3.8K views
4.3
Turnaround Time

I have been an amazon customer since 2008 and have purchased many thousands items and have written just as many reviews of 4 stars or more. Those that I do not rate above three stars is due to quality or false statements made by the seller on the product being described.

Recently I received one of my many purchases and tried to write a review and was told that I violated the review guidelines. No where are any of my reviews available anymore. They are all gone. Here is a photo of the explanation that I get each time I try to write a review.

My helpful rating was 685.

I have tried to contact amazon without any success. No where on amazon website is there any option to contact customer service to ask for assistance why all my reviews were deleted.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Website.

Reason of review: Product reviews been deleted.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Could not find help on why all my product reviews were deleted.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 05.

Comments

My reviews were deleted about 2 months ago, I got the same response from Amazon that I violated the policy. All of a sudden, a week ago I found all my reviews visible and active.

I can now post reviews (even though Amzn said that I would never be allowed to do so). Very strange, maybe a glitch in their system with reinstatement.

to Jennifer #1606341

Were you reinstated unexpectedly, completely out of the blue, or had you contacted Amazon (Jeff Bezos, etc.) at least once before about the problem of your deleted reviews?

Me too, they accuse me of violating community guidelines, i.e. getting paid for reviewing, or incentives, which is patently false, and insulting!

Member since '04. Countless reviews and helpful votes. Contacted the reviews appeals Dept, they review my case, respond in email but no specific details on my alleged infractions...

Google this topic I found they are doing large scale crackdown, reviews mentioning alt sites/prices (like eBay) seems to be the only one I have possibly violated. Way to go disrespectful to long time customers!

to Lara Alexander #1596653

Same thing happened to me. I FINALLY got a review, after a year of trying to find out what I did wrong --since reading all their rules provided no insight that I violated anything.

My review ended up being the same thing they sent the first time. All they said was I violated one of their rules and this ruling can not be changed. I am sincerely offended, irritated and want to stop doing business with them. I buy a lot from Amazon.

Shame on them.

Why treat good customers this way, especially without telling them exactly, EXACTLY what they've done wrong, instead of some vague response from a no name person at Amazon who apparently could care less about the business. I guess they have way, way, way too many customers to care about a few.

Has anyone seen this? Amazon is the biggest scammer out there: https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/16/17867358/amazon-investigation-employee-seller-bribery-internal-data-deleting-negative-reviews

Maybe if we all band together and tell Amazon to go **** themselves, they'll think twice about what they're doing. I doubt it though.

Unfortunately, we're really just a drop in the bucket to Amazon and Jeff Bezos. They don't give one **** about us little guys. Bezos is the world's richest man now and trying to rule the world , so why should he care?

He doesn't. Not one bit.

I just got this message tonight! “Sorry, we are unable to accept your review.

You are no longer permitted to review products on Amazon because you have violated our Community Guidelines.” My reviewer rating was 3,000 out of what must be millions of people. My helpful rating was 1,085 But now all my reviews and votes are wiped clean!!! I’ve never submitted anything other than honest reviews, I’ve never said anything unkind to anyone I’ve been a prime member for years and spend thousands a year on amazon I also recommend them constantly I’m so confused hurt insulted and dumbfounded Especially since I see problems they should be addressing but donot like product changes on listings with reviews for a different item so customers think a product has a high rating but in reality it hasn’t been reviewed once! Also every seller on their from China will contact you if you leave a review of 3 stars or lower and offer you a full refund if you’ll delete it!!

There’s also a lot of products that they cut off reviewing for “due to suspicious activity “ yet there’s no such activity in the reviews it has thus far.

Those are three huge problems that prevent customers from getting honest info that amazon isn’t doing anything about. Yet they are banning good customers from further reviews and wiping us out like we never existed

to Kelly pettersen #1595190

The same thing happened to me. I spend sometimes $500 a month or more on Amazon only to be treated like this?

What the heck? I've never been nasty or mean to anyone, nor have I ever left a fake review. They just made this decision and we have to accept it. On one hand I want to say who cares, but like you or someone else said, we can't alert people when we get shorted or receive a defective product.

On many occasions I've left a review stating the issue and the seller has replaced the item for free. This is what they SHOULD do.

I'm just beyond upset. I spend a lot of darn money to Amazon.

to Bailey #1595208

It is actually a big issue and Amazon are not listening. They are deleting genuine reviews and leaving fake ones standing.

This actually means that the website favours scammers so it's not a safe place to shop. No-one at Amazon is listening, we need to make the world aware of the issue via social media and contacting business websites and publications.

