Verified Reviewer

3.4

I tried to help a roommate make a purchase on Amazon and place the order and added his credit card to my account. Due to this innocent transaction, Amazon has had my account on hold for over 1 week.

I keep being told they're investigating the situation and have no idea what's going on. If it's that much of an issue just take the darn card off my account and I'll pay with my card and he can pay me back! If they were doing a proper investigation they would have already realized my roommate is indeed the card holder and he lives at the same address as I do. It's a shame they're losing a lot of money because I'm now doing my holiday shopping elsewhere.

I find the whole thing absolutely ridiculous. I understand not wanting to have fraud committed, but this is beyond ridiculous at this point.

I also have an issue with them because they're the only company that sells phone cases for T-Mobile's new Revvl 5. I was not told to order the right case and had to reorder the correct one. As a result, shipping was delayed, I dropped my phone, and it now has cracks.

I believe Amazon should be liable for replacing my phone because the shipping was delayed. I dropped it the day before I got the case.

User's recommendation: If you're making a purchase for someone else, use the card you have linked with your Amazon account and let the person pay you back.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Amazon Pros: Easy returns.

Comments