and reviewed 100's - 1000's of products, yet Amazon doesn't really even care about losing these loyal customers. I write reviews as a way of giving back and to try and help other buyers make informed decisions about purchases, because let's face it, not everyone has a huge disposable income.

I know I personally will sometimes read every single review before making a big ticket purchase, because I'm currently on disability. Sorry Amazon, but something smells fishy here and it ain't the seaweed wraps you sell.

BelatedHalibut
to BelatedHalibut #1578234

P.S. I also do not write tons of negative reviews.

Only seller I ever gave a 1 star negative was an overseas scammer - sold one thing and shipped a completely different item. They had 0 reviews when I purchased and I wwnt back to warn other buyers.

When, I came back, sadly they now had huge pile of negatives built up from multiple buyers who received cheap knockoff sunglasses instead of NFL sweatshirts they ordered and paid for. Most of my reviews are 4 to 5 stars.

Same happened to me... as of today. I only ranked at 68,000 something but this is ridiculous.

to Anonymous #1583733

Same happened to me. I had hundreds of reviews.

And can’t post anything.

Says I’m not in good standing. I don’t care if I can’t review stuff that much but I’m instulted.

I wonder if I reviewed a product from a seller that actually was giving out compensation in exchange for reviews, and then amazon just erroneously assumed that all the reviews were fake. If so, that's not fair that real reviewers are just getting scooped up and lumped in with the fake reviewers! Incredible how they can just make a final determination like that when they are clearly wrong since I know I've never written a fake review or gotten anything in exchange.

UPDATE: I just got an email saying I can no longer post anything because I violated their terms by receiving compensation in return for a review! I have never received any compensation in any form, discount, gift card, product, or anything at all!!!

I've been a customer since 2003 and most of my purchases are from amazon. I didn't even have THAT many reviews (like 100+) considering how much I buy from them. And the email said the decision is final! I just can't believe they can just accuse you of something and make that sort of determination when you are completely innocent of what they are accusing you of!

Clearly their process is flawed.

The best part is that amazon sanctions their own "Vine Voice" reviewers who actually get tons of free products in exchange for their reviews and you can see that those reviewers reviews are skewed. Unbelievable.

to Kindle Customer #1578610

Yep, same here. I have done none of what I have been accused of, and yet the decision is final... Moving on to YouTube with my reviews...

I have the same issues, all reviews deleted the same day as yours! I have been online with Amazon trying to resolve it, but nobody has a clue. Any update?

It's not just about the reviews. I found out all my reviews disappeared when I tried to ask a question about a product on the product page of an item I was interested in purchasing.

It doesn't let me leave comments/questions to other reviews, and doesn't let you ask the community questions on the product page.

It said you must be in good standing to leave a comment/reviews. That's when I went to my profile and noticed all my reviews were gone.

Same thing happened to me. I just realized it this past week, but I don't know how long ago they deleted them since it's been a little while since I last wrote a review.

I contacted amazon 2x so far and they promised me someone will get back to me. Still waiting. I've been a customer since 2003 and wrote over 100 reviews and had a high helpful rating. I've never been paid or given any free products for my reviews.

I have no idea why this happened, except maybe a seller didn't like one of my reviews and reported it. I don't know. All my reviews have been truthful, honest, and well written. No profanity or anything like that.

I'm such a good amazon customer that they twice gave me free replacement Kindles after I called them trying to fix problems with mine after the warranty period ended. I never asked for them, wasn't angry or anything. They just tried to help me fix the problem, but after they couldn't, they offered me a free replacement!

I was surprised but grateful, of course. I can't help but think it must be some dishonest seller flagging my reviews or something like that.

You have to write to community-help@amazon.com and tell them what happened. I've did this 3 times and they have restored all my reviews, but a month later they were all gone again. Right now it's being investigated as to why it keeps happening to me.

Thanks anonymous! I actually just created a Squarespace website in about 20 minutes and started to make my first few dollars is from affiliate links and I'm adding more monetization from Pirate torrent sites! Thanks again my autistic friend!

Who cares if your banal and lame reviews are removed... No one but you.

Are reviews the sum of your life?

If you want to review @#$# start a blog and monetize it by joining the Amazon affiliate program. At least you're getting paid this way and actually have something to show for it.

to Anonymous #1565671

Holy crap! I'm now up to 2,500!!!!

Thanks random stranger! surely you're doing the same my not overweight at all autistic friend!

to Anonymous #1569523

Dude thank you!!! I paid off my car loan!!!!

to Anonymous #1570166

Holy crap now I'm.at 26k a day!

Same exact thing happened to me yesterday as well. I haven't even left a review for anything in months.

I received an email yesterday asking me to "Start reviewing your purchases" and when I clicked on it, it stated the same thing everyone else has posted. Yet it still lists myself in the top 2k reviewer catagory. Makes absolutely no sense. I don't even know who to contact.

Call customer service? Anyone here have any suggestions regarding who to contact?

to KK #1569903

Same thing has just happened to me. I went to Amazon Live Chat and spoke to someone, he's passed it on to the technical support and said I'd be emailed within 24 hours.

Okay, so it's not the end of the world, but I have been an Amazon customer for 10+ years and have left thousands of good reviews - I was their top 2k reviewer even o_O *** I love leaving my reviews! This is the message I keep getting when I try to post a review: Your previous review of this product did not comply with our Customer Reviews Guidelines. Amazon does not permit reviews from customers whose relationship to the product or seller may be perceived as biased. Biased??

Makes no sense! Also they have deleted every review I have left over the last decade or so!