Until there's a mass of people complaining, Amazon won't do a thing. #amazonispastitsprime

to Bailey #1596664

Me too. Me too.

See above responses. Very. Same. Thing.

I wish we could unite and fix this problem. Maybe there are enough of us.

Maybe ??? I know they are huge, but to treat good paying, responsive, fair minded customers this way is just shameful.

to Kelly pettersen #1596662

Same thing happened to me a year ago. I am go disgusted with Amazon's treatment of good people, great customers, and good reviewers that I would love to tell them to @#&% off, but it would not do any good.

They are now too big, have too many other customers.

and employees that have some power and do the wrong thing with it. I can only hope that they either wake up very soon, or that they are treated the same way they are treating us.

They did this to me too: suddenly deleted all 589 of my 93% helpful reviews posted on Amazon.com since 2007 under the screen name Wood B. Hermit.

The vast majority of my postings were for products purchased from Amazon - no incentivized reviews. I had been ranked as high as in the top 200 reviewers in the past, right in the 400 to 500 range when completely banned from the Amazon Community at the end of September 2018. Many of my product reviews were long, detailed and quite popular. No warning, no indication that anything was wrong beforehand is a pretty shabby and extremely insulting way to teat a good customer for the past 23 years!

What an absolutely wonderful "customer-centric" company is Amazon.com. It appears that Amazon now prefers the plethora of extremely succinct, uninformative reviews that are popping up allover their website: "great product", "buy this 5-star product", "wonderful" and the like. What is especially disturbing is that no specific reason/explanation is every given in the message sent by Amazon Review Moderation. It's somewhat like a Kafkaesque police state in which the Review Gestapo claims to know that you have done something wrong , but will not tell you to what is really going on, no chance to defend yourself (We never make mistakes!), assuming that a defense is needed.

Even if community privileges were unexpectedly restored at some unspecified time in the future, it is highly unlikely that I would ever post another review on their site; this might happen again. I have been an Amazon customer since 1995 and will within the next 30 days be terminating my business relationship with them. Amazon's attitude towards me: "Shut up, but keep giving us your money!" is completely unacceptable. Walmart.com and other online retailers - here I come!

Amazon's loss is their gain! Since the end of September 2018, I did escalate this matter by calling Amazon, through online community help and finally I also wrote Jeff Bezos (jeff@amazon.com). I received my final, still completely uninformative notice from Amazon today (10/22/20180) and am including a copy below. Isn't it nice how they can't even bother to enter my name?

They must be sending out a large number of these canned responses at an alarming pace if they don't have the time to do something as simple as that. >> Amazon.com A Message from Amazon Review Moderation Hello, I am a member of the Amazon.com Product Review Abuse team. Jeff Bezos received your email and requested that I research this issue and respond on his behalf. We determined that you have violated the Amazon Community Guidelines.

As a result, we have suppressed all of your reviews, and you will no longer be able to post reviews on Amazon.com. Customer Reviews are meant to give customers unbiased product feedback from fellow shoppers. Because our goal is to provide Customer Reviews that help customers make informed purchase decisions, any reviews that could be viewed as advertising, promotional, or biased will not be posted. Your community privileges may have been revoked for one or more of the following reasons: -- Elements of your account indicate a relationship to sellers, publishers, or other reviewers of the products you review.

-- Your reviews were posted in exchange for compensation, such as gift cards to purchase the product, product refunds, review swaps, or free or discounted products. -- You requested free or discounted products in exchange for reviews. Learn more about this policy in Seller Central Help -- Community Guidelines (https://www.amazon.com/review-guidelines) -- Anti-Manipulation Policy for Customer Reviews (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201749630) -- About Promotional Content (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202094170) We made this decision after carefully considering your account. This decision is final, and your community privileges will not be reinstated.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide any further information at this time. Review Moderator Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com

to Wood B. Hermit #1587455

NOTE: For those looking for additional information on the great Amazon reviewer purge which apparently has been underway since 2016, see the Amazon Purge List on Reddit - just google it if you don't already use the app. And there is also an ongoing thread specifically on this topic in the Amazon Reviewers group on Goodreads. Hope this helps!

to Wood B. Hermit #1596668

Agree. Totally.

Exact same thing happened to me. What a shame that they have become so huge that they no longer need good paying, loyal, honest customers like us. It is infuriating. I did everything but write Bezos.

I didn't know where or how to do that. But my repeated questions and complaints finally, after about 8 months, elicited the same no name form letter email that you received. I am disgusted.

