Amazon Reviews

Show reviews that mention
order account customer service customer service money card refund item delivery
Filter review

Amazon supports fraudulent buyers

I sold my personal iphone 4 16gb on Amazon to this buyer by the name "elie Hermanos" claims the phone was not working so after multiple emails trying to help him he said no and sent it back. When I received the phone it was not the same one I shipped him , I hooked it up to itunes and it was a 32 gb with a broken screen. He filed an A to Z claim with Amazon, and even though I have receipts of the original phone when I bought it from AT&T that states its a 16 gb and a screen shot of itunes, Amazon still awarded this criminal with the claim. They are still waiting on me to send him a refund but quess what, he's not getting it. I closed my bank account etc. I work too hard for my money so some low life can steal it and on top of it all Amazon didnt care if I had proof or not. This is by far the worst experience I've had selling anything online. A to Z claims if you do research online is a way for fraudulent buyers to get free stuff and it's sad that Amazon doesn't back up the seller. Kathryn Hinshaw.

Ditto for me. I had a guy who after six weeks made a false claim that I sold him a Playstation 4 the "looked like it had been used".

Yeah. That's because it was clearly listed in the used category as USED like new. Without warning, Amazon refunded him, and attempted to extort $415 from me and the buyer has "no obligation to return the merchandise. This is theft folks.

It's Amazon assisted theft.

Report this to the Better Business Bureau. If enough of us stand together, it sends a consistent message. It takes about ten minutes to file a claim.

By the way, Kudos for closing your bank account. Don't let them get by with theft.

For my part, it just so happened that an old credit card was still my billing card, so my credit card company is not allowing the transaction to go through. And if they try to use another card, I'll report the transaction as fraudulent.

Because it is. Do not let Amazon steal from you.

This is happening to me too!! Customers from overseas/international buyers are doing this.

They used shippers here in the US and then these shippers send the items to them in their countries and it seems Amazon is a breathing ground for them!! Then they file bogus claims with Amazon saying that they didn't get the right item or it was never delivered!!

And there is no where on Amazon to report these buyers!! BE WARN!!!

View more comments (1)
Bensalem Township, Pennsylvania

Got screwed out 139.98 bucks by amazon.com
I bought this thing seeing as it said leather, not knowing it was fake leather. Now that I admit is my fault as I wasn't quite paying attention to what I was reading. I just wanted the jacket. It was shipped using DHL, who kept getting the wrong address. Got here a few days after Christmas finally. Was surprised at how cheaply put together this thing is. The top zipper pocket...is just a zipper. No pocket there at all. Both side pockets are already falling off.It's not like I was wrestling around in it. The pockets ripped to the point that there are now holes from where the lining pulled its self out, I think from my movement I walk around town a lot) and being as I have no idea where to find a tailor and I have no car to get there, they pockets can't be fixed. Keep in mind I only had it for a few hours at this point when I noticed the rips and how badly it was falling apart. Not sure they could anyway as I'm unsure how you go about repairing torn pleather. The lining ripped through the jacket so now there is *** as well as both pockets falling off, they don't close. Those buttons are strictly fashion over function. The back is already warn and discolored. Item was supposed to be large but barley fits me. I'm afraid to wear it cause I think it might rip more and since it's "custom" made there is no size tag for me to check and make sure. Anyway Long story short, I filed a claim, it got denied, made an appeal, that got denied. So I'm out the $140 I payed for this *** thing, that's already falling apart after only wearing it a handful of times. So out $140 I could be using to pay bills, or buy some much needed food in my house for something busted up and useless that I'm probably going to have to throw away 2 or 3 months down the road. To *** with Amazon. No longer a customer. Can't even begin to explain just how pissed I am right now. Defiantly got scammed. Anyway that's my review. It looks nice sure, but it wont last more than a week. DO NOT BUY IT. You'll regret it. In other news I'm getting in contact with a few people at the courthouse. Looking to see how I can bring Amazon.com and the seller to small claims court. I'm not going to be out 140 cause they don't want to refund me for an "opened clothing item" that is defective. "can be returned unopen or unworn in original packaging"...that makes no sense at all. How the *** are you supposed to figure out if it fits or if it's defective if you don't open the bloody package and try it on. Are you guys kidding me? Know how many people must get screwed cause of that rule? Probably the only purpose for it. I need that money. Bad. I'm behind on bills, and my house is out of food as I lost my job recently. So if taking these people to small claims court and spending a few bucks to get the majority of my pay back is what I need to do to get a refund...then bet your *** that's what I'm going to do. I'll be contacting the courthouse Monday so when I win I'll post again. I used to love this site too. I referred all of my friends. Got them away from ebay and onto here. But after being royally screwed again I'll be going back to ebay and telling anyone I know to do the same. (this is my review on their site btw)

Good for you! I wish you luck in court.

