Resolved

Update by user Jul 15

Amazon never contacted me. I called again and got transfwrred to someone who was happy to close my account thw account is closed and I will not have any otgwr contact with amazon.

Original review posted by user Jun 15

I tried to buy something at amazon. During checkout, they said I could get it in 2 days free if I accept a 30 day trial of Amazon Prime.

I said okay, and as soon as they got my credit card number, I went to the cart to make the purchase. I was already logged in, but they wanted me to log in again. When I tried, it said my account was locked for security purposes and to check my email for instructions how to unlock it. No email ever came to my inbox, trash, or spam folders.

I called customer support who said they would put in a ticket and someone would look at it in 48 hours. She wanted my phone number, then said they would email me. Why do they want my phone number if they are going to email me?

I can't use the contact amazon link because you have to be logged into your account to use it. Nice setup, lock the account and say check email for a message that is never coming and prevent the customer from contacting you.

All I want now is my credit card info GONE from amazon and all my information gone from amazon and that account permanently closed. I can buy anything from someone else

Product or Service Mentioned: Amazon Account.

Preferred solution: delete my credit card & close the account.

Amazon Cons: Being lured into prime subscription then locked out.

Comments