I purchased a Princess Leia costume (the white one - stop giggling) from Amazon. It was filled and shipped by 7th Avenue Stores. When I received it, I was horrified. The costume was the absolute worst thing I had ever seen. The dress was see through - a fact not mentioned in the product description, the stitching was coming apart, the wig did not even cover your whole head, etc.

I called the store to return it and was told they "don't do returns" on costumes, they only do "exchanges." They said I could exchange it for another costume if I wanted. Are you kidding me???? Pick another crappy costume I don't want because I don't want the crappy costume you sent me?

So basically, they have a completely false description of the costume you buy. Then, when you get the costume and discover how totally crappy and shoddily made it is, they tell you that because it's a costume, they won't refund your money. Total scam! Don't buy this costume or from this company!

Comments

I purchased a Santa wig and beard. When it arrived it was different from the one in the photo on the Amazon 7th Avenue website.

Four phone calls, one live chat, and three emails later I can only return the item by losing $5.75 shipping, and paying 20% restocking fee. Iuld never have purchased this item if I had seen the photo that appears on the actual package.These people are using bait-and-switch tactics by misrepresenting the quality of the merchandise.

I realized later that they are also using the same photo for two other wig sets at two different prices. Why isn't anyone being held accountable for these illegal practices?

I had a similar problem with them. Merchandise was not as pictured, it was instead shoddy quality.

Merchant initially refused to accept return, then only refunded part of price.

Poor customer service, unhelpful, and lousy attitude. Stay away from this seller.

I ordered an Ironman costume. I got the box on time, opened it up and tried it on.

Then I found two holes in the costume and immediately called the company.

They refused to take any blame for their poor quality defective costume and would not take any returns. They had the nerve to tell me that because I put the costume on it was now worn and could not be returned.

yuppers

Why can't you all file an A-Z buyer protection claim and get your money back?

Thanks for all the reviews, you guys saved me money, sorry about your lost. But i will definitely take ur words and stay far away from that store. And its about time amazon stops dealing with them.

They sold me a the wrong item and a broken.

Somehow they thought it was fair to charge me $56 return fees and shipping for a $99 item.

Extremely rude customer service.

Return policy that violates the law. I am considering filing a class action suit for anyone who has been charged a restocking fee for their defective merchandise.

This store sucks like you know what! They have defective items and they don't even honor exchanges and returns. If you want to keep your hard earned money, keep away from this store and tell your friends, as well.

#204003

This company is horrible!!! They refuse to refund anything even when it's defective merchandise, not to mention not very good quality either.

DO NOT ORDER FROM 7TH AVENUE STORE FOR ANY COSTUMES - IT WILL BE A RIPOFF AND CHEAP MERCHANDISE.

SAVE YOUR MONEY! LET'S PUT THIS COMPANY OUT OF BUSINESS ONCE AND FOR ALL!

#203987

Very frustrating to even just try to contact them. They just run recordings and you are unable to talk to anyone regarding your issue.

And from reading previous reviews looks like I'm not going to get a refund anyway. I will NEVER use this company again!!!!!!

Thanks for nothing! What a ripoff!

#201971

I have a similar complaint AND I got sent a costume that was missing parts. Now they won't return my phone calls.

I tried to send the costume back and they refused it. I wrote to the better business bureau to hopefully change their policy when addressing customers.

#200576

PLEASE don't buy from this store worst experience basically if for ever reason you don't want the product they will *** over...

Pls learn from past mistakes from other people...I am completely annoyed...

#198244

if you read some of the reviews on their amazon site, they have a lot of people are are not happy. i am one of them.

the costume looks like ***.... and the shipping was omg