I too, used to love Amazon. I have to do ALL my shopping online because I am very sick and thus disabled. Lately they won't let me return anything!

I only return items if the reason is legitimate such as being defective or not turning out to be anything like what they describe online..or similar reasons.

I too am Done with them.

What did the listing say that made you think it was leather? You now say you should have read it more carefully, so I want to understand how this happens so i do not make the same error.

I will say one thing...I understand your sitch, but I wouldn't trust ANYBODY selling online at this point...everybody *** everybody over at some point, kind of like how I got *** over with A&E Designs and Woody's Books...but by the same token, I also got *** over by eBay...I don't trust EITHER of these ***

Perhaps you should've been paying your bills instead of shopping!! Hard to feel sorry for someone buying things they clearly can't afford. :roll :roll

@Sara L Xph

I don't think the problem was with his ability to afford it. The problem was that it was defective.

View more comments (4)
Southbridge, Massachusetts
Loss
I ordered several items through Amazon.com and some of the items were sold by third party sellers that go through the same website. Well, two of the companies...A&E Designs and Woody's Books, became two of the worst experiences of online shopping in my ***...
Amazon Customer Care
Loss

Wrong item sent before xmas - then replacement soaked in gasoline!

This is regarding an order I placed originally on December 10th for a Christmas gift for my daughter. (A play kitchen).The first shipment received was the incorrect product. Not what I ordered. It was a play kitchen, but it was like they just picked a random one and sent it to me. I called as soon as this was discovered (dec 18th) and was told the correct one would not be sent to me until early January (so no Christmas gift for my daughter – thanks Amazon) Instead of having no gift, we put the incorrect one together, (Thanks again Amazon, now lost three hours of our life.)Well, we finally received the correct product (January 4th!), and I literally smells like it has been soaking in a barrel of gasoline. We have had it ‘airing out’ outside for two days, but that has not helped. We also live in a cold climate, with snow coming, so leaving it outside longer is not an option. We moved it in the house and I want to call the fire department to test our air because it smells so bad. The smell is horrible. I am not exaggerating. I want to just throw this away.I would like Amazon to pick this one up, and send me a new one that does not smell (I read reviews and this seems to be a one off problem – maybe the shipping company spilled something on the box?) I wish someone could come to my house to smell this. I may sound crazy, but this is unacceptable.The person on chat told me they could not replace this because Amazon does not have this in stock. I see the item online (for a cheaper price mind you). I don’t care that it is not being sold by Amazon, you should purchase that one on my behalf and send it to me free of charge. This is getting to be so much of a pain for a silly play kitchen.All they are telling me is that I can return this (by them sending me a return label and me repacking this and bringing it to a shipment center. It weighs close to 50 pounds! How an I supposed to do this? That is the reason I ordered via Amazon! Ugg)Also, as a former Amazon Mom member, now Amazon Prime member, lots of complaints there, but that is a whole other thread. …Just venting i guess. So annoyed.

Maybe you do just need to vent & that is fine. But really?

50lbs? You are going to complain about having to lift 50lbs? What are you 7 years old? I am sure your kid weighed more than that when she was 3 years old, but i bet you still picked her up every time she asked you to.

Oh & just a little bit of info for you, for future reference, you wouldn't have had to take the package any further than your front door. Amazon sends you the return label, you box it up you stick the sticker on the package, you call who ever the label is through (usps, ups, fedx, etc) & they come right to your door & pick up that super heavy 50lb item. now aside from the weight rant, depending on what the silly toy was made out of it might have just been off-gassing. You see when you buy your kid toys that are made out of stinky chemicals like PLASTIC, they have to off-gas, it's what gives cabbage patch kids & my little ponies that distinctive smell.