I was hoping there were enough of us to band together and do something to change this, but I don't see it yet. Maybe some day....

to Pepper #1598777

There appear to be a great many victims, almost every day there are more names added to "r/The Great AmazonPurge" on Reddit. I am sorry to see that the Amazon hit man also eliminated all of you.

Another email address that you may want to try before tossing in the towel and taking your business elsewhere is the following: "ecr@amazon.com" (ECR as in Executive Customer Relations). For those wanting to discuss or commiserate on matters related to Amazon.com, I can be contacted through my former Amazon reviewer email address: "elected_silence@hotmail.com".

They just keep sending me the same canned response. I order almost everything on Amazon.

My husband already started ordering less from them because of what they are becoming, too much into our lives. After this, I am so upset I am just going to start ordering more from Walmart. the dynamic pricing on Amazon changes constantly anyway so it's harder to get the best price nowadays. Walmart is consistent.

Walmart also has a better return policy and you can just return at any Walmart store. Congratulations Amazon, this is your doing, and for what? Falsely accusing good, loyal customers of wrongdoing. I'malso canceling the 2-year protection plan on my Kindle I just bought.

I don't plan on being loyal anymore. If it breaks before the two years I'm getting something else.

to Kindle Customer #1578903

Also Bed Bath & Beyond has a new membership program where you get 20% off of everything everyday and free shipping. Bed Bath & Beyond also has a better return policy than Amazon. You can return anything years after you bought it even to a store.

BelatedHalibut

Same thing happened to me this week. I noticed one day all my reviews were gone!

I contacted Amazon via chat and they assured me it would be escalated to another team and fixed. I have never violated Amazon's review policies and always try to write professional reviews with lots of pictures and helpful info. I also do not receive anything for free and it's all purchased with my actual Amazon credit card, so they could easily verify every single purchase I've made. I dont review books, so not related to or friends with any authors.

Update: This morning I get a canned response saying I "violated their review policy" and that all my reviews were deleted and I can never post reviews again. Also, they say they cannot discuss it further and will not respond to replies. Seriously? Maybe because there is no actual violation and you have no legitimate reason you can use to explain your actions?

All that came AFTER having a very positive chat session with Amazon Help on how they were going to fix my account, had copies of all my reviews saved, etc. My take on it all... maybe it's not Amazon deleting them at all. Maybe they've been hacked and they really can't figure out why it's happening.

So now I have to wonder if my account is compromised. Why would they delete legitimate reviews when they allow "Vine Voices" and affiliate clicks? It sounds like they are deleting reviews from many people who have legitimately purchased and reviewed 100's - 1000's of products, yet Amazon doesn't really even care about losing these loyal customers. I write reviews as a way of giving back and to try and help other buyers make informed decisions about purchases, because let's face it, not everyone has a huge disposable income.

I know I personally will sometimes read every single review before making a big ticket purchase, because I'm currently on disability. Sorry Amazon, but something smells fishy here and it ain't the seaweed wraps you sell.

BelatedHalibut
to BelatedHalibut #1578234

P.S. I also do not write tons of negative reviews.

Only seller I ever gave a 1 star negative was an overseas scammer - sold one thing and shipped a completely different item. They had 0 reviews when I purchased and I wwnt back to warn other buyers.

When, I came back, sadly they now had huge pile of negatives built up from multiple buyers who received cheap knockoff sunglasses instead of NFL sweatshirts they ordered and paid for. Most of my reviews are 4 to 5 stars.

to BelatedHalibut #1598972

Follow up one month later: After 2 different chats with Amazon help and waiting several weeks, my reviews were finally restored online. (Sort of) I can see all of them again under my Profile, but half of them now say they are "Hidden due to sensitivity filter." What?

The reviews are for common household items (multi-vitamin, hair color, toothpaste, etc) - not "sensitive" items at all. I re-read all my reviews, and there is absolutely nothing in the language (on my part) that could be considered sensitive, or derogatory, or inflammatory in any way. So.... I contacted them yet a 3rd time.

They agreed, my reviews were fine. So now they are looking into this and (supposedly) going to fix it. My advice is, if you put a lot of work and time into your reviews and you want to get them back, keep trying. It does take awhile, and may even take several chat sessions.

If not, it may not be worth all the effort.

I'm honestly on the fence as to whether I will review anything again, because it could just end up disappearing as well and I'm not sure how secure their reviewing system is right now lately. Sad, because i loved Amazon.