Unfortunately sometimes the fumes do smell like gasoline, but that is the price that you pay for buying your kid a plastic kitchen.

On the upside though, you now have two plastic kitchens for your kid. =)

Loss

AMAZON HOLDING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, GIFTCARD, AND PROMOTIONAL FEES IN LIEU OF OUT OF STOCK MERCH

In December 2012, I purchased a game console from a trade in of text books in which I received a gift card. Found out 10 0f 13 books was received. Asked amazon about the 3 missing books. "You are responsible for the books". Compalined to customer service, and was given promotional credit for missing books. OK. Used gift card, promotional credit, and credit card to purchase console. Found out that game console is temporary out of stock (Over 14 days). Told that I could cancel, and order from other sellers. 1/5/13 and item is still out of stock. Why ask consumers to purchase items out of stock? why tell consumers that their credit card will not be charged until item is shipped? Oh! I forgot. consumer can not use promotional credit to buy items from other sellers who charge extra for shipping. Drum roll! Answer to each question above is simply frAud with a capital A(mazon). Please take a moment to contact the Attoney General in your state. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. Amanzon must be stopped. Reminds me of Shame Stop, if you follow my aim.
Amazon Gift Card

Amazon Screws Sellers Unmercifully

I have been selling on Amazon for years. With nearly a 100 transactions I've only had a few that the item wasn't satisfactory to the buyer in which I always refunded their money. After this happened a few times I started to become leary because it always happened with electronics in which the buyer claimed it was broken when I had checked to see if it was working before I shipped it.Finally the situation came to a point when I purchased 4 brand new factory-sealed Android Nextbook tablets on Black Friday and put them on Amazon to make a fair profit. Two of the transactions went normal. One buyer claimed they accidentally bought two of the same item and wanted a refund, so they sent it back and a refund they got. Yet it was opened and I mistakenly trusted it was still brand new. It wasn't until I resold it and this customer claimed I sold them a "haywire" defective item that I realized the first buyer had probably switched items and sent it back. The last instance was one in which the buyer claimed they didn't want it anymore. I told them since it was an opened electronic item I couldn't give a full refund, in which they immediately submitted an A-to-Z claim saying it was defective and broken. Of course Amazon believed sellers in both instances, even when I tried to explain I had sold "brand new" items. These instances cost me over $200 dollars and permanent lose of seller priveleges. Sellers beware on Amazon. There are many fraudulent/ignorant buyers out there and Amazon won't protect you from them!

Yes Nextbook 8 inst very good. I am so sorry you had that happen.

I attempted at the first of the year to return both my Nextbooks because they wouldn't even come on properly and both overheated that first day.

Walmart only has 15 day warranty and they admitted a HIGH VOLUME of people having issues with them.

Nextbook refused to help and told me to return it to the store only the store could honor their warranty......DONT EVER BUY A NEXTBOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. I sell on Amazon and to them the buyer is always right. I manufacture a product and sell direct. I don't buy and resell items. You would think Amazon would have enough sense to look at the all the correspondence between yourself and the buyer and say HEY!!! the buyer didn't want it and said it was open so he has the right to charge up to a 50% restock fee. But no those 100% *** don't follow there own rules.

What I do is price my product high on Amazon. I mention in various locations on the sale pages that it is manufactured and sold by (MY COMPANY NAME). This is also my website name minus the dot com. As you know it is against Amazons policy to advertise your web site or email.

If a potential buyer likes my product they will most likely research my company name on the internet, find it and go to my web site where they will now find my product at a much lesser price. NOW THEY BUY IT. Now my profits are higher. I screw Amazon out of there fees of 15%. If I sell an item on Amazon at a higher price I still win as the buyer paid full retail price. Buy the way my items are priced at $150-$250. I get screwed at 15% with Amazon.

Anyone can do this. If you buy and resell various items. Get a fictitious business name from your county (it is cheap) and a domain name for example; specialtyproducts.com. Try to have the same business and domain name (it makes it easier). Start a $20-$40 a month web site (eCommerce) like Shopify, Volusion etc., Set up a Pay pal Account where deposits go.

Now on your product pages on Amazon in various locations place sold by "specialty products". Chances are the buyer will look for your site. Let Amazon and eBay be you billboard.

Report this crime to the Better Business Bureau.

Amazon has a really bad habit of sticking it to their sellers. Don't let 'em get away with it. The more we unite, the bigger a message it sends that we will not be screwed over by these thieves.

I was duped out of a brand new Playstation 4 and Amazon is refusing to do anything about it.

View more comments (2)
Lansing, Michigan
Amazon Tablet
Loss

A to Z Gaurantee does nothing for Christmas Presents!

As the busy shopping season dawned upon us in November, I decided to purchase a present for my kid nephew early in November to avoid extra shipping costs to receive the item by Christmas. So I purchased a $90 aquadoodle Thomas Train set and received it November 11th. Great, I thought! I had it all wrapped and under the tree come December. We opened the gift on Christmas day 12/25/12. My 2 year old nephew was excited and wanted to play with it immediately. We hurried to put the batteries in and begin playing the this toy that you draw a train track and this thomas train follows. So the batteries went in the train and bam! Train moves in circles. This isn't right, ,I thought. I fiddled with the train to find out the entire left side wheels do not move. Changed batteries three times and again same thing. Well, I thought this is awful of me but I have to take it back, I tell my dear nephew, but I promise to give you a new one that works. After some tears he agreed. I contacted Amazon seller, 911Drugstore. After 8 days and three more attempts to contact I decided to call Amazon customer service for help. The customer service rep named Kim, was so understanding. I began to feel confident that I would not be ripped off as a consumer. She helped file an A to Z claim. This is where things went so very wrong and I say SHAME ON YOU AMAZON!! The claim department responded within 24 hours (yea!) unfortunately telling me they will close my claim because I did not contact the seller within 14 days. Well in my claim, as written by an Amazon customer service representative herself, it stated that this was a Christmas gift so it was not opened until after 14days. Clearly, this claim department did not care, but did say the seller would agree to return the item, provided I pay shipping. I responded asking where's my protection here if you've cancelled my claim? And received another harsh email stating my claim is closed it's past 14days. How awful of a company to not listen to consumers and side with a seller that clearly does not want to take any responsibility for this quite expensive purchase! What happened to understanding that some amazon purchases are Christmas gifts and may not have been opened within 14 days of purchase? So Amazon claims this: Holiday Returns Policy Items shipped by Amazon.com between November 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012, may be returned until January 31, 2013, for a full refund, subject to our other return guidelines listed below. I meet all return guidelines listed too. So, THIS IS FALSE!!! BUYER BE WARE!!!!! This A to Z claim was closed telling me past 14 days but then Amazon posts this holiday return policy! Does this make sense? I've been ripped off completely and to make matters worse my poor nephew had a toy taken away that I cannot replace!

You put yourself in that situation Why blame Amazon? A house cat has more common sense than that.

Always have a backup plan.Youhave time enough to cry on this page put it to better use.Live and learn you angry gits make me sick. :x

The holiday return policy is only for items fulfilled or sold by amazon, not items from sellers who have their own return policies which are stated on their seller page. I'm sorry for the heartache of your situation though.

View more comments (1)
Columbus, Ohio
Amazon Customer Care

What a joke

purchased a case from one of the sellers on Amazon, Boxwave returned paid to have a signature so they would not be able to say they didn't get it. Well they did get it and now amazon will not help me get my money back even thought the customer service rep saw on the post office site that the item was signed for. I am now looking for some where else to get my books, etc. they are just after the money. customer service sucks. what do you do when a company like amazon just laughs in your face.
ID
#372060 Review #372060 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Baltimore, Maryland

Amazon prime

Everything started on december 25th. I ordered a galaxy note 10.1 from amazon and decided it was time to get amazon prime since I usually order quite frecuently from amazon. So I got the 2 day shipping since I'm moving to florida (currently in CA) tomorrow. Short story: package hasn't arrived yet and the support people gave me an extra month of amazon prime and they shipped the package again yesterday for overnight (or at least that is what the guy sais) but site says it will be delivered by january 2nd. Great solution amazon! I won't be here by then! So obviously i'm not interested on extending my amazon prime membership since it sucks and I'm gonna have to look for the *** thing in florida after I finish moving which sucks couse I really wanted it before.
Sandy City, Utah
Amazon Membership
Loss

Amazon sent wrong items, won't fix it

My brother purchased 4 DVD's for my children for Xmas. He's in UK (Zone 2), we're in Australia (Zone 4). Amazon sent Zone 1 (North America only). So, when we sat down to watch one of the DVD's it didn't work and the children were quite upset. I then emailed a compaint to Amazon, who refused to do anything without an email from the purchaser's email account. I told them I didnt want him to know, and sent a copy of the order note. They then want me to pay for replacement items (then promise to refund, but I dont trust them to be capable of that), or to send them back (and be refunded a max of $15). Pretty hopeless! I've now let my brother know how they've totally stuffed it all up and ruined the gift. We'll see if they respond to him. At the very least they should issue him with a refund, and we'll just bin the DVDs.
Cairns, Queensland
Amazon Account

Amazon.com-Bad service can't be submitted if issued a credit.

I placed an order on Amazon.com on December 15, 2012. The company Hot Topic took my money and sent me an email that item was shipped. When the item never arrived, I emailed them twice. When they finally responded, they said the order never went through and that they didn't have my size any longer. Since they gave such terrible service, I wanted to complain so other shoppers know what bad service Hot Topic provides. However, you are not allowed to rate a seller if they give you a refund. So Amazon might have thousands of unhappy customers out there that have no place to warn other customers of their bad experiences!!
Vancouver, Washington

False statements about free shipping.

I just tried to place an order on Amazon but when I went to check out I was charged over $15 for shipping charges that should have been $4.65. I ordered 2 items which the combined price was about $112. The ads for these said there was free super shipping on orders over $25. The 3rd item said free standard shipping. The fourth item said $4.65 for shipping. I called them and after about 40 minutes I just got so disgusted that I hung up. The CSR gave me some gobbledeguk and I had no idea what he was saying. What happened? Isn't the customer always assumed to be right? With this type of attitude many people will stop doing business with this company. Same thing happened with my Christmas order. I ended up cancelling it also. Should have known better than to try to buy anything from them again. I have learned my lesson. For just a little over $10 they have lost a customer. Its like they don't even want your business. They certainly lost a lot of future business from me as I buy gift cards $200-$400 for my clients which I will switch to a different company. Anyone know of a good reputable company that I can use?

While the plethora of shipping options might be a little overwhelming, if you just read what is there on the screen you would know how much your shipping will be, & you could see what the qualifications are for that shipping option. Here is another little old adage for you, "let the buyer beware". There is no "small print" everything is clearly marked.

Actually to get free shipping the item has to be sold and fulfilled by amazon if the items were purchased through a seller or marketplace seller those items do not count towards the total to be eligible for free shipping

Actually, "The customer is always right" is nothing more than a store slogan from the old Marshall Fields store in Chicago. Means nothing in the real world. And I seriously doubt Amazon is going to miss your business.

Barnes and noble is pretty good

View more comments (3)
Paradise Valley, Arizona

Why

I am 15 i just got(12/25/12) the newest kindle paper white with a gift card I put the gift card on my amazon account ( via computer ) but my kindle won't let me buy any books with my gift card witch I find a bunch of ***. You should be able to put a gift card on your account via computer and still use it on your kindle.I find this *** to be down right *** wich if you ask me and probably many cost enters they will find this true. Know please try to reply ASAP
Algonac, Michigan
Amazon Account

Amazon wished me a merry christmas...

Ordered a $1000 led tv for my parents 2 weeks before christmas. It came on wednesday the week before christmas in horrible condition. The box was mangled, you heard the shattered glass pieces moving around inside. So I refused the package. I call amazon that night saying the tv is unacceptable and if they can send me a replacement right away, they refused. Only if I got my refund they can. They said I would immediately have my refund... on friday. Friday comes, and unsurprisingly, no refund. So now all hope of getting a tv before christmas is gone. I email them saying exactly what happened since the tv came. They email me back with no acknowledgement of the issue at all, no mention of the 2 customer service reps that assured me my refund would be there by that friday. All they said was I'll see my refund in the next 1-2 business days, and "Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?". Merry Christmas to you too amazon......
Jersey City, New Jersey
Loss
On 12/3/12, I purchased 5 items from Amazon.com. According to the tracking history, they were shipped on 12/4/12. The history states that the packaged arrived at 9:50 on 12/10. The next statement says that the package was undeliverable. Reason stated: incorrect...
Winter Park, Florida